Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By DarthEddie
I might be the only person here who's gotten the Naboo set. And will even bother getting it unless it's on steep markdown. But let me reiterate...it's nowhere near as bad as you think at first sight. But you know, whatever floats your boat. I can totally understand why some people are steering clear of it. If it weren't for the truly excellent head sculpts the 5 points of articulation would probably piss me off too. I know they did at first until I got a much closer look at the set.
By DarthEddie
Here's the picture of mine. Again, I think it has a lot of charm because of the great, unparalleled head sculpts but your mileage will vary. I know some folks think this set sucks the chrome off a brand new trailer hitch, but whereas the Bespin set still rubs me the wrong way and that Luke with the neon yellow hair is just all kinds of lame rolled into one there's something about this one I really dig. I dunno. Maybe I'm just supremely weird and a lone voice in the wilderness...who knows. :P

By DarthEddie
Not until I get my hands on a second set. I'm a MIB and MOC collector with my first copies of items unless the packaging is mangled pretty badly and unworthy of display. But with only five points of articulation each I imagine there's not much you can do with these figures. Maul can hold his double-bladed saber with only one hand. Playing around with these must be a lot like playing with some of the original '70s and '80s action figures, only these actually look just like the actors and characters.
By DarthEddie
Well, at least you're being honest. That's what matters. I appreciate the input even if I do like this set.

I think there's one thing we can all agree on. The Rebel Heroes and Geonosis Battle Packs from January would make even Stevie Wonder do a double take.

And then throw up. :D
DarthEddie wrote:Well, at least you're being honest. That's what matters. I appreciate the input even if I do like this set.

I think there's one thing we can all agree on. The Rebel Heroes and Geonosis Battle Packs from January would make even Stevie Wonder do a double take.

Oh, yes no set will ever beat those to the worst ones ever.
By DarthEddie
AaylaSecurasMan wrote:
DarthEddie wrote:Well, at least you're being honest. That's what matters. I appreciate the input even if I do like this set.

Oh, yes no set will ever beat those to the worst ones ever.

Or, as I call them on occasion, "Baffle Pukes."
By DarthEddie
So, has anyone gotten wind of just when these Battle Packs are to hit mass retail? Online and toy/specialty shops are one thing, but given the current distribution the big box retailers are a different matter.

I take it nobody has seen any store reports of finding these? I know the packaging variant of the Republic Clone Troopers has already popped up in a few places here and there...are they supposed to ship in the same cases with the new ones?
By DarthEddie
I guess if anyone wants these it's toy shops or online for 'em.

Walmarts and other stores can't even restock cheaper, Basic figures properly.
Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Of course droids is in the lead right after I fin[…]

John Morog Customs

I have another Budo and I'm thinking I might just[…]

01. GONK Droid (EG-6) (Blue Deco) 02. Arleil Schou[…]

Is Cassian's sniper rifle a custom or is that an […]

Sandcrawler

I don't collect vehicles, but I think its cool - l[…]

found a lone Bespin Han at walmart, completely ou[…]

I found a wave 3 case on the pegs, missing Aphra, […]

Target Trooper 6-pk

This should have been out for the Blu Ray release,[…]