Return of the Build-A-Droid!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
Grimace wrote:my only problem with this deal is that there are no other figures with the same parts

I was hoping to get a few extra arms and legs for other projects
when this promotion was running before, there were always 4 other figures that had some of the same parts
I'm going to miss that here

I thought in the past, it was always 12 figure waves, with 6 figures with parts for 1 droid, and 6 figures with parts for a 2nd droid?

:?:
Weren't the astromechs in four parts. It seems like the size of the wave depended if it was a human-size droid or an astromech.
By Raylen
There are 4 parts sets for astromechs (right leg, left leg, torso, head w/third leg). The humanoid droids have 6 parts sets (left leg, left arm, right leg, right arm, torso, and head). If the droid had a weapon, it was packed with the head. I know for a fact that I had different figures and that some came with duplicate parts. It wasn't random either. Figure "A" always came with part "X". Though Figure G may also come with part "X".
By YAK_Chewie
Received my order today. I took my time with ordering but am glad to have my set now.

I think this is a good set, good value - just not thrilled with having to add a few of these figures to my collection in order to get these droids. The clone helmet of course is way too big still - such a shame!! I haven't had a chance to open these yet... but I will as soon as I can.

Still though, I think this format for future BAD offerings might work... Hasbro just needs to do a little better with the figure choices. At least it's army builder galore though... right?

What do you guys think? Would you be up for more 6-pks like this to help get more cool BAD offerings made?

:wink:
By darthapathy
It would really depend on both the figures and the droids offered. Maybe if they were to do this, they could do a fan's choice poll. They give the fans several choices to make up the six figures in the set and several choices for the droid.

They could also do an eight pack to get two four piece droids.
By darthapathy
Just had another idea on how Hasbro could do this. They could kill two birds with one stone. Hasbro could re-release some of the harder to find figures of the past waves as the BAD sets. Imagine if you will a six figure wave with Ponda Baba, Bastilla Shan, Rebel Trooper (EBBG), Galen Marek, Shae Vizsla, and Grand Moff Tarkin. Sure they are all repacks but I'm sure no one would mind these repacks. They could re-release BG-J38 or HK-50 as the BAD or give us a C-3PO BAD
By darth_sidious
I dislike this set to the point where I didn't buy it - and don't plan to. Had the figures all been new - say BAD parts packed with Mara, Pablo, Luminara, etc - I would buy it in a flash. FA-4 is the only figure I'd buy if these were at retail, because its NEW - everything else is a repaint or repack. I'm honestly a bit surprised so many people bought them to begin with...
By YAK_Chewie
darthapathy wrote:Just had another idea on how Hasbro could do this. They could kill two birds with one stone. Hasbro could re-release some of the harder to find figures of the past waves as the BAD sets. Imagine if you will a six figure wave with Ponda Baba, Bastilla Shan, Rebel Trooper (EBBG), Galen Marek, Shae Vizsla, and Grand Moff Tarkin. Sure they are all repacks but I'm sure no one would mind these repacks. They could re-release BG-J38 or HK-50 as the BAD or give us a C-3PO BAD

Yep, great idea. The only one of those I don't want another of is Tarkin - but that's a very good way for Hasbro to approach this! I would gladly buy at least two of a wave like that! If not several more than that...

:wink:
By Raylen
Haven't bought this set. I'd be buying for the two droids and the TIE Pilot (for some reason I've never bought a single one in the modern line!). It'd have to be a good sale price before I'd grab them. I'd have to sell off the other figs I didn't want loose.

There is a GREAT way for Hasbro to continue a B.A.D. concept. Have a figure pack that is ALL Build-A-Droids!!! They have a bunch of parts already. Do some repaints and make two or three sets. Pack One has 2 astromechs and 2 protocol droids. Pack Two has a different set of 2 astromechs and 2 protocol droids. That way with ONE SET you have playability to mix and match parts. Buy the second set and you have even more options. Maybe each set would include half of a fifth droid. You need to buy all the sets to make that "bonus" one. Right there that encourages people to buy more than one pack.

Or, make a big set, like the vintage droid factory, but make a totally different playset piece. Have it come with a couple Jawas and 4-5 buildable droids.

There's many ways to do this but the great thing is that there is A) playability factor B) "building factor". Kids still enjoy building toys. Just look at Lego (which is now a better seller than Hasbro). C) the "collectible factor". The desire to collect ALL the figures and parts, or at least a couple select droids. Plus if they did a playset with figures and parts (and maybe even in vintage packaging), they could possibly even cash in on a bit of nostalgia.

I had a modge podge of diorama greeblies out the o[…]

Yakfinities #73 - Vote Now

Ah, the mysterious Unknown Regions. I hear that's[…]

SDCC 2019 Hasbro Pulse lottery

Well, I have a lottery spot for Friday morning...e[…]

Recent Finds/Acquisitions: Vintage/SOTDS

Nice pic... Thanks! Had to do a LOT of clea[…]

Yakfinities #72 - Desert Dwellers

Here are my first couple of entries, with many mor[…]

I want to see... TVC figures - 5-6 TVC main cha[…]

The V-Stock store near my house (South County Mall[…]

That is one of the most amazing collections I've s[…]