Image Image Image Image Image

Battle of Geonosis: Jedi Knights Battle Packs

Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

The Professor
Forum Admin

Re: Battle of Geonosis: Jedi Knights Battle Packs

Postby The Professor » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Nice sets. I, too, am surprised (but not at all troubled) by the lack of main characters. I recognized some of the Jedi after checking Wookieepedia, but I would have never known about some of them otherwise.
Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:49 pm

YAK_Jayson wrote:
YAK_Chewie wrote:Question... is it just me or does Yodasnews have way too many scripts going on with their page? I tried looking at these pics from home and from my tablet on their site, and it froze up my home PC and the tablet had issues too. I even had to restart my home PC. And at work, their site nearly crashed my PC here too. It's been this way for months now for me with their website, which is a shame.

:wink:

I think its because they force the browser to resize the images for the thumbnails instead of generating small preview pics. The more high res images on their page, the longer the load time.

Ah - yeah. That makes sense. It keeps me from being able to visit their site as often as I'd like.

darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Selig Kenjenn = Leland Chee. Must be nice to be an LFL employee. ;)

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Man, that head sculpt looks hideous... they just don't seem to do well with Asian looking sculpts... that's unfortunate.

jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 am

these sets both look great to me. i love jedi and especially the lesser known backround charecters. while these all look to be redone current jedi bodies with a bit of retooling, aside from the female, but im still super excited for both of these bp's, i'll most likley get two of each set....the head sculpte do look a bit on the rough side, hopefully they will do a bit of touching up on the final products.

as mentioned in earlier posts it would be great to see a few more surprise products like this pop up...
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:33 pm

are we certain that the clones in these sets are not the TVC version?

I just mean sometimes Hasbro shows one thing but ends up using a different mold for the final product
99%
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:01 am

Well lets hope that is the case here, especially since green and blue were on basic card it would kind of make sense.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:10 pm

im super glad to see these are hitting shelves soon. i really like all the new jedi,,,new sculpts and remoded....i personally prefer the EE clone bodies...they are bulkier as a being cloned from a stocky well muscled bounty hunter should be, TVC clone are fine and they have nice articulation but they are far to skinny and twirpy looking to me....

i'll get atleast one of each set, more likley ywo of each. :D
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:20 pm

I dunno, the latest pics really are a letdown for me personally. Virtually all of the headsculpts look bad to me and I'm not a fan of those clones...

I think each set would have been better served to drop the clone, and drop a Jedi... include an Orray in each set with a Geonosian!!!

If anything, I'll get 1-2 of the first set, and 1 of the second set... mostly for custom parts.

AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Scored both sets today from my local TRU. $33.99 each after the 15% off coupon. UPC #'s 653569910152
Attachments
GeoSets.JPG
GeoSets.JPG (163.06 KiB) Viewed 1835 times
Last edited by AaylaSecurasMan on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Che la forza sia con voi
mister_palpatine
Midi-Chlorian

Postby mister_palpatine » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:53 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:I dunno, the latest pics really are a letdown for me personally. Virtually all of the headsculpts look bad to me and I'm not a fan of those clones...

I think each set would have been better served to drop the clone, and drop a Jedi... include an Orray in each set with a Geonosian!!!

I would love to see an Orray with Geonosian, but I'm glad that it wasn't included in these sets. I would rather see it released with the cart in a larger format or by itself in a deluxe-type package.

I really like the current sets as-is, but I was bored by the Arena 2-pks back in 2010. I suppose when the basic figure line is comprised solely of repaints and minor updates, the boring background characters become a lot more appealing.

AaylaSecurasMan wrote:Scored both sets today from my local TRU. $33.99 each after the 15% off coupon.

Nice to know that these are hitting. The price is seems steep, but from what I recall it's right in line with the Endor Pilot sets after TRU's repeated price hikes.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Nice to see these are hitting now. I will certainly be taking a close look at these in the stores... how are the Weequay's eyes?

CaptainYoda
Midi-Chlorian

Postby CaptainYoda » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:39 pm

So, $40 a piece with out the coupon. That is kind of steep for 4 repaints. I may just pick one set for now.
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:19 pm

CaptainYoda wrote:So, $40 a piece with out the coupon. That is kind of steep for 4 repaints. I may just pick one set for now.

Repaints? Not the Jedi's, they are all new characters.
Che la forza sia con voi
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:23 pm

I'm looking forward to getting these
99%

Return to “Movie Heroes/Discover the Force (2012)/Saga Legends (2013)”