Image Image Image Image Image

TBS: Droid Factory Multipack (Amazon Exclusive)

Return of the Build-A-Droid!

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

darthmadonna
Bounty Hunter

Re: TBS: Droid Factory Multipack (Amazon Exclusive)

Postby darthmadonna » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:46 pm

I guess there is a limit on these. I am not allowed to order anymore. when I try it says there is a quantity limit and my cart was adjusted to 0. I have ordered a total of 5 sets over the last few months. Anyways anyone who wants to ditch the Red battle droids keep me in mind please :D
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:06 pm

I got a price adjustment and will get a $15 refund. So that takes what i paid down to about £20.15, wow!
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Grimace
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Grimace » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:48 pm

my two sets at $14.99 each arrived today!

no more worries about having another TC-14 and FA-7 to pull apart for spare droid parts
99%
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Received my DF set today - cant believe how small the box is, haha. At $14.99 its a great deal, and with my Amazon rewards, I paid like 10 bucks for it. I think the drastic price drops really set a precedent for future exclusives. From now on, if they pack 1 new figure with 6 repaints, I am going to wait until clearance. I paid less for the whole set, than I would have had to pay for FA-4 on ebay...
DarthSinizter
Midi-Chlorian

Postby DarthSinizter » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:03 pm

I agree, spending the original amount of $59.99 for the Droid Factory wave would be a waste of money. That is why I waited to order them. I knew from the first price drop that Amazon would do what it did last year, lower its prices on figures in order to sell more of them. I am glad i waited and buying two packs at the discount price was less than the original price for one set of the Droid Factory figures. Granted I paid $24.00 per set but it was worth it. 14 figures for $48.00 is one heck of a great deal. Glad I waited.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:16 pm

I hope Amazon did good enough with these overall to warrant them being willing to pick up more of Hasbro's items that otherwise would not be released... because as much as I hated having to get more Geonosians and Battle Droids at this point, both BAD figures are wonderful.

:wink:
dj121
Midi-Chlorian

Postby dj121 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:07 pm

I ordered two set. Got the first one for 29.99, but when they dropped to 14.99 I got the price adjustment. I tried to snag another set at that price, but by the time I could they went up to 19.99. I still placed the order. Two sets for a total of 35 bucks! How can you pass that up?

I have not opened the second set yet, but the FA-4 from the first set does not have removable limbs. Or I'm just too afraid to pull hard enough.
The Force will be with you, Always!
frosty
Scavenger

Postby frosty » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:59 pm

i got mine for £15.00 delivered, great deal for the money, wouldn't mind another set to keep sealed,
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:04 pm

This set really was great... especially the Sandtrooper and two droids.

I've love to see Hasbro bring back this concept. I never get sick of build-a-droids.

Surprised we never saw them go down this road with clone troopers and other troops.

CommanderJoe276
Scavenger

Postby CommanderJoe276 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:21 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:This set really was great... especially the Sandtrooper and two droids.

I've love to see Hasbro bring back this concept. I never get sick of build-a-droids.

Surprised we never saw them go down this road with clone troopers and other troops.

That would be great Chewie! A wave full of different clone troopers and they all made another droid. I wish they would do these waves more often especially at the great clearance prices. I love me some clones! :D
Jedimaster-c
Cantina Bartender

Postby Jedimaster-c » Tue May 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Just saw on Rebescum someone found the Droid Factory figures at retail. Of course he didn't disclose where he found them at.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Wed May 13, 2015 9:17 am

What an odd find, a second news story says, "They were found for $19.99 each at a Go! Calendars outlet in Pooler, GA". Most of these figure / cardback combos were never released, and were instead put on TBS cards. Other than the Sandtrooper and BAD, the figures shown in the story weren't part of the Amazon exclusive.
theottomanguy
Midi-Chlorian

Postby theottomanguy » Thu May 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Any chance that someone who lives near one of these GoCalendars stores could be coaxed into helping out and getting some of these for people on the boards? I'd be very glad to compensate a collector for doing it, rather than hunting on ebay. At least someone here would take better care with them.

Anyone who can help, please do PM me. There's no such store anywhere in my neck of the woods.
Jedimaster-c
Cantina Bartender

Postby Jedimaster-c » Thu May 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Yeah unless they start popping up at TJ Maxx, Ross, or Tuesday morning. I wouldn't mind a set as well.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu May 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Per the front page, Jayson found these too in his area in MN.

They are cool, but since I'm an opener, they are certainly not $20 per figure cool for someone like me.

Return to “CANCELLED: 2013 Legacy Collection”