Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
DarthEddie wrote:So, has anyone gotten wind of just when these Battle Packs are to hit mass retail? Online and toy/specialty shops are one thing, but given the current distribution the big box retailers are a different matter.

I take it nobody has seen any store reports of finding these? I know the packaging variant of the Republic Clone Troopers has already popped up in a few places here and there...are they supposed to ship in the same cases with the new ones?

These have started to hit a few Targets in my area (MN) so they are out there but selling through those Rebel Sets is going to keep them from getting out sooner rather than later. :?
By DarthEddie
YAK_Jayson wrote:
DarthEddie wrote:So, has anyone gotten wind of just when these Battle Packs are to hit mass retail? Online and toy/specialty shops are one thing, but given the current distribution the big box retailers are a different matter.

I take it nobody has seen any store reports of finding these? I know the packaging variant of the Republic Clone Troopers has already popped up in a few places here and there...are they supposed to ship in the same cases with the new ones?

These have started to hit a few Targets in my area (MN) so they are out there but selling through those Rebel Sets is going to keep them from getting out sooner rather than later. :?

Thanks, Jayson! I was wondering. You know how late Hasbro and the retail chains are at getting ANYTHING on shelves these days, even the controversial stuff.

Well, turns out my friend is getting the new Bespin Battle Pack with the yellow-hair Luke in his shop sometime next week. I just found out this afternoon and he told me I'm more than welcome to a set if I want it. He's supposed to be getting two of them so we'll see.
By DarthEddie
Every Battle Pack at my Target is either the Rebel Heroes turd or the Geonosis deer nugget. They even have a layer of dust on them from sitting on the shelf for so long...mostly untouched. Sad, really.
By JediMerc
Saw these sets today at a WalMart south of Dayton, OH...the Naboo BP headsculpts do look amazing and I strongly considered getting the Bespin BP, but the Vader is only so-so and I'm also an articulation freak. The Luke head sculpt is really nice when you see it in hand and the Boba Fett sculpt---from head to toe---is excellent. I just can't get past the lack of articulation AND the fact that I figure I'm only getting a great head sculpt (Luke) and a statue (Fett) for 24.96; the Vader is a useless throw-in. Just couldn't pull the trigger for headsculpts...
By DarthEddie
Picked up the Bespin Battle Pack at my friend's shop along with an extra VC97 Odd Ball and VC99 Nikto. The thing looks better in person than it does in most online photos, especially the new Boba figure. I recommend it if you can stomach the yellow-hair Luke, who himself isn't nearly as bad as some of us(myself included)have made him out to be in the past.
By DarthEddie
Still no sign of either one of these at local retail, at least in my area. Good thing my friend's shop got these early because I just don't have the desire nor patience to go looking for these things.
By YAK_Chewie
Found these at Target today just outside of St. Louis while on lunch. Bought one of each... I'm having a very bad day at work, so I figured I needed something to cheer me up.

The head sculpts are amazing on the TPM set... if they had used those heads on the TVC figures, it would have really helped sell Qui Gon and Obi Wan. Too bad Hasbro didn't go that route.

:wink:
By DarthEddie
These new Battle Packs aren't nearly as bad as some of us made them out to be...myself included. Sure, the figures have all the articulation of a Pet Rock, but once you get past the pre-posed stances and limited motion the sculpts are pretty stupendous for the most part.

I still have a few issues with the new Vader as well as Bespin Luke's sun-yellow hair and permanently cocked right elbow, but even he's not the dreadful stinker I thought he was. Overall I think they were both pretty decent investments.
By raptorbandito
Sorry to post in such an old thread, but I've been away from SW collecting for several months. I was curious, for anyone who has bought these sets, can the heads easily be swapped with TVC figures? The sculpts really are excellent when seen in person, but I would like to know if this is possible before I spend the money.
By DarthEddie
I stopped by Target and got a second Duel on Naboo Battle Pack to have the loose figures. Five measly points of articulation or not, these sculpts have really grown on me. That Ewan McGregor likeness is just awesome...no wonder Hasbro's repacking it with the 2013 MTT Droid Mini-Fighter.
Black Spire Outpost- WIP

Very inspiring! Makes me want to get back into ge[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

:lol: LOL, no 2 gammoreans already. I woul[…]

Mimban Stormtrooper

Good point, I've noticed a figure stained before t[…]

Star Wars Hot Wheels

I love this line, because I can actually collect s[…]

Community fodder box...

Sure, I'll toss a few bucks in there. Canada shi[…]

Load the Barge!

Bib Fortuna (new sculpt) Tessek (new sculpt) […]