Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By YAK_Chewie
Michael! Great to see more work from you over here.

The Jaxxon looks awesome, you really nailed it. I remember your earlier version, which was great, but this one is even better - especially the paint job. A Darth Sinister head sculpt I am guessing?

Amaiza Foxtrain looks really interesting so far, not sure I'm familiar with the character though? She almost reminds me of the female android from Blade Runner for some reason, but I'm guessing that's not who this is.

:wink:
By Michael
Actually now that you mention it chewie it does look like Pris from Bladerunner, however it aint her it's a modern day version of this character. With my own unique twist just in case Hasbro goes and decides to release her.

This is the version I hope Hasbro releases down the line.

And this is the one the head is based off.

And thank you for the kind words Dan it means a lot coming from proper customizers, I don't consider myself a proper customizer yet as I am still learning, but I think I am off to a good start, lol.
Here are some of the promised updates (people may have already seen these though):
Some Military Robot (Still a WIP):

Pirate Overlord Bloth:

Some random Female ISB Agent:

Shalla Nalprin (Wraith Squadron):

Tobbi Wang (My wife's idea, she said oooh you can call him after Obi-One and he is a Foo Dog):
I am actually hoping for a new Gamorrean Guard so he can hold the leash of this thing.

Some random Imperial Slaver:

Some Random Alien Crimelord (Rebelscum has a parts box going round and these next few are from that part box):

R5-D0 (From the same box):

One of Jabbas Guards (From the same box):

Thorpe (From the same box):

Aqualish Thug:

Twi'lek Priest:
And my 3 newest ones

Dreadnok Captain Zartan (Yes the G.I. Joe Dreadnoks are going to be appearing in my Star Wars universe):
I am working on a backstory for them and individual write-ups as well.

Dreadnok Zanzibar (Hey I saw the Camel and Zanzibar popped into my head):

Kirtan Loor:
Now I don't know what happened to his eyes because they are normal in the real world, my camera just decided he had to have ghost eyes I guess.
Hey Michael,

I really like the characters from the very old Star Wars Marvel comic. Really great sculpting and good variations of the Maris Brood figure. I would only suggest to give the old Jedi Master a different paint job as he appears to wear a more metallic kind of armour. Just an idea though.

The other figures are also good but that Yakface guy is excellent. Really awesome paint job. And it is nice to see that you made a very cool-looking Twi'lek figure out of a Vintage Emperor Palpatine. Kudos!
Darth Phantom wrote:Hey Michael,

I really like the characters from the very old Star Wars Marvel comic. Really great sculpting and good variations of the Maris Brood figure. I would only suggest to give the old Jedi Master a different paint job as he appears to wear a more metallic kind of armour. Just an idea though.

There is a reason why Don Whan is like that, and your right if I was doing straight up customs of them I would have went for a metallic kind of look for him, but I am trying to give a modern update to all the Marvel characters but still keep the essence of the character there, if you notice Amaiza and Effie aren't the same they are updated versions of them - so for Don Whan I decided to read his background and found out he was a librarian in the Jedi Archives with minor force ability, and that he pinched some armor from the Archives as well or something like that so I immediately thought of Ben Kenobi and his togs and I think it works, as a clone wars general outfit seeing thats what is/was.

And thank you everyone for the kind words and I promise there is more where these come from.
There is three guys (well Four) who inspired my work and the ability to become better, the fourth one is the caster of most of the heads I have used, and that's Darth Sinister from rebelscum - the three painters I have followed and look forward to seeing work from are You Chewie, Spectre and Luke Sprywalker - and I want to throw an Honorary shout out to Dan of the Dead.

Быстро и качественно работают, рекомендуем! ле[…]

TVC Desert Skiff

I would have never even thought about that! Actu[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

$2.50 is cheap - great price. Which Walmart? Di[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]