Pablo-Jill
Clone Trooper (212th Attack Battalion)

B.A.D.S:
TC-70
FA-4 (Dooku's Pilot Droid)
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Sybeck1
Droid

Re: Droid Factory Wave 1 - Spring 2013

Postby Sybeck1 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:53 am

I would have bought multiples if the Sandtrooper was a simple VC41 Stormie with an updated helmet. But I am not, That and repacks like the Tie pilot will mean I will never finish my little robot.
The Menace on the pegs is no Phantom!
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:10 am

I noticed the "Black 3" TIE Fighter Pilot includes a new blaster reminiscent of the Vintage TIE Pilot.

Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:02 am

the TC-70 character is Jabba's translator droid from the Clone Wars movie

an odd choice, but a welcome one
99%
stroebel83
Teras Kasi

Postby stroebel83 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:11 pm

Grimace wrote:the TC-70 character is Jabba's translator droid from the Clone Wars movie

an odd choice, but a welcome one

hey more realistic cw stuff, I am totally supportive
"From Endor to Hoth/ Ripley to Spock
I'll find what you want/ But there's gonna be a cost
See, my name is Boba Fett/ I know my [shots are] tight
Start not actin'right/ You're frozen in carbonite"
MC Chris "Fett's Vette"
Royal_Guard
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Royal_Guard » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Don't we have enough sandtroopers already?

Other than Padme and possibly the Clone, this is a very uninspiring list.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Very lackluster assortment - I dont think any of those OT troopers should be in an AOTC themed wave. I am only interested in Padme, Luminara, and Pablo - and while both BAD figures are cool and I'd like to own them - especially FA-4, I have no idea how I am going to do that...
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:15 am

This is a good candidate to order the full case.
Che la forza sia con voi
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:33 am

If it was a later wave, I'd probably order a case. But since this is the first wave of a new line, I'm assuming these will be everywhere, and places like TRU will have decent sales on them about a week after they put them out.

:wink:
DarthMcBaine
Midi-Chlorian

Postby DarthMcBaine » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:51 am

Pablo-Jill I´m excited about, the head sculpt looks fantastic! The rest....not sure...another TIE pilot? Another sandtrooper? Another Anakin? More clones? Pfff, There´s still enough new characters to produce, we need a little freshness to the line!
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:05 am

I agree, a dash of new characters is what this wave needs - every single figure in this wave is a rehash - thats pathetic for a toy line thats been around for this long. Resculpts alone wont keep this line alive forever. The only brand new item is one of the BAD figures, FA-4. Comparing this wave to the first wave from this year (TPM) - and 3 of the figures were brand new characters - they could have and should have done something similar for the AOTC 3-D release. Drop all the OT troopers and give us 3 new AOTC characters - now thats something that might have excited collectors...
AaylaSecurasMan
Senator

Postby AaylaSecurasMan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:10 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:If it was a later wave, I'd probably order a case. But since this is the first wave of a new line, I'm assuming these will be everywhere, and places like TRU will have decent sales on them about a week after they put them out.

:wink:

Good point Chewie, although nowadays it's highly unlikely that you will run into a full wave/case in one trip at any retail store, you have to come back a few times to get them so saving that gas, time and effort may be worth it :D
Che la forza sia con voi
JediMerc
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby JediMerc » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:16 pm

I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about this wave selection when it was announced last week, but I figured it'd have to move faster than TPM waves from this year, right? Now I'm not so sure: there are too many clones---I am cloned out!---another sandtrooper (??!?!), a TIE pilot with no differences from the ROTJ wave last winter, and a Geonosian fig that really is nothing exceptional enough to buy again. Even the new Padme and Anakin figures aren't interesting me enough to pick them up. If Hasbro recognizes that there is a slight decrease in demand for prequel figures, then they should have placed just a couple more OT figs that are desirable---and that we haven't seen time and time again (I'm looking at you Sandie and Cloney)---to ensure this doesn't clog things up once again.

I hope that Hasbro limits this wave (though I don't see them doing so), or has another ready to ship concurrently, because I feel less and less positive about the ability of this wave to move off pegs. I really, really don't want to be the downer on this wave, but I get the sinking feeling that we will be seeing TPM figs mixed in with this wave long into the end of next year.
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." -- Brian Fantana (from Anchorman)
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 pm

R2: mehh probably end up getting, hope he comes with something else but unlikely

Padme: Yes, yes and yes been wanting a good version since the very first version

Biker Scout: Even if 'new' means just ball-jointed hips it will be good to have a trooper that can sit on a bike.

TIE Pilot: Meh will probably end up getting for the part

Anakin: Cool looking body, but the head is off; think it's the mouth. I suppose a head swap with peasant disguise ani will help?

Clone (Sergeant): It was obvious since the plain white super duper clone that we'd get all the ranks, so happily expected and greens my fav colour.

Sandtrooper: hhmm too many sandies lately, but i suppose the droid part and a new paintjob will do.

Luminara Unduli: Very cool, can't wait and her hat seems to come off.

Red BD: Not a fan of the mold, but does look a bit cooler in red.

Geonosian: Straightforward repack on Sun Fac would be hhmmm, but if it's different and meant to be a simple warrior maybe.

Pablo-Jill: Very nice figure, don't have the previous one.

Clone (212th): Again with such a cool sculpt it was obvious we'd get repaints, just fix the bloody helmets Hasbro. Anyone got a job lot of 41 Clone heads? :lol:

TC-70: Cool design and so yes!
FA-4: Really nice droid, want a vehicle for him.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
LuminarasPadawan
Midi-Chlorian

Postby LuminarasPadawan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Awwwww....no Vintage Collection card for Luminara?!? LOL

The cardbacks was 50% of the reason I started collecting the TVC's in the first place, loved the Barriss (MUCH better than the AOTC version).

Return to “CANCELLED: 2013 Legacy Collection”