Discuss of Hasbro new line in the 3-3/4" scale & 6" scale

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

Recently I started a topic with the subject of what your guys' favorite (and least favorite) figure from the TFA was. (Check that Topic out if you haven't. I would like to know your opinion)!
Now, to follow up that topic I ask you this....What 3.75 Black Series figure do you love the most? and which one(s) do you hate the most?
Let me know in the comments below!
Hmmmm, from the overall TSB line? I'd have to say that my favorite figure would be either Darth Plagueis or Mosep. I expect those might be some of the very last obscure character we get...

As for least favorite, that C-3PO comes to mind, the one with the removable panels. That or the Clone Commander Wolffe figure because it was so freaking short. Had that figure been properly sized I would have purchased several because I love the design, but I didn't buy one. I just don't understand how that sculpt got finalized and no one noticed it was so out of scale. :|
Jodo wrote:Hmmmm, from the overall TSB line? I'd have to say that my favorite figure would be either Darth Plagueis or Mosep. I expect those might be some of the very last obscure character we get...

As for least favorite, that C-3PO comes to mind, the one with the removable panels. That or the Clone Commander Wolffe figure because it was so freaking short. Had that figure been properly sized I would have purchased several because I love the design, but I didn't buy one. I just don't understand how that sculpt got finalized and no one noticed it was so out of scale. :|

I'm surprised you didn't like Wolffe, because that's my favourite TBS figure!
Yeah, the height is off but if you get him in a lowered position he looks fine.

And my least favourite would probably be that stupid ROTJ Darth Vader that was recently repacked, he can't even hold his Lightsabre.
Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:Good: Mosep, Plagueis, Ree-Yees, Pablo-Jill, Brock Starsher, Carbonite Block
Meh: Over-production of pilot figures, Most of the first few waves of repacks
WTF?: What-Big-Eyes-You-Have Dagobah Luke

WIP...

That look did look pretty bad with the Robo arms, and yes, the eyes did look terrible.
Mosep, is really cheap on Amazon at the moment....Maybe I should order it.
Darth Vlad's Clone wrote:Good: Mosep, Plagueis, Ree-Yees, Pablo-Jill, Brock Starsher, Carbonite Block
Meh: Over-production of pilot figures, Most of the first few waves of repacks
WTF?: What-Big-Eyes-You-Have Dagobah Luke

WIP...

Okay, I've had a little time to work on this a bit more. Here's some stats on my Black Series purchases:

Orange series: I bought 13 of 29 figures
Blue series: I bought 5 out of 20 figures, but 7 total.
Red series: I bought 9 out of 13 figures... I bet you can guess which 4 I didn't buy.

I think 12 figures were repacks so there were 50 figures and I bought 27, not including dups for customs. If my math is correct, I bought 54% of new figure offerings. It's not a good number, for Hasbro's sake, but i bought most of the new figures (I'm not a big fan of skittle clones and their various designs) and not repacks or resulpts of most figures. Price jump and space limitations doesn't help. Plus most updates aren't of interest to me. There were a couple new updated figures that I was very interested in buying but the final product was left lacking: notably Dagobah Luke and Yoda. Plus, the super-articulated Yoda for the premium brand ended up being a 5 POA figure for twice the price of the 5 POA line. I felt cheated and protested with my wallet.

So my favorite is: Mosep with Plagueis, Pablo-Jill, Ree-Yees, Carbonite Block, Vizam, Toryn Farr, Ceremony Leia as runners-up
Best accessories: Binders from Pre-Carbonite Han
Could have been so beautiful: Boussh... Scaled down from 6" yet had to mold the thermal detonator in her hand... The Saga 2 version trumps it with that feature and her miscolored boots, Wampa face Luke (Thought the face on the Saga one SA better), Dagobah Test Vader/Luke (wasn't enough to get me buy this), Brock Starsher (he could have used some chest articulation. He seems to be hunched over even when standing straight up)
What was Hasbro thinking?: Dagobah Luke and his eyes, Yoda and his lack of articulation, Chewie's shorts, not making Biggs a pack-in for his X-Wing, too many Rebel pilots, Bespin Vader with the retro Saga 2002 blaster effect
Fail: TVC C-3PO repack. I hate this version, but am in the minority, I think. I'd prefer a BAD version. So bad it belongs in the following cat agora as well.
Never want to see this figure again: Arena Battle Padme. Not that I hate the figure, I'm just tired of seeing this version rehashed every other year. I know this is action figure/aggressive negotiations Padme, but with some many unmade outfits of hers, I'd like to see different ones explored, especially the Picnic Or Naboo Lake scenes.

Okay, I think I'll quit there.
Walmart and TVC

Picked up my final Tank Driver a few night ago tha[…]

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Really looking forward to the next wave with Becke[…]

Community fodder box...

Does anyone know what size box we are using right […]

ImperialOfficer's customs

Ugh, I have finished so many customs and haven't h[…]

Fodder Alert!

Might be a long shot, but if anyone has Neca Preda[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS