Image Image Image Image Image

2013 Class II Vehicles

Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Thoughts on the 2013 Class I Vehicles

Sizing down a bit to get to a $20 price range is a good move, and I'm on board
14%
Sizing down a bit to get to a $20 price range is a good move, but I'm not interested
14%
Sizing down a bit is not a good idea, and I'm not interested
71%
Don't know, don't care
No votes

Total votes: 14
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Re: 2013 Class II Vehicles

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Yeah i think Hasbro took a wrong move with these and it's already showing.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Well they seem to be selling better than the Movie Heroes vehicles from TPM... but anything's better than Podracers!

:wink:
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:40 pm

I've not really noticed any movement here. Maybe Argos have sold some as they keep reducing them to 9.99, but can't tell with it being a catalogue shop. To be honest the only thing i've seen move at general retail is the last wave of CWs figures and the Vintage; really telling especially the CWs moving. :roll:
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:42 am

in central Iowa, it looks like only the Slave 1 and the tank are slowly selling

the JSF is collecting dust

what a shame Hasbro didn't paint the tank and the JSF in some new colors
I think a few more of us might have given this new line a try
99%
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:41 pm

The Slave One has actually sold really well around here.

The other two, not so much. I kind of like the tank though. I bought two.

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 pm

I just wonder how many kids opened the Slave 1 and were disappointed?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Good question... I imagine quite a few liked it, others not so much.

zedhatch

Postby zedhatch » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:Yeah i think Hasbro took a wrong move with these and it's already showing.

Said it before and I will say it again, cut backs in quality never work out right for the company doing it.
Updated Mon-Fri every week
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Too true Zed!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed May 01, 2013 1:30 pm

zedhatch wrote:Said it before and I will say it again, cut backs in quality never work out right for the company doing it.

It's going to be interesting to see how the $6 Star Wars line ends up doing. It's a cut in quality for sure, but figures are going to be nearly half the price as they have been the past couple years... I'm guessing Hasbro's going to have to make some fast decisions for the EP7 line based on how this move works out.

AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Wed May 01, 2013 4:27 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:
zedhatch wrote:Said it before and I will say it again, cut backs in quality never work out right for the company doing it.

It's going to be interesting to see how the $6 Star Wars line ends up doing. It's a cut in quality for sure, but figures are going to be nearly half the price as they have been the past couple years... I'm guessing Hasbro's going to have to make some fast decisions for the EP7 line based on how this move works out.

I am afraid that the Ep VII figures will be offered in the under articulated $6 only.
Che la forza sia con voi
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed May 01, 2013 4:33 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:

Will they be any cheaper though?
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed May 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Paulskywalker wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:

Will they be any cheaper though?

Will what be any cheaper? The Movie Heroes are going down from $10 US to $6 US starting with the new line hitting this Fall.

Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu May 02, 2013 5:07 pm

But as Hasbro so often likes to remind us 'they have no control over retail prices', so even though they say they'll be cheaper; will they? The cheap looking Spiderman figures are £8.99 here and the Iron Man 3 figures only available are the Assemblers and their £8.99 and cheap looking. When it comes to the price will have to wait and see. As for Hasbro 'we don't control prices at retail', i've never believed that.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed May 08, 2013 11:27 am

Well, the Iron Man 3 figures are about $4 cheaper here than the Iron Man 2 figures were.

Return to “Movie Heroes/Discover the Force (2012)/Saga Legends (2013)”