Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By DarthEddie
I hope TRU gets them, then. They're the only chain that seems to get adequate numbers of exclusives as evidenced by all the unsold Podracer Pilots and Battle Over Endor sets that are still on many shelves across the country. If Hasbro's smart(a debatable notion these days) they'll let TRU have the Ewoks and Rebel Pilots so everybody who wants them will have a decent shot. If they're given to Walmart they might as well just leave them in a padlocked warehouse in China.
DarthEddie wrote:I hope TRU gets them, then. They're the only chain that seems to get adequate numbers of exclusives as evidenced by all the unsold Podracer Pilots and Battle Over Endor sets that are still on many shelves across the country. If Hasbro's smart(a debatable notion these days) they'll let TRU have the Ewoks and Rebel Pilots so everybody who wants them will have a decent shot. If they're given to Walmart they might as well just leave them in a padlocked warehouse in China.

Target is also very good in carrying exclusives.
By YAK_Chewie
Yeah, Target is pretty good as well... but in all fairness, I think Wal-Mart has done better so far at least this year.

The DTF stuff (other than the battle packs) have been easy to find for most people. I don't know that I'd blame Wal-Mart for those battle packs being hard to get - especially given all of Hasbro's problems lately.

Until Hasbro gives me reason to not blame them, or at least improves their PR, I lay blame on them and their all-too-often cocky attitude.

:wink:
By DarthEddie
AaylaSecurasMan wrote:
DarthEddie wrote:I hope TRU gets them, then. They're the only chain that seems to get adequate numbers of exclusives as evidenced by all the unsold Podracer Pilots and Battle Over Endor sets that are still on many shelves across the country. If Hasbro's smart(a debatable notion these days) they'll let TRU have the Ewoks and Rebel Pilots so everybody who wants them will have a decent shot. If they're given to Walmart they might as well just leave them in a padlocked warehouse in China.

Target is also very good in carrying exclusives.

Depends on the individual store, at least in my experience. Mine is very hit-or-miss, carrying some in large or acceptable quantities(Special Action Figure Sets, the Sith/Villain 2-packs) and others barely even show up.
By DarthEddie
I'm of a similar mindset, but the only one I'm interested in getting on markdown/clearance is the Naboo one. The Maul looks like he might be the best figure of all six...which admittedly doesn't say a whole lot.
By Paulskywalker
The packaging looks cool but not coll enough to make the figures look worth it.
By DarthEddie
I'll say this much for the Bespin set...the Carbon Freezing Chamber backdrop is very cool. But I'm not buying these lame figures just for a neat photographic backdrop.
By DarthEddie
I think I'm getting closer and closer to being sold on the Naboo one, but the Bespin set still stinks up the joint. The hi-res photo of the Naboo figures really reveals a lot of interesting detail on the figures in that set and I'm liking them more and more.
By drod26
Sybeck1 wrote:http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/story/hi-res-bespin-and-naboo-battle-packs

Still not getting the Bespin, but man the Naboo might make good headswap fodder.

The Naboo set is a good head fodder.. specially you get to use all 3 of the heads..

The Bespin pack, its a dragger.. but I must say I kind of like the Luke.. Very vintage looking. :D
By DarthEddie
I know that the new Darth Maul has archaic leg joints, but that head and face sculpt are really scratching me where I itch.
By DarthEddie
I'm sort of balking at a $21.96 or $24.96 pricepoint on the Naboo set as well. Fifteen bucks would be right spot on the money, because a 1995 POTF2 red carded figure that had basically the same articulation as these new ones cost just $4.99 back in the day and three would come to fifteen dollars and change after sales tax. Perfect price for what we'd be getting. Anything over that, though, starts to get problematic because all of a sudden we're paying close to Vintage Collection prices for each figure, and as much as I'm liking the awesome head sculpts they're just not worth $7.32 to $8.32 each(minus tax).
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Odrok : Great looking droids! I particularly l[…]

Got another At-act driver, jawa , shoretrooper , […]

Ewok Love

I loved the movie Battle for Endor, fond memories […]

HasLab Wish list

I'm afraid subscription figures would be at least […]

CHEWIE's customs - 2.0 - Updated 09.28.18

Pretty cool take on Beckett! 8) I think my favo[…]

Hmm I never picked up on that. Maybe he started a[…]

I hate hearing about putting dogs down. My dog is[…]

Battle of Crait 4-pk