customs by Luke Sprywalker

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

LukeSprywalker
Scavenger

customs by Luke Sprywalker

Postby LukeSprywalker » Mon May 05, 2008 8:46 pm

Hello everyone, I am new here but been doing customs for a while and posting at RS. I have been lurking here and like these forums so wanted to start posting.

I will start things off with some of my cantina customs.

Ben Kenobi

Wuher

Sai'torr Kal Fas and Hrcheck Kal Fas

Yerka Mig

Last edited by LukeSprywalker on Thu May 22, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm

Great to see your work here at the Yak... I've been a fan of your work for a while now. You've shown some great improvement as your painting skills are becoming some of the best in the hobby, which really shows with your Wuher... easily the best rendition of him that I've seen... love th articulated elbows.

:wink:
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Tue May 06, 2008 2:45 pm

great work. i have to echo chewie in saying that whuer is my fav of the bunch, he looks very grimey and weathered terifficly!, im super impressed with your skills in adding shoulder joints to whuer and obiwan, you should consider doing a tutorial on that technique. your saurin customs and mig are great as well and will make some very cool backround charecters for a contina or just about any other dio you might put together! :)
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
LukeSprywalker
Scavenger

Postby LukeSprywalker » Thu May 08, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Chewie and Jedi Style. Glad you guys liked my version of Wuher...I have quite a few more finished cantina guys to post and a few more in the works.

Rycard Ryjerd

Lak Sivrak

Wolfman #2

Dr. Evazien

Corellian Pirate (unnamed)

Labria

Gregorbian
Scavenger

Postby Gregorbian » Fri May 09, 2008 4:18 pm

These are a great batch of Cantina patrons! You really matched a lot of the reference images accurately. You certainly have an eye for details! I can't wait to see what else you have in store.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
And whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.
LukeSprywalker
Scavenger

Postby LukeSprywalker » Mon May 12, 2008 7:16 am

Thanks for the kind words Greg. Today I will post some of my older customs that have never been seen here. Thay have been previously posted at RS.

First up is a more accurate/ able to sit at his table Das Puhr. I did this about a year ago and will most likely redo this one at some point with the moisture farmer Luke arms.

Next up, also from last year, I was working on better articulation for the Cantina Band. Still a wip...

Melas

Not so happy with Melas...I was out of dull coat and used a krylon sealer and it turned out a bit glossy and tacky. May have to redo him as well.
Darth Kikinou
Sith Lord

Postby Darth Kikinou » Mon May 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Jeebus these are great! It'd never occur to me to try to enhance an existing mold but here you did it, far and away blowing away the stock Hasbro versions, well done!!
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.photonovelalliance.com
The Guardians of Peace and Justice
Episode iii: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Mon May 12, 2008 3:09 pm

great work luke sprywalker, your cantina patrons continue to amaze. i really like the upgraded lak sivrak, the wash on his pants is great! the das phur also looks very cool and has much improver articulation, though he definetley needs on of your ignature washes, mabey a dingy grey of somthing similar on the sleeves. other wise creative and well done work! :)

do you have a cantina diothat you'll be putting all these great customs in?
=JeDiStYlE= "iT's OnLy aFtEr wE'vE LoSt eVeRyThInG, tHaT wE aRe FrEe tO dO aNyThInG......"

*In search of an HK-47 right arm if anyone has one they are willing to part with, thanks.
blaster_e11
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby blaster_e11 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:27 am

awesome, i like to see more cantina patrons, added articulation is cool too
jlw515
Droid

Postby jlw515 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:19 am

Spry,

I've commented on some of these on RS. Again your customs are great!

One question though for everybody, can it be confirmed that Rycard Ryjerd had a moustache? I know that a lot of people customize him with one, but I can't really see one. There is that pic of him from the Decipher game, but I think they doctored it up a bit.

I wish LFL would release some more production photos of the Cantina patrons.

Jason
LukeSprywalker
Scavenger

Postby LukeSprywalker » Tue May 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Thanks again for the kind words. Man do I wish I had a cantina diorama to put these guys in. I take pics of most all my customs in front of my Jabba's palace. As far as Rycard Ryjerd's moustache, I see what you are saying...he may not have one. I didn't look at that as much I guess, I think every custom of him I have seen he has one. I'll have to say I took it for granted that it was there...the more I look at the ref pic I don't think he has one. Great observation.

Just took pics of my latest patron and I'll try to get them up later tonight. It is one I have never seen anyone try before.
LukeSprywalker
Scavenger

Postby LukeSprywalker » Tue May 13, 2008 9:40 pm

OK, this is what I have been working on while posting the older customs. He can be found at the cantina and with Jabba as he puts a little pressure on Han for his debts. The ref pic isn't that great but that does allow you to be a little creative with some of the choices you make.

blaster_e11
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby blaster_e11 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:04 am

very nice

i like it alot, that's the kind of customs i had in mind when i bought POTC fodder, bulkier characters are always interesting and bring variety in customizing
jedistyle
fALLeN jEdI

Postby jedistyle » Wed May 14, 2008 1:51 pm

thats a great custom spry! your a cantina charecter madman...... :wink:

id really like to see a recipe for this one, the belt and all the pouches look great as does the rest, did you sculpt the facial hair? again well done.

LukeSprywalker
Scavenger

Postby LukeSprywalker » Wed May 14, 2008 8:22 pm

Thanks guys, here are the parts used. Legs and head are from the Golden Compass, the guard with the hat. I cut off the hat and sculpted the hair and added to the existing beard. Torso and arms are Salma from the new Indiana Jones line. The top coat is from the monkey man from the same line. The holster is from cold weather Kenobi backpack, Pirates of the Carabian, and 2 different generic figures that I cut the ammo packs off of.

Return to “Creations”