Black Series: 3-3/4" Scale Figures General Discussion

Discuss of Hasbro new line in the 3-3/4" scale & 6" scale

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Black Series: 3-3/4" Scale Figures General Discussion

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:27 am

Saw that too... If he had new arms, I'd be in.

It might have new fabric though.... :?:

:wink:
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:30 am

I might pick up an extra walrus man for customs, all the other I'm good on. Ugh.... on the upside I'm spending a lot more time customizing and building new things, not to mention spending money at gtp and with raylen.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:41 am

I was lucky that the TVC wave with Ponda Baba hot pretty heavily here, so I picked up a few extras. He's a great figure for customs, especially with the swivel waist. The sandtrooper is really nice as well. I will probably pick up an extra Tusken as well.
Stillagijoefan
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Stillagijoefan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:28 pm

With only 4 repacks to choose from for the 40th anniversary, I'm guessing fans of SA 3.75 are gonna save lots of money. So what are you gonna spend it on? I'm thinking about adding some rocker stripe decals on my car.
darth_sidious
Emperor

Postby darth_sidious » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:40 pm

I never bought that Boba, so I might pick one up if the price drops to around $10, but it's not exciting, and I can do without it. I'm a bit bummed that we're not getting any unmade ANH characters for the anniversary, I was hoping for a cantina alien or two. Without a fans choice poll for the 3.75 scale, I wonder if we're getting anymore obscure OT characters - period. :(
Stillagijoefan
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Stillagijoefan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:29 am

darth_sidious wrote:I never bought that Boba, so I might pick one up if the price drops to around $10, but it's not exciting, and I can do without it. I'm a bit bummed that we're not getting any unmade ANH characters for the anniversary, I was hoping for a cantina alien or two. Without a fans choice poll for the 3.75 scale, I wonder if we're getting anymore obscure OT characters - period. :(

I'm hopeful we will continue to see new figures, and obscure characters tied in with the movieline. I would be more worried if the 6" line had something interesting. But the 40th anniversary in general is just repacks.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Hasbro totally blew it with 40th anniversary. Total joke.

Trooper31
Pod Racer

Postby Trooper31 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:31 am

At TF Hasbro talked about how a story has a beginning, a middle, and an end and all. Since 6" and 5 POA have come out, Hasbro seemed to always release 6" and 5 POA stuff first and then a few months later allow the 3.75" SA stuff to trickle out. It's possible that is still their plan. Get the 6" stuff out now, so when we have the 3.75" stuff, collectors will either buy both or skip the 3.75" stuff because they spent their money on the 6" stuff.

That said and all and keeping Hasbro's quote in mind, the anniversaries used to really focus on May to an extent. Sure, for the 30th they did a whole year thing, but they told us it would be over a whole year. At TF, Hasbro should have given us a good showing of all of the anniv. stuff, even if some of it wouldn't hit until June/July. I understand with Celebration and SDCC, they still need stuff for two events and all, but I think at this point, SDCC should be used for showing off a good portion of the fall line-up (leaving spoiler figures out) and Celebration could have been a sneak peak at a couple of TLJ figures.

Hasbro dropped the ball is exactly the way to describe this situation. A tease of one of the 3.75" lines' figures would have gone a long way to getting people excited.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Right, there should be more. But part of the problem is there is still a lot of Rogue One and TBS 6" product that haven't even hit retail yet... Hasbro is just a complete cluster **** when it comes to distribution right now (and other areas as most of us would agree).

At this point, if they want to offer 30 or so figures in a 3.75" lineup, they are going to need to change some things. My thoughts:

1 - Release more multi-packs like the Jedha set. Get like 3-4 sets out on launch date, in addition to the standard basic line. That ensures right there that anywhere from 10-15 more figures are released at once...

2 - OR - Change case assortments to be 18 figures. Make it two waves. Each wave has 12 new figures in it and doubles up on army builders and the main villain/hero.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Most of you have probably noticed that Walmart stores have ended the $6 range price on the 3.75 TBS stuff and raised the price up to $11.92 (which is still about a buck cheaper than the original asking price).

But now, some stores are resetting the Star Wars section - all that remains is basically stuff from TBS - and some stores are making extra peg space allocation for the 3.75" figures... the store the photo below was taken from today, shows they have now allocated 8 pegs of space rather than 2 pegs of space. Hopefully this is a good sign as more "in demand" figures start shipping again instead of having to see Finn, blue dress Leia and obscure coat Han on the pegs by their lonesome.

StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:04 pm

the 2 walmarts i was at today looked exactly the same way.

one section the amount of space they've made for upcoming SW stuff is huge.

they had those R2's down to $30 for a long time.
I would have gotten one if they had a camera in them. now like everything else- back to full price.
Raylen
Bounty Hunter

Postby Raylen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:03 pm

my nearest Walmart has a TON of stacked Han and Leia much like this pic but stacked up on the shelf. They are a small WM and got literally ONE case of Rogue One 6" figures since rogue friday. So I expect no new waves from them on 3 3/4" TBS. I'll be staring at these same figures 5 years from now.
Hasbro, I keep trying to give you my money. Why do you make it so hard?
StooperZero
Teras Kasi

Postby StooperZero » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:08 am

yeah, distribution is non-existent here.

a few weeks ago i ventured over to the benner pike walmart , the newest thing they had on the shelf was maskless kylo. The last time i got something there was when they had 1 scarif trooper . the 3 3/4" assortment was a bizzare collection of finns,leia and hans stacked well beyond 3' high on the top shelf.

Same story no matter where i go, they've ordered the stuff months ago and nothing shows . my local wm got 1 case- 1 of the first wave of the 40th figures. targets- all they seemed to get was cases full of leias and a larger wm way down the road they got 2 cases of wave 1 and 1 case of wave 2.

BUT... everything else hasbro/disney related never has a problem being well stocked with the latest waves.
Jodo
Force Sensitive

Postby Jodo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:17 am

That's a weird and interesting set up with them stocked horizontally like that. Pretty much everywhere here has Hans, Finns, Leias, and Phasmas stocked. We never received the Cas/Scariff wave ever, and no sign of the Ponda Baba wave either.

Carlyle Walmart has theirs down to $3, and they moved them to the clearance isle. Now the SW section consists of two pegs for lightsabers and that's it. For a VERY long time both the Mount Vernon and Carlyle Walmarts were stocked like that, and they didn't carry any other Star Wars product.

Even weirder was a very rural Walmart I visited one time because I was on a job site (back when I did concrete). I went back to their toy isle just to see what they had. It was two isles. 25% baby toys, 25% board games, 25% Barbies, and 25% farm toys. There wasn't a movie or action figure oriented toy to be found. It was super weird.
~ Jodo - Check out my latest photonovel as of August/20/17: Era of Darkness VOL 3: Chapter 1!
darthvaderdisco
Midi-Chlorian

Postby darthvaderdisco » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Dont get too excited about the Walmart reset. The bottom is marked "Star Wars Clearance" on the mod sheet. There are no plans to ship anymore previous waves of 3.75" figures. The entire toy department was reset for the autumn season in these stores, and the Star Wars section is is no different. Everything in that section is space filler until September 1st (save for the Force FX Lightsabers). Sorry to squash your hopes.

Return to “The Black Series: (2013-?)”