Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

darthmadonna wrote:Found the Naboo Starfighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was stuck in a corner of shopping center I had never been to when I noticed a Tuesday Morning back out of sight. We had a TM but it closed 2 years ago. Well I guess they moved and now no one knew where they were. Anyways I was just looking for deals on various crap when all the way down at the end of an aisle I could see the Star Wars logo. I figured it was going to be kid's dishes or some thing useless. I walked over and moved the boxes that were in front and celestial music trumpeted in my ears as I uttered out loud OMFG with out initials. I snatched it up and scoured the rest of the store, no more luck. Then I see the price is 14.99 with an extra 50% off!!!!

Anyways this is a great ship and nice improvements from the previous version. I was also shocked to see that it is in fact a tad bit bigger than the original version too.

Wow! Scored it for $7.50? Share a pic...!

:wink:
I was sort of hoping that the Naboo Fighter might show up as part of a special Black Friday promotion at TRU the way they offered discounted, specially-wrapped two-packs of (often rare) Clone Wars and SOTDS ships and vehicles last year at this time. I guess the discount chains are getting them instead and TRU isn't going to be offering any vehicle 2-packs next weekend.
DarthEddie wrote:I was sort of hoping that the Naboo Fighter might show up as part of a special Black Friday promotion at TRU the way they offered discounted, specially-wrapped two-packs of (often rare) Clone Wars and SOTDS ships and vehicles last year at this time. I guess the discount chains are getting them instead and TRU isn't going to be offering any vehicle 2-packs next weekend.

Yeah, I was hoping Walmart was going to do a multi pack with some of the harder to find Vintage figures(Tarkin wave for example). Yeah, that will never happen.
That, or TRU would get the Naboo Fighter as part of a shrink-wrapped discount 2-pack of vehicles like they had last year right after Thanksgiving. The 8-packs would have been more exciting because of the possibilities of the figures that might be included in the sets, but I guess they didn't sell enough of last year's to make them want more of the things for this year's Holiday shopping.

It would have been a great way to get rarer Vintage Collection figures into stores.
DarthEddie wrote:That, or TRU would get the Naboo Fighter as part of a shrink-wrapped discount 2-pack of vehicles like they had last year right after Thanksgiving. The 8-packs would have been more exciting because of the possibilities of the figures that might be included in the sets, but I guess they didn't sell enough of last year's to make them want more of the things for this year's Holiday shopping.

It would have been a great way to get rarer Vintage Collection figures into stores.

That, or Hasbro doesn't have as much of the 2012 product still looking for a home like the 2011 product they had in those 8-pks before. For the past year or so, Five Below has been picking up a lot of the product that the big box retailers didn't order, otherwise I think we would have seen more 8-pk deals this year... but not with vintage - only with Movie Heroes or Clone Wars.

The reason I say not vintage, is because the bubbles on those figures are in various widths - there's not a "standard" like with the size of the bubbles with Hasbro's other lines. Even black series has a standard bubble size. Making the "slots" for the bubbles to fit for the various TVC bubble widths would make things harder on Hasbro... and we know how much trouble Hasbro already has with so many aspects of the toy industry these days...

I also think Hasbro knows there's more demand for the remnants of their TVC line that didn't make it to retail than things like Movie Heroes and Clone Wars... even at a place like Five Below, I think they'd make more back per unit through them than in some Wal-Mart 8pks.

:wink:
Let's hope those rarer Vintage figures eventually hit some American store chain, even if it's a discount chain that doesn't exist in all 50 states. It'd be a good start.
Utinniii's Unique Universe Vol 2

Trying to fall asleep but had to comment first, th[…]

Utinniii - that's a prodigious output of customs -[…]

and more ross

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]