Image Image Image Image Image

New Speederbike with Scout Trooper

Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Re: New Speederbike with Scout Trooper

Postby Raylen » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm

the bad paint apps are the problem. sloppy for one and the black on the shoulders sticks out like a sore thumb.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:17 am

I guess I haven't noticed the paint job problems on this figure.

:wink:
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am

Even without a comparison against previous scouts, the paints apps don't look good.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:13 am

Both of mine actually look ok. I'll compare them to the others over Christmas break.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Bought two more of these today with the TRU BOGO 50% off sale.

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Just looking at pics of this and thought, this is set is all that is wrong with Hasbro. Everything but basic figures are exclusives these days and to me not good practice as exclusives don't reach the full potential customer base. Yes it may seem your getting more money each unit sold for a small exclusive production run, but something like this that all fans around the world wnated should have been mass retail, yes it would have been cheaper but would have sold far more units making more money. Instead lots of disappointed worldwide SW fans who can't get it. Look at the new AT ST sculpt, each time it's been released it sold out as an exclusive, so why not have made it a mass retail instead of the crap that sits.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:49 pm

I also think the speederbike is a good candidate for the mass retail deluxe line, but to my surprise it's starting to collect dust at all the TRU stores around here. I did my part and bought a few, but it's really not moving. I guess $22 or whatever is the issue. When you look at it, it seems like a $15 toy.

As for the AT-ST, this may be isolated to my area, but the Wal-Mart exclusive version and K-Mart version both hit clearance. I saw at least 25 of the Wal-Mart Legacy version marked down to $20 at various stores... bought 2 at that price, because I had bought 2 at full price... and the TVC one, I bought on clearance for $15 (didn't want to pay full price because I already had so many of this sculpt).

Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:38 am

Paulskywalker wrote:Just looking at pics of this and thought, this is set is all that is wrong with Hasbro. Everything but basic figures are exclusives these days and to me not good practice as exclusives don't reach the full potential customer base. Yes it may seem your getting more money each unit sold for a small exclusive production run, but something like this that all fans around the world wnated should have been mass retail, yes it would have been cheaper but would have sold far more units making more money. Instead lots of disappointed worldwide SW fans who can't get it. Look at the new AT ST sculpt, each time it's been released it sold out as an exclusive, so why not have made it a mass retail instead of the crap that sits.

I agree 100%. Hasbro teased us for a while and then they bring it out as an exclusive in one country. This is one big gaping hole in my collection and I'm really ticked at Hasbro for not releasing this worldwide.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:08 am

It wasn't a worldwide release? I didn't know that. That's just dumb.

Trooper31... if you want me to help you out with these please let me know...

Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Fri May 31, 2013 3:08 pm

too bad this version was not put in with the TRU Endor AT-AT

what a waste of that tooling budget
99%
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri May 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Yeah making one of those very expensive moulds we were often told about and then go and make it a limited USA exclusive; such geniuses..
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..

Return to “Movie Heroes/Discover the Force (2012)/Saga Legends (2013)”