Discuss of Hasbro new line in the 3-3/4" scale & 6" scale

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By darthmac
YAK_Chewie wrote:I don't see it being very much more than $100.

:wink:

My guess is they will start north of $100 and after only a few sell drop the price like they did with the Endor set.
By DarthEddie
Although this one is going to be so popular with that new Jabba and other great figures that I can't imagine many of them will be left to be sold for less than $100 after the inevitable markdowns go into effect. This is one of those rare exclusives where I think a lot of us will buy at full price and gladly just to make sure they get the new Jabba.
By darthmac
DarthEddie wrote:Although this one is going to be so popular with that new Jabba and other great figures that I can't imagine many of them will be left to be sold for less than $100 after the inevitable markdowns go into effect. This is one of those rare exclusives where I think a lot of us will buy at full price and gladly just to make sure they get the new Jabba.

I mostly want it for the Rancor, a new Jabba, Gammorean and the others are just the gravy on top.
By YAK_Chewie
The Endor set started at $99.99

It's very comparable to this set, if not pretty much exact.

AT-ST = Rancor
4 Endor figures = Jabba
4 Endor figures = 4 Jabba's Palace figures

Why should this be higher? The Jabba is apparently a scaled down version of the 6" one. I'd almost argue this set should even cost LESS - not that it will, but Jabba doesn't have many complicated articulation points compared to 4 SA figures (which is where Hasbro claims their costing is going up).

By DarthEddie
darthmac wrote:I mostly want it for the Rancor, a new Jabba, Gammorean and the others are just the gravy on top.

That's my attitude about the set as well. The Jabba, Rancor and the TVC Gamorrean Guard are the main reasons I want it but the three other figures look great, too, and are some of the best Jabba's Palace repacks Hasbro could have chosen.
By DarthEddie
Mine still has about half a dozen of the Endor multipacks and they don't seem to be budging from shelves even at the reduced $79.99 price. It's a decent-enough set but just doesn't have enough that's exciting inside the box to get most people interested, at least not the collectors and kids in my area.
By DarthEddie
Same here. I like everything in the box.

I just don't feel like paying $80 to get extra copies of those specific releases and characters.
By DarthEddie
It would have probably disappeared and quickly.
By darthmac
Looks like this is a comic con exclusive, like the Han/greedy set from last year (or today still on the shelves). Evidently they have started to hit distribution centers and are priced at $130. A new pic is also posted in the forums at rebelscum.
By YAK_Chewie
darthmac wrote:Looks like this is a comic con exclusive, like the Han/greedy set from last year (or today still on the shelves). Evidently they have started to hit distribution centers and are priced at $130. A new pic is also posted in the forums at rebelscum.

I did a quick look there but didn't see what you're referring to...?

EDIT - now that I'm at a PC, I see what were referring to. Here's a snip of it:

For the full shot, head to the RS forums, where forum member Holographic_Elvis posted some details and of course a full size image.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110514-35/

$130 for this? Wow. I have a 20% off coupon I could use that expires June 30, or wait for a sale if they don't get them in at TRU that early. He also did mention some details about SDCC having them too, which is kind of silly for that huge of a box.

By DarthEddie
$130 makes sense for what's inside the box. The Rancor alone would probably run more than $50 these days with current prices being what they are, and once you add all the desirable TVC repacks and the brand-new Jabba the set would cost about that much.
By YAK_Chewie
I think it's overpriced.

Rancor... let's say $50 in today's market
TVC repacks... $40 for the group if going by TRU still keeping figures at $10

So, that's $95... should the Jabba really be $40? He's a smaller version of the 6" figure. It just seems kind of excessive.

The good thing, is at this price, they should not be too hard to find...!

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)