Non-Vintage and non-Clone Wars products featuring the Darth Maul, Yoda and Vader packaging design

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Sarrissa is the only Jedi that sports a (mostly) new body from what I can tell, so I understand why some people think the price is a bit too high for what you're getting. I would agree - at $10 a figure, these should be closer to TVC / TBS quality, right? The clones should be based on the more recent sculpt, and the Jedi should have more new / unique (to the character) parts.

I also don't think Hasbro should be in the business of creating characters, when so many already exist in the movies. Its hypocritical of both Hasbro and LFL to approve a figure of an LFL or Hasbro employees likeness, while denying other characters from ever being produced.
YAK_Chewie wrote:
AaylaSecurasMan wrote:
CaptainYoda wrote:So, $40 a piece with out the coupon. That is kind of steep for 4 repaints. I may just pick one set for now.

Repaints? Not the Jedi's, they are all new characters.

Mostly reused parts from previous Jedi though - right? Looks that way...

:wink:

Yep, but not straight repaints, for me they are new characters :D
From my part sourcing last night:

Roan Shryne - TAC Mace arms/torso/skirt
Sarrissa Jeng - new arms, head, torso (adi gallia legs)
Sephjet Josall - TAC Jedi Legacy Luke (w/new head and skirt/tabards)

Selig Kenjenn - Fi-Ek Sirch (w/new head and skirt/tabards)
Que-mars Redath - Tarados Gon (new head and skirt/tabards)
Khaat Qiyn - TLC Stass Allie (w/new head)
I saw these yesterday at TRU... they looked better in person than I expected... I bought the set that comes with the bald guy and other chick. I gave the clone to my son, and the Roan Shyre figure's head is hideous... going to have to do something about that... I really like the other two Jedi though.

As for the set with the Weequay, I'm probably going to pass. $80 is a lot to spend on both of these sets when I only like 3-4 figures total. I'd rather spend the money on the Kmart exclusives. Those are so much better than these.

I was out for dinner tonight and figured I'd stop at TRU - they had a case of these on the shelves. Lots of sloppy paintjobs - a number of the neck pegs didn't match the heads, and there were drips and smudges on several figures. Luckily, there was 3 of each - so I picked a decent set of each, but even those had flaws. What's even better was that they were listed for 19.99 - and they sold them at that price. The deco was definitely subpar compared to the TBS line. The only figure that looked better in person (compared to the promo pics) was the Weequay - he sports dry-brushed deco and the eyes were correctly painted. Sarrissa is the best in my opinion - I could have easily done without the others to be honest.
darth_sidious wrote:I was out for dinner tonight and figured I'd stop at TRU - they had a case of these on the shelves. Lots of sloppy paintjobs - a number of the neck pegs didn't match the heads, and there were drips and smudges on several figures. Luckily, there was 3 of each - so I picked a decent set of each, but even those had flaws. What's even better was that they were listed for 19.99 - and they sold them at that price. The deco was definitely subpar compared to the TBS line. The only figure that looked better in person (compared to the promo pics) was the Weequay - he sports dry-brushed deco and the eyes were correctly painted. Sarrissa is the best in my opinion - I could have easily done without the others to be honest.

Nice price...

I agree, the Weequay looks so much better in person... but I'm passing on that set, unless the have a sale for $30... not forking over $40 for this. There's really only one figure I want in that set anyway, and that's the chick!

Yeah, I don't think either set is worth $40. Personally, I think the only fan favorite is Sarrissa - and she didn't have the fan support of other Jedi like Jocasta Nu. I'm honestly surprised these were released - and two of them no less. If
I were Hasbro, I would have dropped the clones, Roan, and the Leland Chee figure and just released one set. I bet TRU will have some trouble moving these after the hardcore collectors get their fill, because I cant see kids and casual fans buying them...
I haven't opened mine up yet but after reading that the clones are something I have like 3 times over now, I'm kinda less happy

but I'm still happy that Obi Wan and Anakin were left out of the set, even if the clones are disappointing
they can always be casualties in the diorama
darth_sidious wrote:Yeah, I don't think either set is worth $40. Personally, I think the only fan favorite is Sarrissa - and she didn't have the fan support of other Jedi like Jocasta Nu. I'm honestly surprised these were released - and two of them no less. If
I were Hasbro, I would have dropped the clones, Roan, and the Leland Chee figure and just released one set. I bet TRU will have some trouble moving these after the hardcore collectors get their fill, because I cant see kids and casual fans buying them...

Yep, these are going to pile up some. They just aren't sets that are very appealing. If they price was about $10 cheaper, sure. TRU will need to run some sales here once they start shipping in bulk methinks.

darth_sidious wrote:These are down to $22.49...I'm honestly not surprised to see the drastic price drop for these sets - to me, it says something about the state of collecting.

To me it says something about Hasbro's figures selection.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... Huh? You were saying? These sets just seem so boring to me. I wouldn't pick them up for $5 a set. Guess I'm tired of Jedi. What made them interesting in the OT was that they were rare and special. Now there's tons of them. Don't need a bunch pf boring looking ones in my collection. Its nice its guess for the completist.

ROGUE ONE - A STAR WARS STORY - THE VINTAGE COLL[…]

01. Captain Cassain Andor (Imperial Officer‘s Disg[…]

Thanks - I can share the parts list... head - 5po[…]

Yakfinities #71 - ideas phase

So far, I think I would vote for either Desert (Fi[…]

Triple Zero looks great - really cool. Thanks![…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

0-0-0.JPG 0-0-0 (Doctor Aphra comics) 0-0-0, o[…]

Determine the final spot for The Black Series: The[…]

Results! 01. Paige Tico 02. Lt. Kaydel Ko Connix […]