www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 6/07/17

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 04/07/12

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Cool, those parts go really well together!

:wink:
DarthDaddy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 04/07/12

Postby DarthDaddy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:56 am

Thanks Justin :)

This is a really quickly put together custom. Putting together a custom a week for the blog can sometimes be a real undertaking. So I like to give our readers an easy custom that they can do at home every now and again, which provides me with a way to get a break from spending 6 hours a week on more advanced action figures. This version of Ahsoka can be done in less than an hour. I also included a repaint of R7-A7 that I did over the summer and never posted anywhere. I figured with the release of Ahsoka it would be an ideal time to snap a few pics of him too.

Mechanic Ahsoka Tano with R7-A7
by Darth Daddy

As always, there are additional pics on the blog:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/04/mechanic-ahsoka-tano-with-r7-a7.html
tokiravensky
Cantina Bartender

Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 04/17/12

Postby tokiravensky » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:31 pm

What a simple addition to ahsoka and it makes her looks totally cool. That was an excellent choice on the goggles.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Nice, the goggles really add a lot!

DarthDaddy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby DarthDaddy » Fri May 04, 2012 10:44 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Nice, the goggles really add a lot!

Thanks Justin :) Peakob1 had the idea
DarthDaddy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 05/04/12

Postby DarthDaddy » Fri May 04, 2012 10:45 pm

May the 4th be with you all on this fantastic Star Wars day.

Why fantastic?

Well, because I just finished a project that I have been wanting to complete for a very long time. I finally finished a Numa action figure.

She's sculpted entirely by hand. The arms are modified ones from a Ben Quadrinaros action figure. The feet are from a Vintage Phantom Menace Anakin Skywalker. The head and torso were made with Apoxie Sculpt that was applied to the torso and head of a Hiccup How to Train Your Dragon action figure that I dremeled down to a skeleton. I made Numa a cross between the Clone Wars depiction of Numa and the Sideshow version that came with Waxer and Boil. This was my first attempt at sculpting a head from scratch, but it worked out alright. This probably now stands as my favorite custom of all time, but I'm sure I'll unseat it one day.

I worked on this figure while interviewing Lucasclones with Tamer on CAFN.

I've seen her on a lot of fan lists asking Hasbro to make her, but the Clone Wars kid friendly line hasn't created the cool Star Wars children like Numa and Jaybo Hood. I guess they'll be sidelined like Kitster and Wald.

Anyhow, here she is ;)

Numa
created by Darth Daddy

There's a lot of other pictures at the blog. Here's the link:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/05/numa.html
Last edited by DarthDaddy on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drod26
Storm Trooper

Postby drod26 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:09 pm

that is super awesome darth_daddy, yes hasbro should make the children from the clonewars... i also have a custom on the works with the similar parts you used..
darthikari
Midi-Chlorian

Postby darthikari » Sun May 06, 2012 1:54 am

Nice work! I made a custom Numa too, but mine is more of a statue than an action figure like yours. I too really wish hasbro would have made an official fig, but it's probably not in the cards.
tokiravensky
Cantina Bartender

Postby tokiravensky » Sun May 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Excellent numa! You had a great idea and produced it spot on. I love it man, it looks so good.
DarthDaddy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby DarthDaddy » Mon May 07, 2012 6:25 am

Thanks guys! Looking forward to seeing your versions of Numa.
DarthDaddy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby DarthDaddy » Thu May 17, 2012 4:19 pm

So I haven't been doing anything fancy lately. The last few projects I tackled were just busy work. Little modifications to existing figures or simple head swaps to create action figures we really wanted.

CAPTAIN REX and COMMANDER WOLFFE
created by Darth Daddy

I saw some really stellar versions of these characters given the same treatment by other customizers that were a lot more impressive, but I just went for the quick fix on these two so I could work on some more pressing projects that I was enjoying more.

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/05/2012-clone-war-clone-corrections-or-why.html

QUI GON JIN & OBI WAN KENOBI
by Darth Daddy

We really liked the new head sculpts on the light up lightsaber Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi so we did a head swap with them so we could use them on my Vintage figures instead.

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/05/vintage-headswaps.html

HONDO OHNAKA's PIRATE GANG
created by Peakob1 & Darth Daddy

I also started working on a project with customizer Peakob1. We are currently building Elias a pirate gang for Hondo Ohnaka if anyone wants to check out what we have going so far. It's really pic heavy so it's better to go to the blog itself.

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/05/hondo-ohnakas-pirate-gang.html
Last edited by DarthDaddy on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 05/17/12

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue May 22, 2012 2:45 pm

It's amazing how much better the Qui Gon and Obi Wan look with those heads... I almost bought those figures the other day but I'm a bit short of extra Star Wars funds right now.

The gang you're making with Peakob1 is going to be awesome, I can't wait to see a full group shot... your boy is going to love it!

DarthDaddy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 05/17/12

Postby DarthDaddy » Wed May 23, 2012 8:05 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:It's amazing how much better the Qui Gon and Obi Wan look with those heads... I almost bought those figures the other day but I'm a bit short of extra Star Wars funds right now.

The gang you're making with Peakob1 is going to be awesome, I can't wait to see a full group shot... your boy is going to love it!

Those figures are definitely worth the investment for the heads alone. I have a felling they will be everywhere soon.

Did some more work on the pirate gang today.

HONDO OHNAKA's PIRATE GANG
created by Peakob1 & Darth Daddy

For those of you who don't already know, I am currently working on a project with some help I commissioned from customizer Peakob1. We are both currently building Elias action figures of Hondo Ohnaka's pirate gang.

I just finshed Finn Tegotash and I'm still deciding if Peg Leg Piit is completed or not. Here are two teaser pics, but I suggest hitting the blog for all the other pics.

Finn Tegotash
by Darth Daddy

Peg Leg Piit
by Darth Daddy

This post's really pic heavy so it's better to go to the blog itself rather than me have to post all the pics here.

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2012/05/hondo-ohnakas-pirate-gang.html
drod26
Storm Trooper

Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 05/23/12

Postby drod26 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Those look outstanding darthdaddy.. i have to say Peg Leg Piit has me drooling, she is just full of creativity..
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 05/23/12

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu May 24, 2012 11:07 am

Looking fantastic!!!

Return to “Creations”