Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
Includes Han Solo, Chewbacca and C-3PO
By YAK_Chewie
Ha ha, for once even I think that a clone wars set looks better than its realistic counterparts!! Could Hasbro be any cheaper with what they are offering with those old figures? Seriously!

Clone Troopers - I hate animated styling, but at least these are "new" enough to be worth buying for a lot of people.

Geonosis Arena - Ok... a terrible Obi Wan, a terrible Jango, and a good Battle Droid...? What? Who in the hell at Hasbro is selecting these figures? At least with Jango, it would make sense to include a Mace Windu instead of Kenobi...

Rebel Heroes - Terrible versions of Han and Chewbacca... and 3-PO... huh? Wouldn't it make more sense to pack in a Leia instead of 3PO? Again, I don't get the character selection.

Geeze.

:?:
By darth_sidious
Kids might not care as much about articulation as collectors, but some of these figures are a joke and should have never even been considered as repack material. Out of both movie BPs, I think you can get all those figures on ebay for about $2 each - Hasbro is ripping off parents and gift givers that will be picking these up.
By DarthEddie
$26.99 for the upcoming TRU-exclusive Podracers makes a lot more sense because you get FIVE figures, three of them(Mars, Dud, Clegg) were hard for some collectors to find when they were first out a few years ago and they come with racing flag accessories bearing the individual racer's logo from the film.

$22.99 for three mind-numbingly dull pegwarmers that don't even have top-notch articulation? A travesty. And to top it all off, these packs don't even come in fairly sturdy little window boxes. They are packaged on wide blister cards. Another reason to scoff at the pricepoint.

If TRU---notorious for charging more for their exclusives than other retailers---can give you FIVE fairly interesting action figures with accessories inside a nice little window box for just four dollars more than these stinkers? That's sad. Hasbro really missed the mark by a light-year with the Geonosis, Rebel and Clone packs. When they can make TRU exclusives look like a downright bargain that's saying something. :lol:
By combatJedi
DarthEddie wrote:$26.99 for the upcoming TRU-exclusive Podracers makes a lot more sense because you get FIVE figures, three of them(Mars, Dud, Clegg) were hard for some collectors to find when they were first out a few years ago and they come with racing flag accessories bearing the individual racer's logo from the film.

$22.99 for three mind-numbingly dull pegwarmers that don't even have top-notch articulation? A travesty. And to top it all off, these packs don't even come in fairly sturdy little window boxes. They are packaged on wide blister cards. Another reason to scoff at the pricepoint.

If TRU---notorious for charging more for their exclusives than other retailers---can give you FIVE fairly interesting action figures with accessories inside a nice little window box for just four dollars more than these stinkers? That's sad. Hasbro really missed the mark by a light-year with the Geonosis, Rebel and Clone packs. When they can make TRU exclusives look like a downright bargain that's saying something. :lol:

dont hesistate, if you want them grab them now...TRU has a bad habit of raising the price on HOT SELLERS!
By DarthEddie
For $19.99 they could keep them. For two dollars more they know where they can put them. :wink:
By DarthEddie
StooperZero wrote:i saw the Geonosis set yesterday

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IS Hasbro retarded???????????

IF i want figures that crappy I'll hope in my time machine and go back and pay $5 a piece for them.

They're starting to collect dust on the shelves around here. A few sold when they were first put out because they're in new 2012 packaging, but after that initial interest things died off. My TRU has half a dozen or more Geonosis sets that aren't selling and are there every single time I walk into the store. Same for Walmarts and Target. The Clone Troopers seem to be selling fairly well at most places, but the Geonosis and Rebel packs are staying put and clogging shelves. These Battle Packs were just a terrible marketing idea from the word "go." Most people don't want these stupid things.

Wanna see Battle Packs sell like hotcakes? Wait for the Walmart exclusive Astro Droids and Mos Espa Arena to hit in the coming week or so. The droids are a no-brainer and won't last long at all. Even the repacks of Anakin, Threepio and Sebulba in the other set will do fairly well, and the exclusive 3-D packaging will be a help in selling them both.
By combatJedi
DarthEddie wrote:
StooperZero wrote:i saw the Geonosis set yesterday

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IS Hasbro retarded???????????

IF i want figures that crappy I'll hope in my time machine and go back and pay $5 a piece for them.

They're starting to collect dust on the shelves around here. A few sold when they were first put out because they're in new 2012 packaging, but after that initial interest things died off. My TRU has half a dozen or more Geonosis sets that aren't selling and are there every single time I walk into the store. Same for Walmarts and Target. The Clone Troopers seem to be selling fairly well at most places, but the Geonosis and Rebel packs are staying put and clogging shelves. These Battle Packs were just a terrible marketing idea from the word "go." Most people don't want these stupid things.

Wanna see Battle Packs sell like hotcakes? Wait for the Walmart exclusive Astro Droids and Mos Espa Arena to hit in the coming week or so. The droids are a no-brainer and won't last long at all. Even the repacks of Anakin, Threepio and Sebulba in the other set will do fairly well, and the exclusive 3-D packaging will be a help in selling them both.

I guess, HASD'OH had a bunch of those Jango, OBI,Chewy and Solo laying around and couldn'y sell them off thru Ebay and said. "What the HECK!"...of course I could be wrong, they would reproduce those awful molds again would they?? :D

Updated my list above, after some hunting I found […]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Welcome aboard, I especially like your Maddie figu[…]

Who is shark ti? :lol: She’s that Jedi who bite[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

The dioramas for my own PN were always one of my […]

That Partisan Scout Trooper is insane. Why haven't[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani PMC Figure

Sweet, very nice! Thank you, Jodo. It's not a h[…]

John Morog Customs

Very nice!!! I love repainting the cheap costume g[…]

Hmmm... Lemme see.... 1 - Hammerhead 2 - Ponda Ba[…]