Return of the Build-A-Droid!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
What 2 "repacks" are you referring to? Padme looks to be modified (note the battle damaged clothing), I think R2 is a BAD mold with the booster rockets. The only repack I see is probably the Biker Scout.
By darthmadonna
I am on the fence here. I am a fork in the road Hasbro has made thelast couple of years pretty rank for me. I want to walk away but I love Star Wars so much. I could hang in there some more beyond TVC but it will be make or break for me, I guess depending availability.

I do like the Padme even if it is Hasbro's 500th variation of Geo Padme. She looks like a a good solid figure.
By zedhatch
The first time I felt I was forced into figs I wouldn't normally buy, kind of feel the same here. I ultimately didn't regret any of the purchases but if they make these into repacks like the past few years I might feel slighted.
By YAK_Chewie
YAK_Jayson wrote:What 2 "repacks" are you referring to? Padme looks to be modified (note the battle damaged clothing), I think R2 is a BAD mold with the booster rockets. The only repack I see is probably the Biker Scout.

Just my opinion, but I consider the R2-D2 a repack even it has booster rockets. Basically, a figure we already have with an accessory that cost Hasbro about a nickel to make (or repack from previous B.A.D. booster rockets).

So, I don't see much effort from Hasbro with these first three figures to launch what is supposed to be a new line for 2013... and if Padme has old parts, it makes sense - but that would mean none of these figures required all new tooling. Not that I won't buy a couple Padme figures, but I might pass on the other two. Kind of a shame. A little weathering on the Biker Scout and some carbon scoring on R2-D2 would go a long way... but it doesn't look like that's something they decided to do.

Who knows, maybe the rest of this wave will rock. But if this is an indication of how 2013 is going to launch, I'm not feeling too good about things.

:wink:
By The Professor
I'm not thrilled about this because as difficult as the last few waves of the original BAD waves were to find and how difficult it's been to find figures now, I have a feeling it will be next to impossible to actually build the droids unless you buy cases of waves.
By Trooper31
Glad to see BAD returning. I think both Padme and the Biker Scout are new-newish (torn shirt on Padme and hopefully BJ hips on the scout). Is the R2 a figure in the wave or one of the BADs?

I agree with Chewie, I want great figures and cool pack-ins.

Another point about that slide, it seems we might see mixed waves from the beginning of 2013 and not a full AOTC wave. Has Hasbro learned something from this year?
darthmadonna wrote:
I do like the Padme even if it is Hasbro's 500th variation of Geo Padme. She looks like a a good solid figure.

I maybe wrong but wouldn't this be the first torn up version of Geo Padme since the very first figure in that outfit? Personally am glad as the was a statue.
By Raylen
I'm glad BAD is coming back. Vintage packing is great but I'm an opener, so as long as the figures are good. Another plus I see is although none of us really WANT to buy figures we don't like, people may buy a couple just to get the parts, which could mean more sell through and less pegwarming of some. However, distribution has to improve drastically.
By YAK_Chewie
I love the concept too... and really, really hope somehow we get C-3PO in this format using the B.A.D. protocol droid sculpt.

Some other cool droids we could maybe get...

T3-M4 (KOTOR astromech)
3D-4 (adminisitrative droid)
Commando Droid (realistic style)
Hunter Killer Probot
Sentinal Droid

I didn't add any regular style astromechs to the list... because personally, I'm pretty burnt out on them... and I'd really love to see Hasbro tie this into the TOR stuff if possible, since we're really not getting many other figures from that line like I had hoped.

:wink:
By Raylen
You're absolutely right. While I love the BAD astromechs, I do feel they've gotten over saturated (rebel pilots too!). I'd love to see more EU droids. How about a BAD Proxy? Or a gonk droid. Two legs, and two halves of the box. Make it similar to the new opening top gonk.

Winners of this week’s Top Ten are: 01. Cin Drall[…]

Help decide the last 5 spots in Yak's Top Ten: The[…]

Doing old school tabulating due to the demise of m[…]

Last week I scored some new TVC at Walmart... ht[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

Completely agree... the Gamorrean is going to be i[…]

https://i.imgur.com/3uy9lk6.jpg https://i.imgu[…]

Community fodder box...

Here is everything I forgot to include. I'm OK[…]

Your customs put the company to shame. No excuse f[…]