Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By DarthEddie
I just had a thought: shouldn't we be discussing the merits and drawbacks of new 2013 carded figures by now and not a few small vehicles with pack-ins? Say what you want about the 2012 Episode I 3-D blizzard but at least we had lots of basic figures to talk about a year ago at this exact same time.

Who knows when the first new carded figures of this year will hit (and I don't count the "Greatest Hits" case assortments of Vintage) ? This is quite the unimpressive start to the new collecting year.
I believe that they probably are done. The 12" line will continue after the fall reset with the Darth Vader and Episode III Obi-Wan figures but that's six months away give or take (plus almost nobody seems to care about them). Until then pretty much everything is going to depend on when the "Greatest Hits" assortments of Vintage finally hit and how long they remain in retail circulation.

This might the the slowest period in Star Wars retail in 10 years.
DarthEddie wrote:
This might the the slowest period in Star Wars retail in 10 years.

more than 10 years, I have been consistently buying figures, ships, a couple of playsets since fall 1995. This will be the first time since, I will not have to run to the toy department to see what they have. Heck I do not have to go out of my way on toy runs anymore either. The scary part is I may get used to this.
It's been about 10 years for me. The first seven months of 2003 were a dead zone in my area with nothing - and I mean nothing - but hordes of 2002 Saga/AOTC pegwarmers and assorted collectibles from the Episode II avalanche that nobody seemed to want. It wasn't until after Independence Day that year that I found the very first 2003 basic action figures, and one of those was a variant and repaint of a 2002 figure(the red Battle Droid) that wasn't released until the next year.
Is that the recent Vintage Collection-boxed AT-AP in the back or an older one with different paint apps?
DarthEddie wrote:Is that the recent Vintage Collection-boxed AT-AP in the back or an older one with different paint apps?

It is the Vintage Collection AT-AP., one of the AT-RT's is the CW with Kashyykk deco and the secon one (in the right) it is a CW one that came painted with maroon accents and the "bacon" looking scout but I re-painted to a Kashyyk deco.
I like the Wookiee Commando or Heavy Gunner in the back (the light brown one). It's an underappreciated figure from the hard-to-find last wave of the Episode III line and I've always liked him for his size and unique paint apps.
DarthEddie wrote:I like the Wookiee Commando or Heavy Gunner in the back (the light brown one). It's an underappreciated figure from the hard-to-find last wave of the Episode III line and I've always liked him for his size and unique paint apps.

And the fact that we haven't gotten any Wookies since then save for Chewie, we need more Wookies! :?
Last edited by AaylaSecurasMan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DarthEddie
Agreed, even if they just resculpt Senator Yarua from Episode I to give him more joints and articulation it'd be better than nothing.

Won't happen....but it'd be nice if a new Yarua, Tarfful or Chewie hit pegs in the near future. At this rate I don't think we'll see a new 3.75" Wookiee until the Vintage Collection returns and we finally get a TVC Chewbacca.

Who knows, if the upcoming Saga Legends relaunch is successful perhaps Hasbro will give us an excellent looking Chewie with only five joints.
Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

"That's a lot of Pork :lol:

R2-SNE4 "Sunny" "Sunny" is t[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Rebel Alliance droids of Flare Base (group one) […]

Wow! The detail work on LL-3PO is fantastic. I re[…]

Man, that Jawa Scout Crawler is a great looking ve[…]

Whoa. That's really nice stuff. :wink:

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Definite Buy: Beckett and Val Probable Buy: L3 a[…]

Community fodder box...

I messaged you my address man! And thank you every[…]