Image Image Image Image Image

Sith_fire30 10/1/2012 ALIEN / PROMETHEUS and MORE! p22!

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

sith_fire30
Moisture Farmer

Sith_fire30 10/1/2012 ALIEN / PROMETHEUS and MORE! p22!

Postby sith_fire30 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:07 pm

1/22/2011

I made a comment on the scum boards about setting a record for posting two completed pieces in one moth - incredible for me isn't it HA!!

Hope all is haveing a great day - I have completed my Dass Jennir and H2 from the Dark Horse comic series Dark Times! I have a TON of images posted on my blog Sith_fire30 Creations as well as some explainations on what went into creating the figures so please be sure to stop by and check it out :)

Image Image

Image Image

Need to see more? Additional images of Dass and H2 are located on my Flickr photostream as well as additional works in progress.

Check out my facebook page, sith_fire30 creations...over 200 fans and counting! Thanks too all of you of course. Love the feedback- keep the ideas coming!

As always guys, questions and suggestions, please don't hesitate to conatct me :)

sith_fire30

Oh and by the way - you know I had to get to work on this guy...

***********************************************************************************************************

1/9/2011

Happy New Year!

Fans of the Dark Horse comic series, Knights of the Old Republic will want to check out my latest blog entry to see the completed Zayne Carrick in Spacesuit from issue number 4 (part four of Commencement). Sith_fire30 Creations

Sith_fire30 Creations

Additional images of Zayne are located on my Flickr photostream as well as additional works in progress.

Also become a fan of my facebook page, sith_fire30 creations...which is approaching 200 fans! Thanks for all the interest in my work!

As always guys, questions and suggestions, please don't hesitate to conatct me :)

sith_fire30

12/27/2010

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and are ready for the New Years celebrations!

Been working hard to reach a stopping point in my sculpting before returning to paints so here are some final works in progress images of recent work :)

I've updated my blog with a how to tutorial on using Neodymium magnets to create removable armor. The example I used is that of my Darth Stryfe sculpt from the Dark Horse comic series Legacy. Be sure to check it out :)

Neodymium magnet tutorial

With the magnets a success, I have begun working on the detailing - I will soon begin work on the armor for the back.

ImageImage

I have also been working on the head and chest armor sculpt of Darth Malgus - from the upcoming Lucasarts/Bioware game, The Old Republic...

ImageImage

For Malgus, there will be three head sculpts - clean and battle damaged as seen in the Hope Trailer and the respirator sculpt as seen in the Decieved Trailer.

I am also working on completing the upper body and head sculpt of my Starkiller Cybernetic Reconstruction - a costume provided as a DLC bonus from The Force Unleashed.

Below are images testing tube fit, size and positioning - the tubes will be removed to complete the sculpt but will be added when the painted version is finished.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Plenty more images of my recent work can be found posted on my Flickr photostreamas well as my facebook page, sith_fire30 creations...which is slowly but surely approaching 200 fans! If you like what you see and want to stay up to date on my work, please hit the "like" button and become a fan:)

Now back to painting for awhile - and finally get some more finished pieces posted! A couple final images I wish to share - began working on one of the headsculpts to the Tonnika Sisters...the tight hair braiding...thank God for a magnifier! LOL!

HAPPY NEW YEAR if I don't post before this weekend!!!

ImageImage

sith_fire30

12/16/2010

Hey Guys! Happy Holidays!!!

Please visit my blog for an update on one of my many works in progress...thought that I should focus on an individual piece from time to time.

Sith_fire30 Creations

For this entry...

Will be posting an additional update soon on other works in progress and the status of final pieces. If you can't wait, check out my Flickr photostream for all the latest works in progress as well as my facebook page, sith_fire30 creations...which is approaching 200 fans! If you haven't become a fan yet, take a moment to visit and click the like button..thanks in advance! You guys rock!

Thanks again - Questions and suggestions, please don't hesitate to conatct me :)

sith_fire30

11/24/2010

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all enjoy the long weekend!

Hard to believe that a year ago last week I posted my first Female Jedi Master figure - Aayla Secura. Now a year later, my second lady Jedi is set to be revealed - Jedi Master Sian Jeisel from the Dark Horse comics series Star Wars: Republic. And just like Aayla, Sian was created by renowned comic book writer John Ostrander & artist Jan Duursema. Just a bit a trivia, the name "Sian" is actually the name of Jan Duursema's daughter but somehow got mixed up with the characters official name when Sian Duursema was photographed wearing the character's jedi costume. Not a bad Jedi to be associated with so I'm sure the "real" Sian is proud.

My blog update this evening has pleanty of additional images of Jeisel as well as a bunch of updates on upcoming figures in various stages of completion...

Sith_Fire30 Creations

..and my Flickr photostream has EVEN MORE images!

