Image Image Image Image Image

Peakob1's Customs

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Peakob1
Nerf Herder

Peakob1's Customs

Postby Peakob1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Hello Everyone
Hope you have been enjoying all the goodies I have been throwing out, as you know I'm a droids fan, a fordo fan and I am most certainly a Clone wars fan both currant and micro series. I'm going to be taking a bit of a break at customizing for a little while because my parts are starting to run low and with the resent news that Hasbro will be raising there prices i cant buy to many extras and the selection is kind of slim pickings right now, but those of you who are fans of my customs fear not, i will be back before long dropping some new customs for all to behold.

So here is the most resent custom i have done, another one of those "wish I had him so I just thought I would make him kind of situation"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

For those who might not be familiar with him He is the droid wizard on I-ego that helps Anakin and OB1 in the episode mystery of a thousand moons.... i'm also including one of his re-purposed battle droids.

Take care all
Peakob1
Hey everyone I recently acquired a excellent digital camera so hopefully I will be able to send some pictures over to the forums of the many customs I have done in the past. Like I have explained in many forums I 'm an open collector and I try to customize my entire collection to make it personalized to me.

So here goes my first custom I will send is none other then Yakface him self

This is a custom I did back in 2006

I will send some more overthe weekend so... Enjoy! :D
Last edited by Peakob1 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: Custom Yakface by Peakob1

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Looks really nice, I especially like the extended shoulder collars - very well done.

Great job painting the face as well - look forward to more of your customs - please feel free to continue to add them to this thread. :)

:wink:
Peakob1
Nerf Herder

Re: Peakob1's Customs

Postby Peakob1 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:41 pm

General Grievous is my favorite character from the Clone wars and the prequel era for that matter.
I had a lot of trouble with this guy always falling over so I decided to make some additional articulation to is legs
I have 2 versions of him the first is what I call my action general with 22 points of articulation and fulling transforming arms like the legacy version.
The second is grievous with super wrist articulation, this one is closer to what they just came out with, though I heard it might have trouble standing also.If anyone out there is dying to know how to get him to stand I will let you in on a little secret, it's called the "General Grievous Key chain"Both the feet and the head are larger more accurate to what he should look like.
ImageImage
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:05 pm

That Grievous looks great, far better than what I've seen Hasbro release. Awesome paint scheme too, especially around the eyes.

:wink:
Incom
Jedi / Sith Apprentice

Postby Incom » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Very nice work there, and your new camera works perfect!
Follow me around the web
ImageImage
Squirepec7
Scavenger

Postby Squirepec7 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:42 pm

That greivous is awesome. I WANT 1. hehe seriously though great job.
THE CHRONICLES OF ORION COMPANY. READ IT!!
julianmaurice
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby julianmaurice » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:35 am

Both customs are fantastic, Grevious looks like a much larger scale figure as you've got the detailing just right. One of the best I've seen.
Peakob1
Nerf Herder

Postby Peakob1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Thanks everyone these were a lot of work for sure!
lots and lots of parts... :D
Peakob1
Nerf Herder

Postby Peakob1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Here are some customs I have been working on lately. I hope we see some kind of death squad commander at some point in the collection
Like I said to some of my friends over at JD who knows what kenner was thinking when they made this guy
Weather or not it's movie accurate this is what I imagine my DSC would look like.
I removed the badge because both the source material and the vintage card back had him without one, but I bet he never had big black gloves either. With a few other embellishments of my own this is what I came up with. I also gave him an antenna on his helmet and a back headphone wire that connects to is belt. all the wires the helmet and the mouth com are removable.

ImageImage

The Tarkin is really easy to make, I added a few more additions to his badge repainted him and used an old POTF2 head dremmled out to fit the Needa body

hopefully we get a New hope tarkin soon. I would love to have one in the vintage collection.
stormforce customs
Nerf Herder

Postby stormforce customs » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Nice work man ! Your paints are so realistic great stuff.
"For my ally is the force and a powerful ally it is" Yoda: Jedi Grand Master.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Peakob1
Nerf Herder

Postby Peakob1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:50 pm

Yeah those are called Citadel Color
I think they are the paints you use on those Warhammer mini figures
I have not used anything else since I got my hands on some of these
they look like little trash cans clear plastic with a black lids. :lol:
Darth Phantom
Pod Racer

Postby Darth Phantom » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey Peakob1,

I can only join the people who have given you praise for your great work:
Excellent paint jobs, especially the facial details of your custom figures shown are extraordinarily nice.
Really love the Tarkin you made. Looks like P. Cushing, the actor in the very first SW movie.
Hasbro should consider your work when making new versions of those characters. Kudos!
Peakob1
Nerf Herder

Postby Peakob1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 am

Wow that's a very nice honor to say! I appreciate it. :D
Being a customizer though some times it funny because I feel like Hasbro snuck in into my house in the middle of the night
and put a microphone somewhere stealing all the ideas I have for new customs and new toy product ideas in general. I would love to work for them if you have any ties?

I laugh around this time because when all the new figures come out for the year, I decide which figures have to be retired not just from redo's that the big H does but the customs I do as well. Those grev's I just posted wont be going anywhere even though I will get a bunch of the new version coming out just because I'm a fan of the Good General! :P
Peakob1
Nerf Herder

Postby Peakob1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:23 am

Here's what I'm taking about...
I was so darn happy when Hasbro brought Paploo back out but used one of the smaller bodies to make him, so before I go on I want to say THANKS hasbro for making such an awesome Paploo! BUT... He was just OK and not perfect in my book.
Here is my version of the new Pap with a larger body and some added feathers and paint to make him just a little more awesome being my favorite of all the ewoks I feel like I nailed it. I also Have a comparison photo

ImageImageImage

I'm sure I will be retiring my SA version of wicket when the new version comes out this year too! :P
DanOfTheDead

Postby DanOfTheDead » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:44 am

Really great stuff. Love your paint work!

Return to “Creations”