Return of the Build-A-Droid!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By dj121
Is anyone excited about the announcement of the Amazon exclusive B.A.D wave?

Six figures, all to create TC-70. FA-4 was originally supposed to be one of the droids, and is now going to come complete with a part for the TC-70.

Personally, I think this is a terrible mix of figures. I don't care about four of the six, and I'll be looking for a complete TC-70 online. It may cost a little more, but it will be better than getting stuck with more crap figures.
By Raylen
Again, Hasbro always finds a way to take a good idea and drop the ball! I'm not going to shell out money for figures I don't want just to get one or two I do. Here's an idea.... Take the same number of old figures, make them ALL buildable droids. Even if they repainting existing molds I think that a whole bunch of buildable droids in one set would really be a selling point and really push forward the "droid factory" aspect.
By JawaKing
I'm excited to get TC-70 and the black pauldron Sandtrooper. The Tie Pilot is also cool although just a simple repaint (is this an actual screen-accurate character from a movie or someplace else?) The rest are nice except the boring Battle Droid. At least with most of the wave being army builders a person has a chance of unloading a few that he doesn't want for a little bit of money back maybe.
By darth_sidious
They already released that TIE Pilot with the ace stripes - I think it was in the evo line or something, because I certainly own one (and yes, he does appear in the movie).

What's the deal Sun Fac - is he wearing makeup? :shock:

Carded images haven't changed my mind - I'm still not buying it unless it goes on clearance, because I am only interested in the droids...
By The Professor
This line look is strange to me. Is that supposed to be R2, a specifically black astromech, or a generic astromech? I'm surprised it doesn't have R2's blue and silver look.
By Paulskywalker
See i'd have prefered to have seen them on the store shelves instead of the BS line. I doubt the BAD would have affected prices and would have been more of an incentive.
By JawaKing
They already released that TIE Pilot with the ace stripes - I think it was in the evo line or something, because I certainly own one (and yes, he does appear in the movie).

I asked about the TIE Pilot because the card says "First Appearance" under the name. I can't remember a figure with that deco. It's great to get another screen- accurate troop if that is the case. Thankful that the exclusive price is right around what the figures sell for at retail chains ($10 each.) These figures could have all been at retail, as originally planned, and we still would have had to buy them to get TC-70. Or pay more for it as suggested. This is exactly like the original B.A.D. Legacy line in that not everybody liked all the characters in every wave. Like ANY wave. Difference is that as an exclusive we have have to get them all together at once.
By darthmadonna
I just noticed that Tie Pilot. So Hasbro screwed up again? That pilot was in the evolutions set. No specific name was given that I can remember on the evo version but then again there is not one on this new carded version. So first appearance? I say not.
By darthmadonna
The Professor wrote:This line look is strange to me. Is that supposed to be R2, a specifically black astromech, or a generic astromech? I'm surprised it doesn't have R2's blue and silver look.

I think it is just generic and they forced the familiar "black and silver". I do think it helps convey the droid factory idea. As for the black and silver I think they were trying to tie into that familiar vintagy star wars color palette
By YAK_Chewie
I think these figures look really nice -- this is a nice wave -- would be even better if there were more NEW figures in it, but imagine the outrage if this was only online, and this had 1-2 all new figures included? As it stands, I think $60 for all these (which adds up to 7 figures) is more than fair - and probably a better outlet than this wave being in stores, to be honest. I will certainly order 1-2 sets. Maybe even a third. The only real turd here is the clone because of the awful helmet.

:wink:
By Grimace
my only problem with this deal is that there are no other figures with the same parts

I was hoping to get a few extra arms and legs for other projects
when this promotion was running before, there were always 4 other figures that had some of the same parts
I'm going to miss that here

and more ross

It is about time I reupload my Halloween Town. h[…]

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]