Sith_Fire30 's Photostream

Hope you enjoy! Updates are lined up for the next couple months so stay tuned for more! As always, comments and suggestions are appreciated!

By the way...finally began work on the Tonnika Sisters :)

sith_fire30

10/31/2010

Happy Halloween!

As promised - My Master Jedi Luke Skywalker: Seige of Rychel - Ivasion is complete and live. Check out my blog for the update...

Sith_Fire30 Creations

..and my Flickr photostream for over 50 images!

Hope you enjoy! More updates coming soon - next week in fact. As always, comment and suggestions are appreciated!

Don't eat too much candy tonight!!!

10/26/2010

...much more! Hey guys! I just updated my blog with some news on upcoming FINISHED pieces...that's right, FINISHED!

Sith_Fire30 Creations

Looks like I will have up to 5 maybe 6 figures to present to you in the coming month of November and am very excited to finally show some complete work.

One of the pieces I am looking forward to showing you is this...

Sorry dudes about the teaser - no peaking LOL! Luke will be making his debut on Halloween along with (I hope) my completed Yuuzhan Vong Warrior. I have several other figures reaching completion but probably not by Halloween but definately in the coming few weeks.

Alright - I'm freaking out! My work has been featured in issue 121 of the Star Wars Insider...out now!!!

I haven't seen it yet but was told that I have almost two full pages devoted to my figures/interview - I was contacted by Bonnie Burton (thank you Bonnie!) at Lucasfilm months ago about my work - I never dreamed that it would turn out like this!! I'm officially in print...and it's a Star Wars periodical no doubt! - It's an awesome feeling! I hope you guys will check it out :)

Check out more details and additonal photos on my Flickr photostream when you have time.

I've reached over 100 likes to my facebook page - Sith_fire30 Creations!!

Thank you guys so much for the fan support. I've got some big news for the new year that many of you may find exciting...I will let you know more as 2011 nears.

As always, questions and comments are welcome - e-mail me, PM me...you know the drill. I appreciate all.

See ya on Halloween!!

10/6/2010

More updates! Anyway - I have completed 5 sculpts and all are ready to be painted. Wanted to give you guys a pre-paint preview of the figures you will see 100% completed in the next few weeks...

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker - Invasion

Jedi Dass Jennir and H2 (not pictured) - Dark Times

Zayne Carrick in Spacesuit - Knights of the Old Republic

Furlag: Bounty Hunter - Shadows of the Empire

Yuuzahn Vong Warrior #1 - Invasion

Check out more details and additonal photos on my blog and my Flickr photostream when you have time.

Sith_Fire30 Creations

I hope to post updates and finished pieces within the next few weeks. Thanks for your continued interest in my work and all the comments and suggestions :)

By the way...Just a quick update on a couple of head sculpts I have finalized for two upcoming figures. Someone mentioned that I should do a Skorr figure (the bounty hunter from Ord Mantell)...well, that was what I was thinking as well...and for awhile too...this head sculpt began years ago but wasn't finalized and refined until the other day.

More pics can be found on my Flickr photostream...

Also thought I would work on some new Mandalorians - one which I found unique, so unique he is only shown in one panel of the Star Wars Dark Times comics book...an Advozse Mandalorian (no name given) sent to hunt for Dass Jennir. Headsculpt is complete...

Thanks again for taking the time to look guys!

sith_fire30

9/27/2010

Almost 2 months since my last update? Well...things have been a bit hectic since a week or two before Celebration 5. A family loss, rennovations to the house...some good, some bad - but finally back on track - sorry for my absence. Though I've been able to post updates to my facebook page, Flickr and my blog - I hope to get more consistent in my postings on the boards. Anyway - I have returned to working on Metal Gear Solid figures :) Been almost a year since I tabled them to persue other projects...

My latest blog update (with images) can be found here..

Sith_Fire30 Creations

STAR WARS UPDATE - Completed the sculpt of my Jedi Master Luke Skywalker from invasion, as well as the first of many Vong Warriors. I will begin painting them soon.

I am also working on finishing up Mazzic's head sculpt - Some of you have seen this piece, other the first time. I've began work on the body but only the upper torso.

MGS UPDATE - The next update for MGS will be posted in the general customs thread next time...just wanted to let you guys know what I'm working on.

Some updated images of below...many more can be found on my blog and on Flickr.

PMCs MGS4

Old Snake MGS4

Jonathan MGS4

Raiden MGS4

Vamp MGS4

Many more images of my work can be found on my Flick photostream

More updates on the way - Tonnika Sisters are a go! Also trying to wrap up many older pieces that have been close to completion. Have various other MGS characters in the works from Metal Gear Solid, Sons of Liberty etc...Commenst and suggestions are always welcome :)

I'm also on FACEBOOK!

