Return of the Build-A-Droid!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

I've been thinking about this some... with the news that the Droid Factory line has been canned (but most of the figures, if not all, will still find their way to retail), are there any you really can't live without?

By my count, here's the figures that were slated for release:

R2-D2
Padme Amidala (Geonosis Arena)
Biker Scout
TIE Pilot
Anakin Skywalker (EII)
Clone Trooper (Sergeant)
Sandtrooper
Luminara Unduli
Battle Droid (Red/Geonosis Deco)
Geonosian Warrior (Sun Fac)
Pablo-Jill
Clone Trooper (212th Attack Battalion)
Mace Windu (realistic Clone Wars)
Captain Rex (realistic Clone Wars)
Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony)
Mara Jade Skywalker (Jedi)
Darth Vader (Bespin Betrayal)
A-Wing Pilot
Biggs Darklighter
Clone Pilot (EII)
TC-70 (B.A.D.)
FA-4 (B.A.D.)
R8-B7 (B.A.D.)
R5-X2 (B.A.D.)

I really can live without quite a few of these. I highlighted below in red the ones I don't care about, in blue the ones I hope make it into the new line:

R2-D2
Biker Scout
TIE Pilot
Anakin Skywalker (EII)
A-Wing Pilot
Biggs Darklighter
R8-B7 (B.A.D.)

Clone Trooper (Sergeant)
Sandtrooper
Luminara Unduli
Pablo-Jill
Clone Pilot (EII)
TC-70 (B.A.D.)
FA-4 (B.A.D.)
R5-X2 (B.A.D.)

Thoughts?

:wink:
I agree that Mara for *most* is the figure that needs to find a way to be released. It was the one I was most looking forward to getting.

And I don't think Hasbro will have a problem finding a way to get her out, so long as she's not made into an online exclusive like Jocasta Nu.
There was so little in the first two waves I was personally interested in, my initial thought is to S-can all of them, but there seem to be a few good ones for eu and pt collectors.

KEEPERS
Biggs Darklighter

TOSS
R2-D2
Biker Scout (assuming this is the awful packin from the speeder bike, bj hips are the only thing that figure has going for it)
TIE Pilot
Sandtrooper (can sandtroopers just take a year or two hiatus, at least he is the best of the heap)
(And this is coming from an OT only collector!)

The rest I just don't care about enough to figure out if they are worth releasing or not.
Are there more images of the canceled figures? I haven't been following toy news lately, certainly bummed this Mara is canceled or delayed.

Sick of seeing the same fodder on the shelves, and when I DID snag a few new figures just for the sake of having some different parts, I was pretty appalled to find how unarticulated they were (CW Scuba-Ahsoka and CW Commando). Mara looks like a great base figure!
Want the most:

Luminara Unduli
Pablo-Jill
FA-4 (B.A.D.)

Dont care about:

R2-D2
Biker Scout
TIE Pilot
Anakin Skywalker (EII)
Clone Trooper (Sergeant)
Sandtrooper
A-Wing Pilot
Biggs Darklighter
Clone Pilot (EII)
TC-70 (B.A.D.)
R8-B7 (B.A.D.)
R5-X2 (B.A.D.)

Since Mara won the Hasbro Fans Choice Poll, I think she's pretty much guaranteed - if they didnt release her, fan / collector relations would likely crumble.
darth_sidious wrote:Since Mara won the Hasbro Fans Choice Poll, I think she's pretty much guaranteed - if they didnt release her, fan / collector relations would likely crumble.

Relations would have to greatly improve for things to be able to crumble.
Looking back more and more at what Hasbro had in line for 2013, I'm glad this line has been canned. The figure selection was terrible anyway. I hope quite a few of these figures get replaced by Magna Guards, Gamorrean Guards, Darth Sidious, Republic Troopers, Royal Guards, etc... and some surprise NEW figures like some Phase 2 clones with proper helmets!

Hell, the all white Snowspeeder Luke we saw from the cancelled comic pack would be sweet too, along with concept IG-88, HK-47, etc.

Hasbro needs to wow us at Toy Fair but I have very little hope. I am going in with a glass half empty mentality for the first time ever.

:wink:
FA-4 is by far the figure I was most looking forward to and would be really disappointed if it doesn't find its way out. After that, the rest of the BAD's, Mara, Padme, Pablo Jill, and Luminara would be at the top of my list, but I'm really hoping for more new characters rather than all of the re-dos that made up the original waves.

Contrary to popular opinion here, I really hope the Geonosis version of the vintage collection battle droid makes it out as well. I army built the crud out of that TVC BD and still can't get enough of it.
Community fodder box...

Sure, I'll toss a few bucks in there. Canada shi[…]

Black Spire Outpost- WIP

Thanks everyone! I had some time this weekend to b[…]

Target Exclusive Gamorrean Guard

LOL. If my daughter sees Poopsie she might want i[…]

Mimban Stormtrooper

Yeah, Walmart exclusive. Hasbro could not have […]

Load the Barge!

Bib Fortuna (new sculpt) Tessek (new sculpt) […]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Li’l Klee – The youngest of fourteen children in h[…]