Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Thoughts on the 2013 Class I Vehicles

Sizing down a bit to get to a $20 price range is a good move, and I'm on board
14%
Sizing down a bit to get to a $20 price range is a good move, but I'm not interested
14%
Sizing down a bit is not a good idea, and I'm not interested
71%
Don't know, don't care
No votes
0%
By Paulskywalker
Yeah these are flying off the shelves here, not!
By Paulskywalker
Oh i can't hold it in anymore TOLD YOU SO! Next one will be when everyone realises Legends is SH*T!
By UKHistory
They are not worth it. Make a ubiquitore (sp) speeder; put some type of missile launch in it and pack it with a clone wars anakin or something.

It is hard for Hasbro to understand there are vehicles and figures to make that will sell and those are predominantly part of the original trilogy.

Novel minirigs like a a one person jawa sandcrawler type vehicle. We don't even see the originality of the 1995 deluxe figures that saw the desert sport skiff or the crowd control stormtrooper.
By Trooper31
I'm not sure how Hasbro will interpret their Class II vehicles get clearanced out. I for one, am really bored of the same Jedi starfighters and Jango's ship. I saw that the newest wave has basically the same stuff they've had all year.

If they would have gone with some OT ships I would have been all over the smaller line because I'd actually be able to afford and have space for an X-Wing Squadron. However, these constant rehash of the PT from Hasbro has really made me dislike the PT more and more everyday.
By YAK_Chewie
I sort of understand why they thought they should make Jedi Starfighters again for the smaller scale because they anticipated some sort of movie presence and some new kids getting into the line over the last year.

But it would have made more sense in my eyes to make some more NEW items from AOTC and ROTS instead (like a Neimoidian Shuttle) and if they had to, release the older molds as exclusives or something with a new droid mold for the droid socket.

The Jedi Starfighter overkill has to be on its last leg now. Or at least I pray it is. I am fine if we never see Hasbro put out another Jedi Starfighter ever again.

I have a feeling that for 2014-2015, Hasbro has got to be looking at Rebels and OT style vehicles before the EP7 push. Here's some older mockups of what I had wished had been in the 2013 SDCC presentation... sigh.

:wink:
By Trooper31
Any of your ideas would really spice up the line. I know it costs money to make something new, but at some point the same old, same old becomes so stale, people will stop looking at the line.

I'm not surprised that they had stuff planned for the films, but they should then also have stuff planned for the OT. I know they will reveal some new stuff at TF, but a tease hear or there would keep our interest going.

I swear, I'll scream if the first wave of Class II vehicles for 2014 is all PT garbage that they've been trying unsuccessfully to shoove down our throats the past few years.
By Paulskywalker
We often hear cost from Hasbro. But Hasbro, look at it this way invest in something new and make a lot of money or keep with the same old same old and make a lil money.

I had a convo the other day on RS and it was the usual defending Hasbro, everythings rosey and 5POA, downsizing is working etc. And the best that greed and profit are what makes business run. Profit yes, but there does not have to be greed and this is why their not investing as much in new vehicles and stuff as greed is on their mind. But having said this where is the logic investing money shrinking existing vehicles.
By YAK_Chewie
Yeah, I have noticed some individuals who will defend Hasbro to no end... I don't get that. At the same time though, I don't think it's fair to bash them nonstop either. I believe we should support and praise them when we can, but also be critical when they deserve it.

On any note, I saw the blue Kenobi Starfighter at Toys"R"us today.

I think if they had made the bodies on the astromechs stationary and properly scaled, with interchangeable domes, I would not mind the smaller scale and would have bought all of these. Not doing that is the sort of thing that really frustrates me with Hasbro. They cause a lof of their own problems!

By Paulskywalker
Yay more Jedi starfighters!

Another one Hasbro fans say is if 5POA work then they'll invest it in new stuff including S/A 3 3/4 inch, will they? Who is to say any profit will going into collector orientated stuff if 5POA is so great?
By Trooper31
I think Hasbro has said with 5 POA in the kids line, they then have more money in the tooling budget for the TBS line. Whether they go that way or not is another question.

As for the next wave (wave 3??) of the Class II line. Yippee, more unwanted Jedi starfighters to clog the shelves and keep something more interesing from making to shelves.

I really hope that we some som OT ships in the next wave (besides the Jango ship repainted for Boba).
By The Professor
YAK_Chewie wrote:Yeah, I have noticed some individuals who will defend Hasbro to no end... I don't get that. At the same time though, I don't think it's fair to bash them nonstop either. I believe we should support and praise them when we can, but also be critical when they deserve it.

On any note, I saw the blue Kenobi Starfighter at Toys"R"us today.

I think if they had made the bodies on the astromechs stationary and properly scaled, with interchangeable domes, I would not mind the smaller scale and would have bought all of these. Not doing that is the sort of thing that really frustrates me with Hasbro. They cause a lof of their own problems!

If I were to pick any of these up, that would be the one. I missed the blue one years ago, and now it's incredibly expensive on eBay. But, I'll probably pass...

They look pretty cool! Maybe we'll get a (re-relea[…]

Found these two FINALLY today! Sent one off to YAK[…]

Top-notch work here, Elias!

Walmart and TVC

Jodo do you know if those stores made space for T[…]

Darth Daddy is still on break so I have been doing[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Rouge One is the call sign for this band of (mostl[…]

Community fodder box...

I guess the best way would be to add in a few $$$ […]

Utinniii's Feedback

Just had a great trade with Utinniii . He's very[…]