Sith_Fire30 Creations FB page

if you wish to folllow along there...Thanks guys! Glad to be posting again :)

sith_fire30

7/30/2010

Hey guys! I've posted a new blog entry which features updates to my custom Darth Vader, Master Jedi Luke Skywalker from invasion, an Embo update and an introduction to my new custom sculpt, Nym from Starfighter.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Check it out!

Sith_Fire30 Creations

I'm also on FACEBOOK!

Hope to see you guys at Celebration V! Can't wait!!!

Thanks!

sith_fire30

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

6/25/2010

Hey guys!

Posted and update on my blog of my custom Embo: Bounty Hunter sculpt! Also included in the update is a small tutorial on one of the ways I create removable armor using FIXIT sculpt....

Check it out!

Sith_Fire30 Creations

I'm also on FACEBOOK!

A future update coming soon - working on some original trilogy figures, some Old Republic ideas and the Force Unleashed...of course I have a couple new Legacy Sith to introduce to you :)

Have a great weekend guys! - Who here is going to Celebration 5?

Thanks guys!

sith_fire30

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Last edited by sith_fire30 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 65 times in total.
Coookieemonster
Moisture Farmer

Postby Coookieemonster » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:54 pm

Excellent customs, look like what Gentle Giant would make, and not toys anymore, way cool.
"Wooooookkkkkiiiieeeee Coooookkkkkiiiiiieeeeesssss"
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Those are nothing short of works of art Sithfire... something that we all seem to expect out of you now! You are hands down the best sculptor I've seen in this hobby.

Weren't you working on some sort of playset a while back? If so, do you have any updated (or old) pics?

:wink:
sith_fire30
Moisture Farmer

Postby sith_fire30 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:10 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Weren't you working on some sort of playset a while back? If so, do you have any updated (or old) pics?

Thanks Chewie!

I sure am - the Sith temple from Star Wars Legacy. I'm also working on a Death Star Dio as well...it will be sectional, similar to what Owen's masterpieces.

I will have some pics up in the near future :)
TB9153
Scout Trooper

Postby TB9153 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:37 pm

very nice! :D
sith_fire30
Moisture Farmer

Postby sith_fire30 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:43 am

Thanks! - Bump for update! Dr. Demagol...
Coookieemonster
Moisture Farmer

Postby Coookieemonster » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:02 pm

Looking forward to seeing the Death Star Dio,
"Wooooookkkkkiiiieeeee Coooookkkkkiiiiiieeeeesssss"
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Your talent is mind boggling Sithfire... have you ever considered making a photonovel?

Arc_Trooper77
Alpha-Class Arc Trooper

Postby Arc_Trooper77 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:02 pm

Totally badass. :wink: Just one question about the good Dr. Is he human or what?
Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
Darth Depressis
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby Darth Depressis » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:52 pm

as usual you have delivered stellar and otherwordly craftsmanship. if only lfl would grant you a liscense.
sith_fire30
Moisture Farmer

Postby sith_fire30 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:24 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Your talent is mind boggling Sithfire... have you ever considered making a photonovel?

Oh My - When would I find the time (wipes brow) :)
sith_fire30
Moisture Farmer

Postby sith_fire30 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Arc_Trooper77 wrote:Totally badass. :wink: Just one question about the good Dr. Is he human or what?

Good question..and that is the mystery...Dark Horse has found it not neccessary to lend his origin...which helps the creepy factor in my opinion...remember when we all though DarthVader was some sort of alien underneath the armor wack in the early 80s? Am I dating myself?...eee gads...
sith_fire30
Moisture Farmer

Postby sith_fire30 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:28 pm

Thanks you guys! Replys to some of your questions abouve as well as a Bump for my next custom, Quinlan Vos as a Dark Acolyte!
Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:40 pm

GREAT SCOTT! Again your work never seizes to amaze us, Sithfire. Now that I'm using Fixit quite a bit myself, I have even more admiration for your skills with that stuff.

Demagol is hands down my favourite of this group. Only given a short amount of play time in the comics, but he sure did leave his mark. Pretty nasty bugger and the sinister look is captured in a great way by your sculpting, painting and photography skills.

A new Vos by you is always a thrill. His angry look still looks amazing, but his wind blown hair really nails this new version. Great stuff, man. Nice to see Villie in the background there :twisted:

Can't wait to see more of mr. Nihl, details in that pic look dazzling!

Mara Jade is sporting a tremendous outfit and has killer paint apps. But there's something off with her face. Don't know what it is, but that face reminds me a bit of er..... Eric Roberts :? Still, with her hood on, it isn't that destracting.

So, any news on Zayne? :wink:
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
DanOfTheDead

Postby DanOfTheDead » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:07 pm

If you can believe, I think I like your amazing photography even more than your flawless sculpting and painting.

You get some really great, moody shots, and they're so clean. Doesn't hurt to have such photogenic subjects though!

Return to “Creations”