Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Sybeck1
The Bespin and Naboo Battlepacks?

JTA wrote about them in their Facebook postings Saturday, and I heard the Hasbro guy on audio saying they were coming.

These are for Bespin: Vader, Luke, and Fett

Naboo: Qui Jonn, Obi, and Maul

These were to be all new figures.

Were theu possibly on slides?

Thanks
By The Professor
No pictures. Photography was not allowed during the slideshow presentation, and no photos or slides have emerged. Apparently, they were newish figures. I'm moving this to the Movie Heroes section for now. Hopefully, someone who was there will elaborate on what they involve. The new Obi-Wan was apparently really good.
By YAK_Jayson
The Professor wrote:No pictures. Photography was not allowed during the slideshow presentation, and no photos or slides have emerged. Apparently, they were newish figures. I'm moving this to the Movie Heroes section for now. Hopefully, someone who was there will elaborate on what they involve. The new Obi-Wan was apparently really good.

Yes the figure are new.
By DarthEddie
I've heard very, very little about either Battle Pack. The Naboo one's gotten a little more attention in the collecting community and we know a bit more about it, but not much. I hope the figures in both are at the very least semi-new kitbashes. It would suck for almost every 2012 Battle Pack to be made up of repaints and old recycled figures that haven't seen the light of day in years or didn't sell particularly well the first time they were released. The Walmart Royal Starship Droids BP is proof Hasbro can make a pack that for all intents and purposes is brand-new and contains figures that most collectors will salivate over. Let's hope we see more like that.
By Paulskywalker
What i don't get is why make all new figures of these six as will have pretty much had good ones of these recently, couldn't they have used the money to get some new guys out? I'm sure they will be amazing and i will definately buy; Ball-jointed hips on all of them would be good especially Fett.
By DarthEddie
It's Hasbro, man.

Nobody's ever been able to figure out their logic. No pun intended. :wink:
Rune Hakko posted a link to walmart.com for the Naboo battle pacsk, it looks like it will contain: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul (after getting them in 3 different lines and 2 different waves :? ) Here is the description:

Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi battle Darth Maul during the invasion of Naboo. The two Jedi encounter the Sith Lord in the palace hangar and fight a fierce Lightsaber duel that ends in the Theed Generator Complex. Obi-Wan becomes separated from Qui-Gon by the complex's security shield, and can only watch as his Master continues the battle alone. But when the shield lowers once more, Obi-Wan attacks Maul with grief-stricken determination.

Star Wars The Clone Wars Battle Packs Duel on Naboo Set:•Intergalactic Battle Game puts the drama of the Star Wars saga in your hands
•Duel your way to glory — or infamy — as you take on the role of your favorite hero or villain
•Comes with 3 action figures and accessories, 3 dueling cards, 3 battle bases and game die
By DarthEddie
This might be a pass for me, then. I already have multiple copies of each figure in the set. The window box and backdrop would have to be pretty amazing for me to pick this one up. :(
By YAK_Jayson
DarthEddie wrote:This might be a pass for me, then. I already have multiple copies of each figure in the set. The window box and backdrop would have to be pretty amazing for me to pick this one up. :(

If these are anything like the current "new" battle packs. These won't be boxed but packed on blister card like the Republic Troopers battle pack.
By DarthEddie
YAK_Jayson wrote:
DarthEddie wrote:This might be a pass for me, then. I already have multiple copies of each figure in the set. The window box and backdrop would have to be pretty amazing for me to pick this one up. :(

If these are anything like the current "new" battle packs. These won't be boxed but packed on blister card like the Republic Troopers battle pack.

Even more reason to skip them. :(
By Paulskywalker
Am wondering from the description whether the 'new' Maul will be able to be cut in two ala POTJ Maul? So will Jinn have a Lightsabre hole in him and Kenobi a very angry face? :)
By DarthEddie
Paulskywalker wrote:Am wondering from the description whether the 'new' Maul will be able to be cut in two ala POTJ Maul? So will Jinn have a Lightsabre hole in him and Kenobi a very angry face? :)

Now...if they had THOSE features? I'd change my mind in a heartbeat. They'd be a must-have! :lol:
By AaylaSecurasMan
Here is the description on walmart's website for the Bespin BP:

Throw yourself into the "intergalactic" action with the Bespin Battle Pack! This three-pack of intense Star Wars figures includes Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett and Darth Vader figures and sweet battle accessories! When you're done with your own adventures, use the included game cards and die to play the Galactic Battle Game. The Rebel Heroes Battle Pack has everything you need to have all kinds of "interplanetary" adventure!

Star Wars Battle Packs Bespin Battle Pack:

•Get all the figures and accessories you need to re-enact awesome Star Wars adventures with this cool pack of 3 figures and accessories
•Stand the figures on their bases in your collection
•Pack includes 3 figures, 3 battle bases, 3 Galactic Battle Game cards, die and accessories

So Luke, Boba and Vader, which versions? we'll have to wait and see :o
By DarthEddie
I'm guessing that they'll recycle the Vintage Collection versions of each. Bespin Luke(VC04), Vader(VC08) and the EMPIRE version of Boba(VC09). But who knows, they might go with much older sculpts to save money.

I predict Walmart TVC rollback in January. :wink[…]

Great job on K-3PO. All these years and I never k[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

K-3PO 1.JPG K-3PO 2.JPG K-3PO (The Empire Stri[…]

Great looking stuff as usual. I have a custom t[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

http://www.yakfaceforums.com/phpBB3/download/file[…]

Ewok Love

Merry Sithmas!

Multi-packs 01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. […]

K-Marts still exist? Yikes.