Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Raylen
the bad paint apps are the problem. sloppy for one and the black on the shoulders sticks out like a sore thumb.
Just looking at pics of this and thought, this is set is all that is wrong with Hasbro. Everything but basic figures are exclusives these days and to me not good practice as exclusives don't reach the full potential customer base. Yes it may seem your getting more money each unit sold for a small exclusive production run, but something like this that all fans around the world wnated should have been mass retail, yes it would have been cheaper but would have sold far more units making more money. Instead lots of disappointed worldwide SW fans who can't get it. Look at the new AT ST sculpt, each time it's been released it sold out as an exclusive, so why not have made it a mass retail instead of the crap that sits.
By YAK_Chewie
I also think the speederbike is a good candidate for the mass retail deluxe line, but to my surprise it's starting to collect dust at all the TRU stores around here. I did my part and bought a few, but it's really not moving. I guess $22 or whatever is the issue. When you look at it, it seems like a $15 toy.

As for the AT-ST, this may be isolated to my area, but the Wal-Mart exclusive version and K-Mart version both hit clearance. I saw at least 25 of the Wal-Mart Legacy version marked down to $20 at various stores... bought 2 at that price, because I had bought 2 at full price... and the TVC one, I bought on clearance for $15 (didn't want to pay full price because I already had so many of this sculpt).

:wink:
By Trooper31
Paulskywalker wrote:Just looking at pics of this and thought, this is set is all that is wrong with Hasbro. Everything but basic figures are exclusives these days and to me not good practice as exclusives don't reach the full potential customer base. Yes it may seem your getting more money each unit sold for a small exclusive production run, but something like this that all fans around the world wnated should have been mass retail, yes it would have been cheaper but would have sold far more units making more money. Instead lots of disappointed worldwide SW fans who can't get it. Look at the new AT ST sculpt, each time it's been released it sold out as an exclusive, so why not have made it a mass retail instead of the crap that sits.

I agree 100%. Hasbro teased us for a while and then they bring it out as an exclusive in one country. This is one big gaping hole in my collection and I'm really ticked at Hasbro for not releasing this worldwide.
Yeah making one of those very expensive moulds we were often told about and then go and make it a limited USA exclusive; such geniuses..
Walmart and TVC

I knew Walmart inflated some prices on their websi[…]

John Morog Customs - GNK-O

Well, that's strange, I saw that Mudtrooper office[…]

Hasbro's should have come with two heads... one wi[…]

HasLab Wish list

$30 would be a hard sell for most collectors in my[…]

I'm glad I at least caught episode 1 in 3D.

AT-ACT

Kind of makes me feel foolish for buying it right […]

Unfortunately haha, it's always a weird run around[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Winding down on my droid factory for the holidays.[…]