Image Image Image Image Image

Droid Factory Wave 1 - Spring 2013

Return of the Build-A-Droid!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Droid Factory Wave 1 - Spring 2013

Postby YAK_Chewie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Raylen wrote:I'd like to know how they choose the "best of" and excluded the Navy Commander. He was for me THE hardest to find this year. Even most online retailers were continuously out of stock, unless of course they wanted $20+ for him. I lucked out with finally finding one in stores, but I'd like another and people are obviously army building the crap outta him.

It's because the line of "the best of" is snarky public relations on Hasbro's part.

There's no "best of" here - all they're doing is getting out the cases that have been collecting mold and dust in their warehouses this year.

:wink:
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Very nicely put Chewie. :)
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

Postby darthmadonna » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:23 pm

darthmac wrote:
Raylen wrote:I'd like to know how they choose the "best of" and excluded the Navy Commander. He was for me THE hardest to find this year. Even most online retailers were continuously out of stock, unless of course they wanted $20+ for him. I lucked out with finally finding one in stores, but I'd like another and people are obviously army building the crap outta him.

Totally agree, he is the only remaining TVC figure I want more of. But I don't pay crazy prices for extras.

Agreed! I have never seen Malgus at all at retail and he is from the same wave. I think this "best of" is actually BS. They could easily throw a Boba Fett in there too not to mention Bastila, Ponda, Hoth Rebel, etc. But no it looks suspiciously like the exact case assortments that have hit, granted minimally but still the choices are not as in demand as many others.
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 am

This type of thing is typical Hasbro. I understand they're trying to play a positive angle, but none of us are being fooled by it, so they should just tell us the truth.

However, this is part of the problem right now between collectors and Hasbro. When Hasbro announced that TVC was going away for a while, a lot of collectors were rather vocal against the move. Hasbro messed up distribution big time and let's admit it, a 4 year-old could have seen the problems with so many TPM repacks. So, Hasbro has a ton of cases sitting in the warehouse and decides to cancel the new stuff, put out the old stuff, and say, "Hey, fans wanted TVC to stick around, so here are some "best of" cases, forgetting of course to tell us that these very cases just happened to be sitting going no where fast.

Now, if these figures start sitting on the oegs for too long, what conclusion will Hasbro make?

Nobody is interested in TVC.....of course, we are, but we already have all of those figures and would rather have been given a real GH case with Ponda Baba, Bastilla, EGT, ERG, INC, RT and a few others or a real extension of TVC with new waves. Unfortunately, they never want to see that side of things.
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:15 am

Kinda off topic, but the mention of Ponda Boba made me think of it. Last episode of Clone Wars had an Aquilish (his species) wearing the orange and blue Kenner vintage outfit. They did the same with a blue Snaggletooth a few episodes back. I love those little nods to the fans.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
zedhatch

Postby zedhatch » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:40 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:

It's because the line of "the best of" is snarky public relations on Hasbro's part.

There's no "best of" here - all they're doing is getting out the cases that have been collecting mold and dust in their warehouses this year.

Agreed, I think all of this just shows HAsbro has much bigger issues then they try to let on about.
Updated Mon-Fri every week
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Raylen wrote:Kinda off topic, but the mention of Ponda Boba made me think of it. Last episode of Clone Wars had an Aquilish (his species) wearing the orange and blue Kenner vintage outfit. They did the same with a blue Snaggletooth a few episodes back. I love those little nods to the fans.

I'd like to see some pics of that. :)

Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:15 pm

This was the best I could find of Snaggletooth. Couldn't find a single one of Ponda. Unbelievable. The internet must be broken.

http://www.galactichunter.com/gh/sites/ ... 1002-1.jpg
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Here you go, just scroll down. I thought it was such a cool easter egg. :D

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=169580
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Cool pics - thanks guys!

Return to “CANCELLED: 2013 Legacy Collection”