Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Well, as Aayla just said and as I reported in the regular Movie Heroes thread I got the Wave 2 Qui-Gon Jinn with light-up lightsaber yesterday morning. A terrific figure with the best Liam Neeson likeness I've ever seen on a toy of this scale. If you can find him get him. :wink:
Same here, man. If my friend hadn't hooked me up with the Wave 2 Qui-Gon on Tuesday I wouldn't know when I'd see any of these. The Wave 1 pegs are stuffed and overflowing around here. It's obnoxious.
By the time these get to retail, the interest - especially among kids, will be diminished. I wonder if they produced these is large numbers like MH wave 1, CW wave 1, and vintage wave 1? Could cause a chaotic year for collectors if we cant get these products off the pegs - it may cork distribution for awhile...
They SHOULD have put three of these figures in Wave 1 to help improve sales and so the first wave wouldn't have sucked so horribly. Having, say, the new Anakin, Padme and Jar Jar in Wave 1 would have made everybody more excited and interested in seeing Movie Heroes on the pegs. And Hasbro could have saved the two light-up Jedi and Darth Maul for Wave 2 like they're doing now. Thus, both waves of Movie Heroes would have been successful and had completely new and original figures in each. It would have been a win-win for everybody...Hasbro, the stores, kids and collectors.

But noooooo. They had to do things THEIR way. And now there are going to be Darth Vaders and Yodas from a decade ago clogging pegs until the next presidential election. That's some real MIT-level rocket science there, Hasbro. Bravo. :lol:
You're right. That should have been the first wave for the sake making main characters from TPM available while the movie was still out. That Jar Jar would be tempting if I didn't know about the TVC version coming soon.
What's so sad is that corporate professionals with business degrees are making all these bad marketing decisions while average Joe Q. Citizen collectors(who often have little more to go on than basic common sense)come up with far superior ideas about which figures to release, when and in what numbers. I could be dead wrong, but there's a part of me that thinks if the collecting community had been in control at Hasbro last year the 2011 distribution issues wouldn't have happened. We know what we want, and in which numbers. We speak with our dollars every day and most of us are pretty savvy.
I'm not a fan of the trilingual foreign cardbacks, but congrats anyways on your score. The figures still look good. :wink: Canada and Mexico seem to get many new figures before we do. The first wave of Movie Heroes surfaced at some Mexican retail outlets as early as December, and some Canadian drug stores in the western part of the country were seen stocking Wave 2 in January and February.
Utinniii's Unique Universe Vol 2

Trying to fall asleep but had to comment first, th[…]

Utinniii - that's a prodigious output of customs -[…]

and more ross

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]