Return of the Build-A-Droid!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

User avatar
By darthmac
#126104
I'm really hoping that rumored TVC packaged X-Wing is coming soon, though it would be better timed with the 3d release of ANH. With seemingly so little product for 2013, this may be the year I can get my hands on a vintage Yakface!
User avatar
By Trooper31
#126120
The Disney deal wasn't official until Dec. 21st, so I don't know how much of a role Disney could have played in all of this.

I can't imagine that the lackluster enthusiasm of the collector base to the choices had anything to do with them cancelling the line, although it would be great to know we influenced them in some way.

Maybe they just had too many TVC cases left and found it easier to scrap the BAD line and go with something else for 2013-14.
#126122
I don't believe that because some fans didn't like the BAD line that influenced Hasbro cancellation, (1) Their Hasbro (2) The fact that only some didn't like it is not a reason alone, as there would have been plenty of fans and kids to buy them. Besides other sw basic figure lines have had a poor reception and gone on to do well.
User avatar
By Trooper31
#126126
Like I said, I can't imagine.........

Oddly, enough though, it would not surprise me if at TF Hasbro says, "we decided to extend TVC with the Bist of waves because fans demanded it." :o :wink:
#126137
Trooper31 wrote:Like I said, I can't imagine.........


Sorry! lol
#126143
YAK_Chewie wrote:...one thing is for sure, they have gotten very good at cheezy PR statements...

"This is for the fans! We're listening because we care!" - yeah, ok. If you say so Hasbro. Toy Fair may be your last chance to prove or convince people because you're alienating more collectors each month.

:wink:


Their PR is a bit ridiculous at times, but I think they do make an effort to get some highly requested figures to collectors. Unfortunately, its usually only under circumstances that benefit them greatly. Look at Jocasta Nu as the perfect example. I hate how they act like releasing a certain figure, accessory, pack-in, etc will break the bank. They make a ton of money from the fans that support their products, yet lately it seems like all they care about is the bottom line...
#126145
As well as the 'caring for collectors' and the breaking the bank type messages they give, it also feels like they're 'we're doing you a favour, praise us' too.
User avatar
By Trooper31
#126152
Paulskywalker wrote:As well as the 'caring for collectors' and the breaking the bank type messages they give, it also feels like they're 'we're doing you a favour, praise us' too.


That sums it up perfectly. My SW dealer said that when they offer crap, the most he can do is turn it down. However, even if every dealer in Germany tells Hasbro, that's crap and nobody wants it, Hasbro just interprets it as, there's no market for SW.

Hasbro knows how much people want to see certain TVC figures, but what they're giving us isn't what we want, yet, they don't want to listen. For them, selling off cases that we already have is giving us more TVC, which is what we wanted.
#126154
Yeah what i wanted was to have had those TVC figures out when they were supposed to have been out and now be looking forward to new figures.
User avatar
By Trooper31
#126155
Agreed. The dumbest thing about those Best of TVC waves, is that all I've been seeing the past three months has been 2 versions of the Evazan/Aayla Wave. T´here are a lot of great figures in that wave, but I think they've reached the saturation point for many of those figures. I've only seen the lost line wave complete, once and a Vader or a Leia two other times. I'd love to pick up a few more sandtroopers, but I fear we'll soon be swimming in Jar Jars and figures that are great, but not necessary at the moment.

If they'd wanted to extend TVC, then they should just send out more cases of the final wave t retail all over the whole planet.
User avatar
By Paulskywalker
#126157
See thats their problem too, they do this across the board thing when it's not necessary, for example the Ayla wave never appeared here and so would probably go ok, but to release those figures again in the US where there already available is a bit silly. They need to be a bit more strategic with their distribution and they just don't get it, rather than have best of waves they could have had a quick look and seen whats areas didn't get what and do something about it.
User avatar
By Raylen
#126158
I'd like to know how they choose the "best of" and excluded the Navy Commander. He was for me THE hardest to find this year. Even most online retailers were continuously out of stock, unless of course they wanted $20+ for him. I lucked out with finally finding one in stores, but I'd like another and people are obviously army building the crap outta him.
User avatar
By darthmac
#126160
Raylen wrote:I'd like to know how they choose the "best of" and excluded the Navy Commander. He was for me THE hardest to find this year. Even most online retailers were continuously out of stock, unless of course they wanted $20+ for him. I lucked out with finally finding one in stores, but I'd like another and people are obviously army building the crap outta him.


Totally agree, he is the only remaining TVC figure I want more of. But I don't pay crazy prices for extras.
User avatar
By YAK_Chewie
#126176
Trooper31 wrote:
Paulskywalker wrote:As well as the 'caring for collectors' and the breaking the bank type messages they give, it also feels like they're 'we're doing you a favour, praise us' too.


That sums it up perfectly. My SW dealer said that when they offer crap, the most he can do is turn it down. However, even if every dealer in Germany tells Hasbro, that's crap and nobody wants it, Hasbro just interprets it as, there's no market for SW.

Hasbro knows how much people want to see certain TVC figures, but what they're giving us isn't what we want, yet, they don't want to listen. For them, selling off cases that we already have is giving us more TVC, which is what we wanted.


Yep - it's all about case assortments - they simply have lost the ability to manage the line effectively.

The only thing that keeps this line running in years like 2012 is the sheer popularity of Star Wars itself. Because the way they've handled the license is completely pathetic. They should be ******* ashamed, and to be honest, many of the people that were responsible for the collection of dumbass moves the past couple years should be let go.

:wink:
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
Yakfinities #72 - Desert Dwellers

Here are my first couple of entries, with many mor[…]

I want to see... TVC figures - 5-6 TVC main cha[…]

If anyone still needs them, Amazon has TVC Yakface[…]

Yakfinities #73 - Vote Now

Sure, please try and post that as an idea when the[…]

The V-Stock store near my house (South County Mall[…]

That is one of the most amazing collections I've s[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

http://i.imgur.com/uUmRFoJ.jpg http://i.imgur.c[…]

AT-PT p62 / Index p1

Great work! Certainly has the clunkiness of what I[…]