A 3.75-inch action figure line supporting the upcoming animated series

Moderators: YAK_Jayson, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Jayson
StarWars.com has revealed the Inquisitor figure coming from Hasbro for the Star Wars Rebels line

I really like the design aesthetic and I don't mind in the least that the line is only 5 POA. Better they started this route than start super-artculated and slowly take POA away. And remember, just because this version is 5 POA, doesn't mean there won't be a super-articulated version at some point.
By Paulskywalker
5 POA killed the CWs line, so lets start a new one with it.
By CaptainYoda
Paulskywalker wrote:5 POA killed the CWs line, so lets start a new one with it.

I thought it was the endless Anakins and Obi-Wans. I like the look of this new figure.
By Raylen
And the sound of 501st members working on new armor begins!

5 POA.... Hasbro can keep it. Gotta say though that the character looks more interesting here than in the screen shot we saw. I'm also very surprised that we got the reveal this early versus waiting for Toy Fair, specially with how quiet it has been with any sort of SW news. And then to do it kinda under the radar with no hoopla. Just weird imo.
By Paulskywalker
CaptainYoda wrote:
Paulskywalker wrote:5 POA killed the CWs line, so lets start a new one with it.

I thought it was the endless Anakins and Obi-Wans. I like the look of this new figure.

Well both really. Either way the figure looks nice, but sadly I doubt i'll get it because of the 5POA.

I just read the article again, it says 'SW Rebels Saga Legends line'. I wonder if we will get a limited number of articulated figures outside the legends to please collectors?
By YAK_Chewie
Oh Lord, this is one of the most hideous villain figures I've ever seen in Star Wars.

I don't know what's weaker... the character design by the folks at Lucasfilm, or the execution of the figure by Hasbro.

We saw how poor that animated design DC figures sold with limited articulation... this doesn't look much better than this stuff:

From what I recall,that stuff did so poorly that the few people out there that actually did like them couldn't even complete the playset because stores wouldn't order past the first wave.

:|
By Grimace
I wish it didn't look so cartoony

at this point I'm still more interested to see what kinds of vehicles will get made
I was loving the deluxe mini rig line until the repacks nearly killed that off too
By darth_sidious
I actually like the figure, and I'm glad to see the animated style back - as I really enjoyed the CW figures. I don't think the 5 POA will hurt sales - kids will clear these off the pegs at $6, and many collectors will as well. I think the 2012 CW line would have been a big success, had Hasbro released NEW characters with 5 POA, rather than old characters and repaints with limited articulation. I firmly believe that its the new and exciting characters that draw people in...
By YAK_Chewie
Grimace wrote:I wish it didn't look so cartoony

at this point I'm still more interested to see what kinds of vehicles will get made
I was loving the deluxe mini rig line until the repacks nearly killed that off too

Yep, repacks are the damnation of the Star Wars line. I get it that some are necessary, but Hasbro overdoes it to no end.

:wink:
By YAK_Chewie
darth_sidious wrote:I actually like the figure, and I'm glad to see the animated style back - as I really enjoyed the CW figures. I don't think the 5 POA will hurt sales - kids will clear these off the pegs at $6, and many collectors will as well. I think the 2012 CW line would have been a big success, had Hasbro released NEW characters with 5 POA, rather than old characters and repaints with limited articulation. I firmly believe that its the new and exciting characters that draw people in...

I'm not a fan of animated styling. I think Hasbro would appeal to a broader audience if they went with $8.00 range figures, with a bit more articulation, and in realistic styling.

:wink:
By darthcrassus
I'm not even a fan of the sculpt. At least the old POTF2 figures had style. They only had 5 POA, but they were often posed in more natural poses or action poses. These newer Hasbro 5 POA figures look stiff and unnatural, like old toy wooden soldiers. For this Sith Inquisitor, I'd have liked him a lot better if at least the arms were a bit bent. That would also allow him to hold the lightsaber in something like a fighting stance, as opposed to by his side where he's likely to cut of a leg.
By Paulskywalker
I also don't like the sabre, it just looks impractical.
Walmart and TVC

Picked up my final Tank Driver a few night ago tha[…]

Solo: 3.75" Figures Revealed

Really looking forward to the next wave with Becke[…]

Community fodder box...

Does anyone know what size box we are using right […]

ImperialOfficer's customs

Ugh, I have finished so many customs and haven't h[…]

Fodder Alert!

Might be a long shot, but if anyone has Neca Preda[…]

Yakfinities #69 - CRIMINALS

Thanks for everyone's patience on the roundup repo[…]