Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By DarthEddie
If they had chosen much better Jango and Obi-Wan figures they'd be selling better. It's basically that simple. The figures that are currently inside that pack are outdated, have poor articulation and weren't terribly beloved and popular when they were NEW.
By Paulskywalker
Another example of the strange all over the place prising in the UK.

Argos £14.99 and on sale at the moment for £11.94
Asda £19.99 shocker but....
TRU £24.99!!!!!! For repaint/repacks :roll:
By YAK_Chewie
DarthEddie wrote:If they had chosen much better Jango and Obi-Wan figures they'd be selling better. It's basically that simple. The figures that are currently inside that pack are outdated, have poor articulation and weren't terribly beloved and popular when they were NEW.

Exactly.

These sets have barely any crossover appeal to adults. Seems parents aren't buying them either for their kids.

:wink:
By DarthEddie
The current crop of Battle Packs falls into three categories:

AWESOME AND A MUST-HAVE: Royal Starship Droids

NOT WONDERFUL, BUT WORTH IT IF YOU'RE INTO THE CHARACTERS: Republic Troopers, Mos Espa Arena

SUCKY AND AN INSULT TO BOTH KIDS AND COLLECTORS: Rebel Heroes, Geonosis Arena Battle

I don't collect the Clone Wars line so the Republic Troopers fall into a fourth and unofficial "not interested" category. If I were into the animated Clones those guys might be a really good purchase and I'd probably dig them. But I'm not so they're just bright and colorful shelfwarmers as far as I'm concerned. Still...they're a dozen times better than the uber-crappy Rebel and Geonosis sets. Hasbro would probably put the 1999 COMMTech Han Solo in boxes of snack crackers or breakfast cereal if they could get away with it.
By DarthEddie
They're not worth it for SEVEN. I've seen reports that some people have found it for a little as five to seven dollars. Hasbro should be paying us money to take this junk off their hands.
By DarthEddie
What they *should* have done with this Battle Pack:

*C-3PO: The 2005 Revenge of the Sith figure repainted with a silver lower right leg and duller overall gold finish to represent Threepio's appearance in the Original Trilogy.

*Chewbacca: A straight repack of the 2005 Early Bird Kit Chewbacca with no changes. Failing that, the most recent Saga Legends figure with a few tweaks to his eyes and other small paint details to sharpen Chewie's face a little.

*Han Solo: The 2004 VOTC or 2011 Vintage Collection Yavin Ceremony Han with slight paint apps differences and, of course, without Han's medal from the ceremony.

Three excellent or very good figures. Three molds that haven't been used ad nauseam to the point of wanting to throw up in the toy aisle because you just saw them again. If the Target-exclusive Vintage "Special Action Figure Sets" can also have three repacked, repainted figures and sell for a similar pricepoint then why can't the 2012 Battle Packs have similar quality? Every one of the Target 3-packs is a terrific(or at least passable) deal for the money and uses very good sculpts and repaints of the included characters. The Battle Packs shouldn't be treated any differently. For $21.99 - $24.99 they should have three figures that you wouldn't mind owning all over again. A repainted ROTS Threepio, the Early Bird Chewie and a much more recent and articulated ANH Han would likely be selling much, much, much better than the collection of nougated deer turds that's on shelves right now. And the best thing is that Hasbro's tooling budget would hardly be affected by re-releasing these figures since they're already out in one form or another and any changes to the paint jobs would be subtle for the most part.

Other three- and four-packs are downright stunning or---at the very least---acceptable. The new Battle Packs shouldn't be treated like a redheaded stepchild chained up in the basement and shown no love. Come on, Hasbro. Let's snap to it.

I have a feeling that Moloch will be more readily […]

Community fodder box...

Fodder box literally just arrived ten minutes ago.[…]

Utinniii's Unique Creations Vol 2

I actually made a Squib (and have fodder for 3 mo[…]

Yakfinities #70 - Vote Now

I'm really hoping droids win; I've got a couple pr[…]

Custom Weyland-Yutani Scientist Figure

He looks pretty cool! Thanks! He wasn't too dif[…]

In 1984, as their successful Star Wars line was […]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Alien Pickpocket: He frequents the spaceport looki[…]