Return of the Build-A-Droid!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By Raylen
Rune Haako wrote:Vintage Battle Droid variants as BADs, nuff said.

Oh heavens no! I have a bunch of Battle Droids. Too soft and too hard to stand. I'd really like to see fresh NEW droids. If its more of the same, there's gonna be less interest I'd imagine.
By darthmadonna
I did like BAD a lot. I was thinking and it would be so nice if Hasbro would repack the last BAD wave (EU and BG-j38) in this new line. PLease please please I never seen any of those figures with the exception of the Legends repack of the Spacetrooper.

That may be a good question to ask then there at the con or Celebration. At least plant a bug in their ear.
By darthmadonna
Actually most of the EU stuff from the last few years are the biggest money grabs on the secondary market too! I imagine this is the answer we would get... "Yeah EU is not a big seller or easily identified by kids and that is not what our focus is,instead we at Hasbro want to concentrate on aggravating the last few remnants of fans and collectors we have left."
By darthmac
Meh about bad, But after the erg disaster I'll be happy to go back to collecting non-carded figs. Right now wave one looks terrible, hopefully they don't over pack wave 1 again, like they did with TVC and TLC.
By Raylen
darthmadonna wrote:Actually most of the EU stuff from the last few years are the biggest money grabs on the secondary market too! I imagine this is the answer we would get... "Yeah EU is not a big seller or easily identified by kids and that is not what our focus is,instead we at Hasbro want to concentrate on aggravating the last few remnants of fans and collectors we have left."

Dead on. And because they won't rerelease most of these types of EU figures, the price skyrockets. Perfect example: the Ulic/Exar comic pack. I never saw it in stores. Hell, I never saw it at a toy show. I just looked for them on eBay the other day. At the time I looked, the bidding was over $60 a piece.... LOOSE! Now you're telling me that there aren't people who'd grab those up if rereleased. EU are always hot sellers.

Now the ONLY arguement they could make I might believe is that yes there are in VERY high demand, BUT the demand is among a small percentage. Just because there's people willing to spend that much for a figure doesn't mean even half that many would spend a fraction of the price. That's the only conclusion they could make that would make an ounce of sense. But you know, they have the molds! Why not get their money's worth out of them?

Either their warehouse is screwed up or they are p[…]

I also liked the boots on the ground aspect of Rep[…]

Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Pulse shipped my TFF order of 4 figures in 3 diffe[…]

Yakfinities #73 - The Unknown Regions

I'll take the purple and gold one (can't remember […]

Star Wars Dioramas

Cool! I miss seeing dioramas like this one. Th[…]

Great work. In our little corner it's always a tre[…]

It’s a real shame when it’s funner to visit dollar[…]

Where does the hobby go from here?

Was it the 6” trash compactor scene? I don’t rec[…]