Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Check out these 2 new battle packs that completely flew in under the radar.

Pack 1: Sephjet Josall, Sarrissa Jeng, Roan Shryne and Clone Commander Ponds

Pack 2: Que-Mars Redath, Khaat Qiyn, Selig Kenjenn and Clone Captain Deviss
Err guys i think in my despair with Hasbro my dreams have started leaking out..... Can anyone else see cool pics of proper BPs containing non core character new articulated figures???
Looks like more AOTC 3D merchandise. I think they both look pretty decent. Many of us have been asking for Sarrissa Jeng, so that's a plus. I'm all for more arena Jedi - some of these I have no memory of though. These sets will be good finishers for that movie / scene, when it comes to background Jedi. Shame they didn't use the TVC clone mold though.

**I forgot to mention, Khaat Qiyn looks more like Sar Labooda, I wonder if Hasbro made a mistake with the name?
These are a nice addition to the Fall 2013 lineup (at least I assume that's when these will be released).

The Good - new Jedi, and what appears to be a smidge of some new body sculpting here and there

The Bad - most of the faces look poorly sculpted to me, and the clones are outdated now

I can't say that I think these are overly impressive packs by any stretch of the imagination. I wish there was a funky alien in each set... now that would get me excited. I wonder what the price is going to be on these/if they are retail exclusives? I assume they are exclusives and will be available at Toys"R"us for around $39.99 each.

Question... is it just me or does Yodasnews have way too many scripts going on with their page? I tried looking at these pics from home and from my tablet on their site, and it froze up my home PC and the tablet had issues too. I even had to restart my home PC. And at work, their site nearly crashed my PC here too. It's been this way for months now for me with their website, which is a shame.

:wink:
AaylaSecurasMan wrote:These 2 sets look great, I'll get them both.

Same here.
Paulskywalker wrote:Err guys i think in my despair with Hasbro my dreams have started leaking out..... Can anyone else see cool pics of proper BPs containing non core character new articulated figures???

You said it. It would have been a dream come true for me if comic packs returned, but yeah, I saw THIS and could swear I was hallucinating.
darth_sidious wrote:Looks like more AOTC 3D merchandise. I think they both look pretty decent. Many of us have been asking for Sarrissa Jeng, so that's a plus. I'm all for more arena Jedi - some of these I have no memory of though. These sets will be good finishers for that movie / scene, when it comes to background Jedi. Shame they didn't use the TVC clone mold though.
**I forgot to mention, Khaat Qiyn looks more like Sar Labooda, I wonder if Hasbro made a mistake with the name?

I saw that and thought the same thing. It's been repainted enough you would think that was the "go to" sculpt by now. :(
Grimace wrote:I shocked and happy that there are no Obi Wan or Anakin figures in these sets
I guess you could say I'm shappy about it

Amen to that, brother. Amen. 8)
Although I think Chewie is right, because of that lineup, I'm thinking its an exclusive too.
Jedighost009 wrote:I sure would like to see a lot more surprise announcements like this at CEII.

Totally... and while I don't expect to see much more, I kind of WAS expecting something like these sets to be shown at CEII... because Toys"R"us almost always has some sort of exclusive battle packs... I thought the Ewok/Pilot sets did good enough to warrant them wanting to continue to make more sets for this Fall.

Now... what we need is another retailer to buy into stuff like this too... Target?

YAK_Chewie wrote:Question... is it just me or does Yodasnews have way too many scripts going on with their page? I tried looking at these pics from home and from my tablet on their site, and it froze up my home PC and the tablet had issues too. I even had to restart my home PC. And at work, their site nearly crashed my PC here too. It's been this way for months now for me with their website, which is a shame.

I think its because they force the browser to resize the images for the thumbnails instead of generating small preview pics. The more high res images on their page, the longer the load time.
This just seems like previously planned merchandise that needed to be produced just to get some return on the investment for EpII...that being said, it's still nice to get BP's without the same core rehashed character (like PaulSkywalker stated earlier in this thread).

I'll need to see them up close, but I can see myself picking up one of each for customs fodder, at least...
YAK_Chewie wrote:
Now... what we need is another retailer to buy into stuff like this too... Target?

That would be great. They always seem to buy enough quantities on their exclusives. Last years exclusives weren't all that fantastic, IMO. They should get something to WOW the fans again. To me, the last great exclusive they had was the Imperial Shuttle. 8)
Not that they have to go big, just different like these Jedi packs. The Tsui Choi & BARC Trooper was really cool too. I never thought we would get Choi. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Target gets these since they had those Arena 2-pks before.
TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

Dont' want to be "that" guy, but there h[…]

Yakfinities #74 - Vote Now

4-way tie now. Lol :wink: Boo! First vote s[…]

Ewok Love

Logray also made it to TVC.

DarthSinister's Customs

Damn. That dude is awesome. Very impressive! :[…]

Arden Lyn p63 / Index p1

Looks good. I always find it interesting how you a[…]

Community fodder box...

I cant remember if we talked about it for this rou[…]