Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Which of the new Deluxes is "the best" of the bunch?

MTT Droid Fighter
40%
501st Legion AT-RT
No votes
0%
501st Legion Attack Dropship
20%
Yoda's Jedi Attack Fighter
40%
I haven't been able to pull the trigger on any of these yet - seen them several times now at TRU. They get in a case, it sells through, then they put out another case the next week.

Maybe I'll get the MTT set eventually, but I just can't pull the trigger. I think it's the horrid Obi Wan in that set that's turning me away.

I also keep seeing the AT-RT driver has some yellowing already going on - kind of like the Scuba Clone from a deluxe set last year... guess Hasbro decided to go cheap and use some crummy plastic?

The attack dropship would be a lot cooler if it came with a clone using the VC #45 body - but they didnt' do that, so I'm not touching this set.

The Yoda set to me is the worst of the bunch. His face is pathetic, the Super Battle Droid is a horrible mold, and the actual ship is just goofy looking to me. It's way too cartoony and childish for me to buy.

I guess I'm not the market for these sets, and that's fine. Though I might still cave in an get the MTT set at some point. It's kind of cool - just not $25 cool after tax. What I think this line needs desperately is a surprise OT set here and there - at least 25% of these should be OT, if not 50%.

:wink:
Attachments
deluxe011813.JPG
deluxe011813.JPG (186.59 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
I agree - at first, I kind of thought these looked cool when we found out they'd have 2 figures in each set, but I just can't justify it. The only new molds here are the MTT and Yoda set - I'll probably still get the MTT set but just don't have any urgency to get it.

Vintage-esque mini rigs in old school packaging though - now who wouldn't be interested in that?

Maybe, just maybe, in 2014 we'll see some cool stuff like this... for real Hasbro, come on!

ANH
Escape Pod - repack it and retool the interior with a B.A.D. mold C-3PO & B.A.D. R2-D2
Cantina Bar - all new with distillery and a repacked (or new) Wuher
Imperial Command Console - all new, with a repacked Imperial Navy Commander (gray fatigues)

ESB
Taun Taun - repack it with a retooled Hoth Rebel Trooper
Probot - new mold, with repacked Snowtrooper
Wampa - new mold, with repacked Hoth Luke

ROTJ
Droid Toruture Rack - new, with new 8D-8 and repacked Gamorrean Guard
Speederbike - repack it with Biker Scout and retooled TVC Luke Skywalker
Emperor's Throne - a simple chair with a new Emperor mold and repacked TVC Royal Guard

^ Those are some very easy sells Hasbro... do it. For $20.00 - $25.00 a pop, I think most of us could stomach that.

I think these are getting a pretty hard rap, to me these are the best offering this year so far. I think they have that mini-rig vibe but with the bonus of two figures. I do feel the Yoda Figther is taking the knock hardest, i think it's quite cool for it's novelty factor and the fact that small aliens need vehicles too; they can't able be human sized vehicles in the universe. Plus i did plan out years ago a photo sketch i didn't do in the end about Yoda, Nace and Jedi starfighters. Anyway like it, the MTT Fighter, the other two and the concept. I've just not got them yet, one because i've only seen them once and i didn't have the money at the time, but when they're more available i'll be happy to get them all. Heck maybe the only new things we get this year. :lol:
Paulskywalker wrote:I think these are getting a pretty hard rap, to me these are the best offering this year so far.

...or the "only" offering this year so far. :)

Paulskywalker wrote:I think they have that mini-rig vibe but with the bonus of two figures. I do feel the Yoda Figther is taking the knock hardest, i think it's quite cool for it's novelty factor and the fact that small aliens need vehicles too; they can't able be human sized vehicles in the universe. Plus i did plan out years ago a photo sketch i didn't do in the end about Yoda, Nace and Jedi starfighters. Anyway like it, the MTT Fighter, the other two and the concept. I've just not got them yet, one because i've only seen them once and i didn't have the money at the time, but when they're more available i'll be happy to get them all. Heck maybe the only new things we get this year. :lol:

I think the sculpt on the Yoda ship looks like it's part of a Galactic Hero line. A little more detail, some weathering, etc. would spice it up just fine.

Kind of like the AT-RT - it just looks too childish with that paint job. It would look more in line with a couple of Galactic Heroes figures with it in my opinion.

Just my two cents. I've never been a big fan of the animated style to begin with, and am relieved to see Hasbro leaning away from it these days. Hasbro doesn't seem capable of managing multiple lines and I'd rather see a focus on the realistic style.

I'd like to see someone do a bit of a dirty deco on the fighter, be interesting to see. I like the CWs AT RT for what it is, but i would like to see a new realistic one. Luckily it was the only vehicle that got a animated sculpt, bit odd that it did at the same time.
I voted for the MTT set but I really do like them all
the Battle Droid with the blue deco that comes with the set I like very much
I put it on my ROTS shelf since that's the movie the most of them were in, while Obi Wan ended up in the drawer

the AT-RT set has the excellent repaint of the TX droid, but yeah, the deco on the vehicle looks kinda lousy
the clone repaint is one I'm happy to have

the Yoda JSF is something I like a lot too, mostly because of the BAD dome
the figures in the set are not the best, but being a fan of Yoda, I had to have it

the 501 Dropship is my least favorite
the included pilot barely fits, and I have more than enough red Battle Droids
Since I couldn't find the red version of the dropship, I'll probably pick up the newest version. I don't like the 501 on the side, but I can live with it.

I think the ships are fresh and all, but like Chewie said, we need some OT love in this line. I really hope at some point, we'll get some cool OT ships in this line before Hasbro cancels it.
John Morog Customs

Realized there were some customs that I hadn't pos[…]

01. Imperial/Death Star Gunner 02. Death Star Droi[…]

Yeah, I just joined that group...Did you see all […]

The dioramas for my own PN were always one of my f[…]

01. Uncle Owen 02. Aunt Beru 03. Brea Tonnika 04.[…]

Choose 2 from the following 5 to fill out #s 8-10 […]

Winners of this week’s Top Ten are: 01. Cin Drall[…]

Help decide the last 5 spots in Yak's Top Ten: The[…]