Recent Finds/Acquisitions: The Black Series

Discuss of Hasbro new line in the 3-3/4" scale & 6" scale

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Re: Recent Finds/Acquisitions: The Black Series

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Jodo wrote:I want a pair (or 6) of those so bad!!!

Since I first found the $5.86 TBS figures, I've picked up 2 Poes, 2 Ackbars, a Lando, and an ERG for custom fodder. I was hoping to see Cassian, Scariffs or some Death Troopers, but then I remember that the Cas wave never even hit here...

I checked one of my Walmart's out and I was finally gonna bite the bullet and buy Lando for such a good price but of course both of them had horrendous paint apps. They didn't have much of anything else, just Starkiller Base Hans. I'm a frustrated collector right now. :|
Passionate Star Wars fan/collector for all my life, Troop builder, teenager.

Other forum account:
https://disqus.com/by/GHuxy15/
StooperZero
Bounty Hunter

Postby StooperZero » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:15 pm

another death trooper for $9.83

been over a month since i bought anything.

the 3.75 stuff you could build an awesome cheap army out of hans,leias,landos and phasmas.
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:23 am

I drove to Vandalia, IL today with a friend and picked up an AT-ST finally!!! I'm glad to have picked this up, as it's a really cool item! I think I'm gonna use it for a Scarif shelf diorama

I also ordered the 3.75 Starlord and Yondu pack from HTS. They're a weird scale. And Yondu is missing his arrow but has a holster for it, so I guess I'll be messaging them tomorrow. :/
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of 1/02/2017: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 7!
GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Jodo wrote:I drove to Vandalia, IL today with a friend and picked up an AT-ST finally!!! I'm glad to have picked this up, as it's a really cool item! I think I'm gonna use it for a Scarif shelf diorama

I also ordered the 3.75 Starlord and Yondu pack from HTS. They're a weird scale. And Yondu is missing his arrow but has a holster for it, so I guess I'll be messaging them tomorrow. :/

I'm pretty sure he doesn't come with the arrow. :-/ How are the figures though?

Other forum account:
Mandalorian1129
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Mandalorian1129 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:34 pm

I hit the Kohls on Cicero & found a Jango 6 inch for $6 & their exclusive 4 pack for $10!
Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:13 pm

GrandMoffHux14 wrote:
Jodo wrote:I drove to Vandalia, IL today with a friend and picked up an AT-ST finally!!! I'm glad to have picked this up, as it's a really cool item! I think I'm gonna use it for a Scarif shelf diorama

That's what I was afraid of! Eff that. :x The figures are good overall. I just wish Starlord would have had a removable helmet. It's kind of weird they could get his likeness for the 6 inch figure and not the smaller scale.

The weird this is they aren't 3.75 inch figures. They're bigger than SW figures. I'll take a picture here in a little bit for you! I wouldn't mind a second set, so I could swap Yondu's long coat to Starlord...
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of 1/02/2017: Era of Darkness VOL 2: Chapter 7!
GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Jodo wrote:
GrandMoffHux14 wrote:

That's what I was afraid of! Eff that. :x The figures are good overall. I just wish Starlord would have had a removable helmet. It's kind of weird they could get his likeness for the 6 inch figure and not the smaller scale.

The weird this is they aren't 3.75 inch figures. They're bigger than SW figures. I'll take a picture here in a little bit for you! I wouldn't mind a second set, so I could swap Yondu's long coat to Starlord...

Thanks! I'm really interested in these sets but I wanna make sure before I buy them. The Spiderman/Vulture pack looks awesome, so does the Dr. Strange though I don't care for the Astral version all that much. Still need to pick that movie up!

Other forum account:
Darth Vlad's Clone
Pod Racer

Postby Darth Vlad's Clone » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:09 pm

After seeing accounts of cheap 6" figures and people funding Baze and Chirrut for $7, I'll put a bounty out there. And I'd even swap my Revan I got for full price for those two.
StooperZero
Bounty Hunter

Postby StooperZero » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:50 pm

Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:After seeing accounts of cheap 6" figures and people funding Baze and Chirrut for $7, I'll put a bounty out there. And I'd even swap my Revan I got for full price for those two.

i think this is the only way they know they can make room for anything they shipped since december .
30+ stores = zero revan waves and zero baze/chirrut waves.

i've talked to employees at a few stores and basically new SW stuff hasn't shown up since 3p0/krennic waves.

BUT... BUT.... the newest transformers are already on the shelves, same with all the marvel legends stuff.
that new titan class megatron looks spiffy.

Jodo
Senator

Postby Jodo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Here's those pics of the GOTG figures. Also, their hands aren't articulated...

IMG_0836.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG
GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:54 pm

More on the lines of 4" inches, interesting. They look cool, I may just buy the 6" Marvel Legends versions though, those look sweet. Thanks for the pics, Jodo! :D

Other forum account:
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:09 pm

I have those GOTG 3.75" figures too... they are okay, but not great and are definitely a bit oversized for this scale.

Just poorly constructed due to the torso design more than anything and I don't get the fascination with ball jointed hips, it almost always looks terrible on 3.75" scale. I already popped apart what I could on them for SW customs.

:wink:
GrandMoffHux14
Cantina Bartender

Postby GrandMoffHux14 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:12 pm

Yeah, we'll see if I get them. Not gonna pass on the Spider-man/Vulture set, too cool to pass up.

P.S. I've been a member of the forums for year now, been a lot of fun. :D

Other forum account:
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 pm

When I saw the price drop on the Walmart 3.75 BS, I grabbed a Finn for customs. Wanted to grab an extra Poe but all gone everywhere I checked. Would have picked up a spare Jinn but only two i found were defective. Already have an extra Lando and Ackbar so not a huge priority to get more. I'm really really hoping these clearances are simple to get rid of the glut of pegwarmers we've been stuck with. I have yet to see the Cassian, Scarif Troopers, 6" Baze and Chirrut, or the AT ST. I ordered Cassian and two Scarif troopers online but would have loved to pick up some extras at clearance price for customs.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
StooperZero
Bounty Hunter

Postby StooperZero » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:43 am

yep, march 24th and still no sign of things that were supposed to be on shelves Dec 16th.

I'm really starting to think I might be done with this game and hasblo in general and just stick to making 1/12 scale vehicles.

Return to “The Black Series: (2013-?)”