Image Image Image Image Image

New Speederbike with Scout Trooper

Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

New Speederbike with Scout Trooper

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:29 pm

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/exclus ... -wars.html

Nice to see... can't wait for more pics... sounds like this will be an exclusive, but I was expecting vintage style packaging...

:wink:
Rune Haako
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Re: New Break-Apart Speederbike

Postby Rune Haako » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:30 pm

What store is this an exclusive to?
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Love the:

stand
open angine compartment
cannon
attaching the cannon to speeder
figure
break aprt!
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:33 pm

I was under the impression that it would be a TRU exclusive... but don't quote me on that.

darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

Re: New Speederbike with Scout Trooper

Postby darthmadonna » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:50 pm

RS may have gotten confused in their initial scoop as images of the new Vintage AT AT have surfaced with the speeder bike that it comes with. The AT AT Bike does have corrected handles but not as nice as this bike.
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:09 pm

darthmadonna wrote:RS may have gotten confused in their initial scoop as images of the new Vintage AT AT have surfaced with the speeder bike that it comes with. The AT AT Bike does have corrected handles but not as nice as this bike.

There was already a speeder bike with corrected handles. It came out in the Saga line and came with a Clone Trooper with removable armor. I believe that is the one on the AT-AT box.
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:33 pm

I'll probably be getting just one of these, I have a couple of the old POTF2 ones which don't bother me, but hey it'stime to upgrade :lol:
Che la forza sia con voi
Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:29 am

Finally, after 30 years, we finally get a new ROTJ style speederbike. Took Hasbro long enough. I hope they'll be available internationally as well. If so, count me in for at least five!

I'm so glad they've finally ditched the "exploding" action feature and T-bar. The engine compartment is nice, the removable cannon to "customize" the bike not so. It's nothing new, either, because the old Kenner mold has a removable cannon as well.

I just really hope the steering rudders are made of hard plastic, not the bendy stuff they used on the previous variations of the Speeder Bike. Same goes for the handle bars. They look just fine in the picture, but let's hope they're rigid too.

Will the Scout have ball jointed hips, so he can sit properly on his bike?

Quite excited, because a Speeder Bike overhaul's been way overdue.
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
Sybeck1
Droid

Postby Sybeck1 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 am

YAK_Chewie wrote:I was under the impression that it would be a TRU exclusive... but don't quote me on that.

This appears to be Movie Heroes packaging. Maybe this will be a wide release and the vintage box one will be a short run for TRU.
The Menace on the pegs is no Phantom!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:34 am

Sybeck1 wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:I was under the impression that it would be a TRU exclusive... but don't quote me on that.

This appears to be Movie Heroes packaging. Maybe this will be a wide release and the vintage box one will be a short run for TRU.

Agreed - a new speederbike should be widespread release.

Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:35 am

New speeder bike? 'Bout damn time I'd say. Looooong overdue. This is a pick-it-up-the-minute-I-see-it for me
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:38 am

YAK_Jayson wrote:
darthmadonna wrote:RS may have gotten confused in their initial scoop as images of the new Vintage AT AT have surfaced with the speeder bike that it comes with. The AT AT Bike does have corrected handles but not as nice as this bike.

There was already a speeder bike with corrected handles. It came out in the Saga line and came with a Clone Trooper with removable armor. I believe that is the one on the AT-AT box.

Plus the SSG image of the actual new speeder bike will have made the rounds in the RS forum and the admin there will have seen it, just being RS they don't want to report someone elses news and so are waiting for their own picture. But mistaking the one on the AT AT box as the new one meant they could talk about it without involving anyone else; but they made a mistake and look foolish.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:44 am

When was the last time that RS actually did report news from a different site? The only person I ever recall doing it from time to time over there was Curto.

YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:31 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:When was the last time that RS actually did report news from a different site? The only person I ever recall doing it from time to time over there was Curto.

It is against their "policy" - logic being that you don't see CNN reporting what foxnews finds. Whatever, we are talking about toys, not the fate of the Afghan people or something that matters in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway... back to that all-new speeder bike and not the old one on the box of the Endor AT-AT :wink:
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:25 pm

I'm getting excited about some of this stuff coming this fall. Oh wait, that's about the time when my area will finally get the Deleted Scenes figures I guess. Damn!
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?

Return to “Movie Heroes/Discover the Force (2012)/Saga Legends (2013)”