Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Hey everyone, this is Nirvana or Darth Nirvana from a while back if anyone remembers me. I've just recently gotten back into this, at least for now.

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, the Battle of Utapau was my favorite sequence in RotS, and I love the look of the 212th. So I decided to come up with a small sqaud of troops led by Cody.

Tango Squad was a small elite group of troopers from the 212th hand-selected by Commander Cody for high-risk missions or small "blackops" objectives. The Republic sent these guys in when they needed something done, no questions asked. They wore the standard armor livery with dark gray accents to stand out from their other comrades.

First we have Commander Cody, of course:

Then we have our first clone, CT-1472, nicknamed "Buck". His weapon of choice is dual blaster pistols:

Then the next trooper in the squad, CT-573, nicknamed "Vega". He still wears his modified Phase 2 helmet for 'good luck'.

Then the last trooper in the squad, CT-1473- "Taze", Buck's vatmate. They have been inseperable since basic training.

In addition to the four main soldiers of Tango Squad, CT-4254, "Owl", is the squad's recon/stealth trooper. (my homage to the Utapau Shadow trooper, lol)

I also grabbed a SL Obi Wan to pose with these guys too, although I originally painted him and weathered him for a Mustafar fight pose:

A group shot, and a couple photonovel-esque shots;

I've been tossing around the idea of developing a photo novel storyline for these guys to star in, but haven't really come across a good idea yet. I know I want to incorporate the Magnaguard's being their main nemesis, because I have three and I love posing them. Any suggestions?

Sorry for all the pics, but thanks for looking/reading. LMK what you think.
Last edited by Snicklefritz on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wonderful detailing and weathering.

As for a photonovel, as someone who's giving up in frustration many times my advice is just to start simple.

Just pose a few fight scenes with those magnaguards against a simple backdrop or background, if it comes out well and you enjoy it, worry about adding story later! :D
WELCOME BACK DARTH NIRVANA!!! I mean... Snickelfritz. :)

Great looking batch and one hell of a way to jump back onto the scene. These really look good, some of your best. The weathering is so well done and really brings out the details in the sculpts. I especially like the "lucky" phase one helmet. Awesome idea and really adds character to the figure.

I hope you do explore a photonovel series again, and this would be a great looking squad to base it off of. As for a theme, how about they are sent on a mission to recover an ancient Sith relic that was stolen from the Jedi archives... if Dooku is able to discover its sercrets, it could change the course of the war (perhaps convert it into a trilogy or something).

:wink:
Thanks for the comments guys, and I'll keep those ideas in mind. It'll probably take me a while to think of a story line I would want to work with.

Bored on a Saturday afternoon, thought I'd try to crank out a whole Clone custom from start to finish, and not just a repaint.

The 5th Airborne Company was a specialized division under the 7th Sky Corps, who like their comrades from the 2nd Airborne, focused on airborne insertions to flank droid positions or insert troops into an area where LAATs couldn't get through. They wore slightly modified armor with breathing equipment attached to their helmets, along with a repulsorlift/jetpack to aid them in landing in the correct areas for their drops.

Clone Major Khel, CT-9229:

LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
Thanks guys. Doing this again really brings up alot of memories, I'm not sure why I stopped in the first place now. :mrgreen:

A couple people over at the 'Scum were wondering on how I go about painting, so tonight I picked up another Vintage clone to paint up and do a photo tutorial. Here's the link if anyone's interested: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4335063&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#4335063

I'll just post a picture and backstory of the finished guy here though.

The 77th Infantry Batallion was an infantry division under the Third Systems Army led by Major CT-5991, "Ozar". A fierce, strong, and often fearless leader, his most prized possesion is a cloak and blaster from a Magnaguard that he disabled with his bare hands during a skirmish in the notorious Battle of Jabiim, which also gave him a large and still painful scar over his left eye. It is from this battle that he had his eyebrows permenately singed off by a artillery misfire.

He's not much, but mainly just for the tutorial. I cranked him out in a little under 2 hours, lol. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
Thanks for the comments guys. I've been pretty um...busy...playing Halo Reach recently. It actually sort of gave me the idea to start another little squad of Imperial Commandos (similar to the fanfic film ones a few years ago, but without the custom helmets- don't have the resources or the patience to redo those now). I got the first two guys pretty much done and hope to have pics in the next couple days. Thanks again!
Recent Acquisitions

Picked up the POTF2 4-LOM figure loose for $1 - go[…]

This isn't a good sign for those of us waiting on[…]

Yakfinities #73 - Idea Phase

Entertainers? Nah, it'll never be chosen. :wink:[…]

This is really accomplishment. I love the Haunted […]

I love all these entries!!! My first custom in a[…]

Faddera Rabar p62 / Index p1

As a member of Enfys Nest's Cloud-Riders, the Dypl[…]

And yes! Maybe some of the Will Turner figures w[…]

Hi, I have a couple copies of John Tyler Christoph[…]