Discuss of Hasbro new line in the 3-3/4" scale & 6" scale

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

StooperZero wrote:nothings allowed out at all until the 13th at the big stores, inventory system has it locked out until midnight. Same here with chain stores raylen. Wahlgreens is like a special occasion since it basically entails an 80 mile round trip when i'm hitting up other places and the one I stop at typically doesn't have crap - unless you want TFA snowtroopers. I'll be in florida on the 13th so might as well see if I can be equally disappointed in warmer weather. :roll:

That may be the case. But check out the Toy Run FB page. People finding new stuff all over, and buying it. Sometimes getting it at clearance prices! My one buddy scored the entire VC wave (at a store we don't have here in PA) What drives me nuts isn't that others are finding deals. Good for them. I'll gladly pay full price. Its more like getting constant updates from the great party that you AREN'T at.... and even though you're told you're invited to the next one in a couple weeks, you no longer have ANY faith that's gonna happen. Seriously, distribution has been so schizophrenic over the past several years that I really don't know if I'll see the 3.75 VC line at all. That may sound a little over the top, but losing TRU means we have Walmart and Target. That's it. The nearest Walgreens is at least 30 minutes or more from me. No Fred Meyer. No Kroger. None of these oddball stores that sometimes carry figures. Gamestop MIGHT get the 3.75 VC but being that their merch tends towards the collector and 6" has been Hasbro's collector push for a few years, I don't hold out that they will either. Even if I do see 3.75" VC, the amount of repacks in the first wave means a good chance stores skip right over wave 2. ITS HAPPENED. I don't like 5 POA, so I've basically been waiting YEARS for Hasbro to start putting out stuff I actively want to buy. There was a point I almost walked away from the hobby. So, I think I've been patient enough. I'm just excited for the first time in many years, but also a little worried about distribution as its been the bane of this hobby for so long, and our area in particular. Isn't it lovely how much trucking and warehouses we have, yet the product just drives right through? I'm sure you'll have better luck in a state not called Pennsylvania! I bought a Snoke off a guy on FB today for $17. Better than maybe finding him in June sometime. I'm making his throne so need him in hand sooner rather than later.
By Jodo
All the K-Marts here are closed, so soon Toysrus will be the K-Mart around here too. :|

Raylen, I wonder if TVC figures will even show up when the Solo figures launch here in a few days. I actually don't expect to see them for a while. Honestly, I'll probably order a case of the ones that contain the Solo figures. For Wave 1 only really want Snoke, and I don't plan to hunt for it either.
Jodo wrote:All the K-Marts here are closed, so soon Toysrus will be the K-Mart around here too. :|

Raylen, I wonder if TVC figures will even show up when the Solo figures launch here in a few days. I actually don't expect to see them for a while. Honestly, I'll probably order a case of the ones that contain the Solo figures. For Wave 1 only really want Snoke, and I don't plan to hunt for it either.

Same here. I've already army built FO troopers and Rebel Hoth troopers, so Snoke was the only definite buy for me. I'd have gladly waited except i need him to make the throne. With Solo really not being a big merch push, i wouldn't be surprised if Walmart isnt even stocked with product at launch time. I'm not getting any Solo 6" 'cept the Range Trooper and easy pass on any 5 POA stuff.
Tarkin came in the mail today. Well, yesterday. He's everything I hoped he'd be. The "antiquated whip of a man" (thank you, Alan Dean Foster) in 6" figure form, plus the cool torture droid. :D

He looks awesome both next to Vader or flanked by a pair of Death Squad Commanders. 8)
Raylen wrote:
Jodo wrote:All the K-Marts here are closed, so soon Toysrus will be the K-Mart around here too. :|

Same here. I've already army built FO troopers and Rebel Hoth troopers, so Snoke was the only definite buy for me. I'd have gladly waited except i need him to make the throne. With Solo really not being a big merch push, i wouldn't be surprised if Walmart isnt even stocked with product at launch time. I'm not getting any Solo 6" 'cept the Range Trooper and easy pass on any 5 POA stuff.

Had they re-release been of the Hoth Officer, I would have been scrambling to get 4-5 of them...But I actually scored several of these Hoth Troopers a few years ago in a trade, so I'm not looking to army build them at all. I'm looking forward to seeing your Snoke throne. I'll definitely be getting one!
Alas, I didn't win the Palpatine. The bidding got a little too rich for my tastes. The secondary market prices for him range from just slightly more than I'm willing to pay to outright ridiculous. He's such a no-brainer for a re-release in the current line I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't done it yet.
Was out of town this weekend. Went to a Target nearby and found Tarkin. Never planned to pick him up but being that he was the only new figure there (was looking for Range Trooper) and he comes with the droid, I got suckered in. Great likeness.
Was looking for stuff at the Smithfield, North Carolina Walmart. Empty pegs except for a lone Jakku Finn. But I'm not going back there. Not for action figures, anyway. I swear to God there was what looked like a turd on one shelf. Probably stuck there by some kid, given the size. Disgusting. :?
Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

I've been following this challenge since it starte[…]

Well...I went looking for a pig...and ended up cat[…]

Tzizvvt Arleil Schous Melas Commander Bob Hudsol […]

1 Biggs Darklighter; Red 3 2 Wedge Antilles; Red 2[…]

Yakfinities #70 - Vote Now

Droids will be fun.

John Morog Customs

Realized there were some customs that I hadn't pos[…]

Yeah, I just joined that group...Did you see all […]

The dioramas for my own PN were always one of my f[…]