JediMerc's Customs (Harn Vendath - EpVII Contest Entry) - p8

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

JediMerc
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Re: JediMerc's Customs (upd. 3/27/11)

Postby JediMerc » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks Dan: I'm always in awe of your work, so it means a lot to have your compliments.

The "Clone with No Name" is also my favorite of the most recent ones I've made. I tried my best to get him as perfect as I could, from parts/gear choices to the right paint apps. I'm really, really pleased with how he turned out and though I don't really display my customs, he makes the occasional appearance because of how good I think he turned out.

Thanks again for your comments!
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." -- Brian Fantana (from Anchorman)
tokiravensky
Cantina Bartender

Postby tokiravensky » Sun May 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Wow, I just realized that jodo kast looks just like Matt Damon lol. Great job man They are flawless.
DarthDaddy
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Postby DarthDaddy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:12 am

JediMerc Added to "CUSTOMS I WISH I OWNED"

[b]To see the video:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/06/jedimerc-added-to-customs-i-wish-i.html
[/b]
JediMerc
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby JediMerc » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:14 am

Well...my family finally got into our new home and finished renovating what we needed to, so...a chance to get some new customs out there! I've got quite a few WIP's, including a version of Wyl Tarson (double agent - Rebellion comic series), Starkiller (Corellian Flight Suit), a clone bounty hunter, and a smuggler/part-time soldier during the time of the rebellion. I'll be posting WIP pics of the clone bounty hunter in the next few days...

But first, here's a fig I'm really happy with how he turned out. Ever since seeing Luke in his Bespin fatigues in TESB, I've always liked thinking of the Jedi not in some simple brown/tan robe, but instead wearing clothing more like that of the typical citizen (albeit with some minor additions of armor, etc.) and using alternative weaponry along with their lightsabers. That's why I've always been fascinated by the descriptions of the members of the Jedi Order during the NJO novels, wearing the gear and clothing that I always envisioned since 1980:

Jayce Rellin (New Republic Jedi)
- Rellin was once a member of a police force on a small backwater planet in the outer rim, but that was before galactic hero Luke Skywalker established his Jedi Academy following the Galactic Civil War. Skywalker followed up on reports of individuals performing strange or extraordinary acts and tested them for force sensitivity. Skywalker traveled to meet Rellin after word reached him of a law officer who, while in pursuit of a gang of local thugs who had attempted to rob a bacta processing center, single-handedly---and with no seemingly available weapons or tools---"grabbed hold of the air surrounding a building" that had been detonated by the thugs to slow his pursuit, slowly lowering it without allowing it to harm innocents who were inside. After rescuing all inside, Rellin supposedly tracked the thugs in the hours after they scattered and, one by one, apprehended them following only the "scent of their fear". His fellow officers were amazed and this tale was leaked to outside authorities, where it somehow was passed along to Master Skywalker.

Skywalker's tests found Rellin to possess above-average force sensitivity and he offered Jayce an opportunity to join the Jedi Order. Rellin, without hesitation, accepted. He became a Jedi Knight within 2 years of joining the order and is currently stationed along the Perlemian Trade Route, tracking pirates and assisting local planetary governments in economic and political disputes. Recently, word has reached him that an invasion fleet of bio-organic make has breached known space and is heading toward his area of operations...

New Republic Jedi -11-.JPG
New Republic Jedi -11-.JPG (131.52 KiB) Viewed 944 times

New Republic Jedi -12-.JPG
New Republic Jedi -12-.JPG (150.88 KiB) Viewed 944 times
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." -- Brian Fantana (from Anchorman)
mrhoppers819
Clone Trooper

Re: JediMerc's Customs (New Republic Jedi -- upd. 8/17/11)

Postby mrhoppers819 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:59 am

Awesome custom!!!
Darth Depressis
Rebel / Imperial Trooper

Re: JediMerc's Customs (New Republic Jedi -- upd. 8/17/11)

Postby Darth Depressis » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:53 am

awesome jedi merc..really reminds me of
ash from the evil dead series..nice.
looks a real hardcase...
JediMerc
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Re: JediMerc's Customs (Clone Bounty Hunter WIP -- upd. 8/20

Postby JediMerc » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:50 am

Here's the clone bounty hunter I'm currently working on...these are phase one pics (I had only painted/nicked up the shoulder armor at this point), but I've already begun another paint process, so my final version isn't too far away!

Clone Bounty Hunter (WIP) -1-.JPG
Clone Bounty Hunter (WIP) -1-.JPG (124.24 KiB) Viewed 889 times

Clone Bounty Hunter (WIP) -3-.JPG
Clone Bounty Hunter (WIP) -3-.JPG (137.9 KiB) Viewed 889 times
ghostskull18
Droid

Postby ghostskull18 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:07 am

This is AWESOME!
tokiravensky
Cantina Bartender

Postby tokiravensky » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Man, I love the new customs. Every time i see your stuff I'm like "damn, i wish i could think of that". Rock on man!!!!
JediMerc
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Re: JediMerc's Customs (Clone Bounty Hunter -- upd. 8/21)

Postby JediMerc » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I was late posting my clone bounty hunter WIP and, since then, I've finished the final version.

Here he is, finally finished: Desh Gannar...bounty hunter!

I originally wanted a helmet of some type for this guy, but none of the concoctions I used seemed to look right on him. In the end, I found a breather mask (from some GIJoe fig) and it worked out much better than I had hoped. For now, he's got two looks: one with breather mask and one with cloak; I'm not sure which one I like him in better...

I also experimented in creating slight rust stains on his armor; some of his shoulder armor has dents and gashes, but I guess he hasn't changed his chest or leg armor for awhile.

Let me know what you think!

Clone Bounty Hunter -6-.jpg
Clone Bounty Hunter -6-.jpg (76.44 KiB) Viewed 865 times

Clone Bounty Hunter (with cloak).jpg
Clone Bounty Hunter (with cloak).jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 865 times
drod26
Storm Trooper

Re: JediMerc's Customs (Clone Bounty Hunter -- upd. 8/21/11)

Postby drod26 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:51 pm

This guy is amazing jedimerc.. every piece of him fits perfectly. excellent work man.. :D
mrhoppers819
Clone Trooper

Postby mrhoppers819 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Wow!! that looks fantastic!!
darth naes
Pod Racer

Postby darth naes » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:04 pm

MAN!! Both of those are really cool and really well done!!! Great parts selections and executions!!!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:32 am

Yeah, looks great... the mask really sets it apart and works perfectly!

:wink:
sith_fire30
Moisture Farmer

Postby sith_fire30 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:17 am

Very cool bounty hunter! I personally like the cloak better :)

Return to “Creations”