Image Image Image Image Image

2012 Battle Pack: Rebel Heroes

Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

2012 Battle Pack: Rebel Heroes

Postby YAK_Jayson » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:36 am

Includes Han Solo, Chewbacca and C-3PO
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: 2012 Battle Pack: Rebel Heroes

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:23 am

I wish that the realistic sets had better versions of those characters. Yikes.

:wink:
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:33 am

the CW set is all I want this waste of plastic
99%
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:32 pm

Ha ha, for once even I think that a clone wars set looks better than its realistic counterparts!! Could Hasbro be any cheaper with what they are offering with those old figures? Seriously!

Clone Troopers - I hate animated styling, but at least these are "new" enough to be worth buying for a lot of people.

Geonosis Arena - Ok... a terrible Obi Wan, a terrible Jango, and a good Battle Droid...? What? Who in the hell at Hasbro is selecting these figures? At least with Jango, it would make sense to include a Mace Windu instead of Kenobi...

Rebel Heroes - Terrible versions of Han and Chewbacca... and 3-PO... huh? Wouldn't it make more sense to pack in a Leia instead of 3PO? Again, I don't get the character selection.

Geeze.

:?:
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Kids might not care as much about articulation as collectors, but some of these figures are a joke and should have never even been considered as repack material. Out of both movie BPs, I think you can get all those figures on ebay for about $2 each - Hasbro is ripping off parents and gift givers that will be picking these up.
combatJedi
Nerf Herder

Postby combatJedi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 pm

I scanned the UPC from the BP I bough from Walmart at Target and they ring up at $22.99 DPCI# 087-06-0216
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 pm

$22.99... unreal. I am beginning to understand $9 or so for good vintage figures, but this is pathetic.

:wink:
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:59 pm

$26.99 for the upcoming TRU-exclusive Podracers makes a lot more sense because you get FIVE figures, three of them(Mars, Dud, Clegg) were hard for some collectors to find when they were first out a few years ago and they come with racing flag accessories bearing the individual racer's logo from the film.

$22.99 for three mind-numbingly dull pegwarmers that don't even have top-notch articulation? A travesty. And to top it all off, these packs don't even come in fairly sturdy little window boxes. They are packaged on wide blister cards. Another reason to scoff at the pricepoint.

If TRU---notorious for charging more for their exclusives than other retailers---can give you FIVE fairly interesting action figures with accessories inside a nice little window box for just four dollars more than these stinkers? That's sad. Hasbro really missed the mark by a light-year with the Geonosis, Rebel and Clone packs. When they can make TRU exclusives look like a downright bargain that's saying something. :lol:
"We lived through another day... it's a good excuse to celebrate."

-Soul Asylum, "Can't Even Tell"(1994)
combatJedi
Nerf Herder

Postby combatJedi » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:59 pm

DarthEddie wrote:$26.99 for the upcoming TRU-exclusive Podracers makes a lot more sense because you get FIVE figures, three of them(Mars, Dud, Clegg) were hard for some collectors to find when they were first out a few years ago and they come with racing flag accessories bearing the individual racer's logo from the film.

$22.99 for three mind-numbingly dull pegwarmers that don't even have top-notch articulation? A travesty. And to top it all off, these packs don't even come in fairly sturdy little window boxes. They are packaged on wide blister cards. Another reason to scoff at the pricepoint.

If TRU---notorious for charging more for their exclusives than other retailers---can give you FIVE fairly interesting action figures with accessories inside a nice little window box for just four dollars more than these stinkers? That's sad. Hasbro really missed the mark by a light-year with the Geonosis, Rebel and Clone packs. When they can make TRU exclusives look like a downright bargain that's saying something. :lol:

dont hesistate, if you want them grab them now...TRU has a bad habit of raising the price on HOT SELLERS!
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:01 pm

^
I might have to do that. Thanks for the warning! :lol:

combatJedi
Nerf Herder

Postby combatJedi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:42 am

Well its happened! Wally raised the prices on these packs, to $21.97...I still got another for $19.99 (they had the old price tag still up) :D
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:43 am

For $19.99 they could keep them. For two dollars more they know where they can put them. :wink:

StooperZero
Senator

Postby StooperZero » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:22 pm

i saw the Geonosis set yesterday

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IS Hasbro retarded???????????

IF i want figures that crappy I'll hope in my time machine and go back and pay $5 a piece for them.
DarthEddie
Supreme Chancellor

Postby DarthEddie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:34 pm

StooperZero wrote:i saw the Geonosis set yesterday

IF i want figures that crappy I'll hope in my time machine and go back and pay $5 a piece for them.

They're starting to collect dust on the shelves around here. A few sold when they were first put out because they're in new 2012 packaging, but after that initial interest things died off. My TRU has half a dozen or more Geonosis sets that aren't selling and are there every single time I walk into the store. Same for Walmarts and Target. The Clone Troopers seem to be selling fairly well at most places, but the Geonosis and Rebel packs are staying put and clogging shelves. These Battle Packs were just a terrible marketing idea from the word "go." Most people don't want these stupid things.

Wanna see Battle Packs sell like hotcakes? Wait for the Walmart exclusive Astro Droids and Mos Espa Arena to hit in the coming week or so. The droids are a no-brainer and won't last long at all. Even the repacks of Anakin, Threepio and Sebulba in the other set will do fairly well, and the exclusive 3-D packaging will be a help in selling them both.

combatJedi
Nerf Herder

Postby combatJedi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:01 am

DarthEddie wrote:
StooperZero wrote:i saw the Geonosis set yesterday

They're starting to collect dust on the shelves around here. A few sold when they were first put out because they're in new 2012 packaging, but after that initial interest things died off. My TRU has half a dozen or more Geonosis sets that aren't selling and are there every single time I walk into the store. Same for Walmarts and Target. The Clone Troopers seem to be selling fairly well at most places, but the Geonosis and Rebel packs are staying put and clogging shelves. These Battle Packs were just a terrible marketing idea from the word "go." Most people don't want these stupid things.

Wanna see Battle Packs sell like hotcakes? Wait for the Walmart exclusive Astro Droids and Mos Espa Arena to hit in the coming week or so. The droids are a no-brainer and won't last long at all. Even the repacks of Anakin, Threepio and Sebulba in the other set will do fairly well, and the exclusive 3-D packaging will be a help in selling them both.

I guess, HASD'OH had a bunch of those Jango, OBI,Chewy and Solo laying around and couldn'y sell them off thru Ebay and said. "What the HECK!"...of course I could be wrong, they would reproduce those awful molds again would they?? :D

Return to “Movie Heroes/Discover the Force (2012)/Saga Legends (2013)”