Image Image Image Image Image

Corpse Droid p50 / Index p1

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

mousedroidhoojib
Droid

Re: Mousedroid-Hoojib Customs

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:19 am

Thanks so much, YAK_Chewie and hyperdrive.

Next up, here is Lando Calrissian as he appeared in the Dark Horse Comics adaptation of the classic Heir To The Empire novel:

Recipe:

* POTF2 General Lando Calrissian (for the head and hands)
* ROTLA Indiana Jones (modified, for the torso and upper arms)
* MU Extremis Armour Iron Man (modified, for the lower arms)
* TAC Jango Fett (modified, for the legs)
* ROTS Emperor Palpatine (for the feet)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Grave Yard Earth", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Space Wolves Gray")

Despite the convoluted recipe utilising left overs, this is a remarkably simple figure. The boots should probably be a different colour ("Bleached Bone") but I liked the contrast that the black gave to the trousers.

Image Image Image Image

hyperdrive
Nerf Herder

Postby hyperdrive » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:00 pm

First of all, that's an awesome selection for a custom figure, about a month ago, while looking through some reference material, I stumbled across some prototype Lando artwork, this outfit wasn't depicted but similar styles. He has some unique outfits for sure. Your execution has really bumped a notch or two over recent months. This Lando is awesome. Great work. The cape and boots look clean and professional
mousedroidhoojib
Droid

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:25 pm

You are too kind, hyperdrive.

The boots here are a variation of your particular trick - electrical tape - while the cape is the remnants of an old handkerchief, ironed flat with a hem carefully glued rather than sewn. The collar is a seperate piece which didn't quite work the way that I had wanted it to, but it got mighty close.

As to the choice of costume, I had originally planned to use his look from the cover of the Scoundrels book, but the colour scheme is perhaps is a little bland. It is a very similar style to the one that I ended up going with though.

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 am

Great work on the Lando, as always your soft goods creations are fantastic. For my own figures I do prefer the plastic sculpts, but it really is amazing what you do with these; it makes them look like 12" scale figures!

:wink:
mousedroidhoojib
Droid

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:39 am

Thanks as always, YAK_Chewie.

A gifted child, removed from her family and experimented upon by The Empire until her rescue, Riv Urtam-Antilles has fallen in with a group of mercenaries, taking the role of navigator on the Spice freighter Ataraxia.

Recipe:

* Clone Wars Ki-Adi-Mundi (modified, for the entire body sans head and forearms)
* Saga Padme Coruscant Attack (for the forearms)
* SlayerDesignStudio head
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Blood Red", "Scorched Brown", "Desert Yellow")

I "trimmed" the hair of the custom River head so that it wouldn't interfere with the sculpted chest, changing the look of the head a little but no so much as to be unrecognisable. Ataraxia is a synonym of Serenity.

Image Image Image Image

hyperdrive
Nerf Herder

Postby hyperdrive » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:35 pm

First of all, I love the style of the outer tunic, it looks so clean and tight. The leather-esque under suit looks awesome. My only critique would be that her legs, specifically from knee to hip appear too long to my eye. If it were my creation I might shorten that portion but overall the execution of this creation is very very good.
mousedroidhoojib
Droid

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks very much for the comment, hyperdrive.

I agree that the knees probably are a bit too low. As it was, I took about 1cm (0.4") out of each thigh to try and get close to the golden ratio - who knew that Clone Wars figures would have such little regard for anatomical correctness? Given the thinness of the calves and ankles after cleaning them up (whereby they were as easy to bend cold as if they had been soaking in hot water for 10 minutes), I didn't think that the integrity of the lower legs would be helped by making further cuts to elongate them to match the length of the thighs... unless some sort of wire skeleton was added, which seemed like far too much work for a figure that is almost certainly going to be standing upright throughout her days.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Really nice job on your latest, I especially think you did a great job on her boots.

mousedroidhoojib
Droid

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks muchly, YAK_Chewie.

Ever since first reading about her origin in the Australian Federal Comics reprint of 1984's Infinity Inc, issue 2, I have adored Power Girl. While I didn't grasp the notion of alternate universes at the time, the idea of an older, greying, married Superman's younger female cousin who is in reality older than he is was something that appealed to me as an eight year old who felt somewhat out of place. Through changing origins, silly costumes, a seemingly immaculate (and subsequently forgotten) pregnancy and an ever-increasing focus on her chest as both a source of pride and occasionally ridicule, PeeGee has always seemed like a friend.

While she is always depicted as buxom, the very best artists also tend to depict Power Girl as voluptuous, akin to a 1940s/50s pinup model. Using that notion, here is my 1:6 scale interpretation of JessiBeans piece on DeviantArt, entitled Pinup Power Girl, coupled with the head of perhaps the most famous blonde bombshell of the era - Marilyn Monroe:

Recipe:

* Diver4 "Marilyn Monroe" head
* Liv Doll Hayden body
* Barbie Fashionista shoes
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Regal Blue", "Red Gore", "Bubonic Brown", "Golden Yellow", "Burnished Bold")

hyperdrive
Nerf Herder

Postby hyperdrive » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:38 pm

She is absolutely fantastic work. She is so HOT! WOW that is some serious soft goods work . flawless
jlw515
Droid

Postby jlw515 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:36 am

Wow that black and white photo is amazing!! At first glance it looks like a real person!

Jason
mousedroidhoojib
Droid

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks so much, hyperdrive and jlw515.

Following her debut (all the way back on page 2), the young Togruta Kuraska Taasys was betrothed to a Coruscanti nobleman, leaving her home and privileged life on Shili to the equally privileged surrounds of Glitannai Esplanade on Coruscant.

Recipe:

* Legacy Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi (modified, for the head and entire body sans lower legs)
* Clone Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (modified, for the lower legs)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Red Gore", "Burnished Gold", "Desert Yellow", "Space Wolves Gray", "Regal Blue")

The costume design is based very heavily on that featured on the Wookieepedia page for Togrutans which itself came from... somewhere that I'm not sure of right at the moment. While I probably didn't need to swap out the lower legs, I figured that with the length of the gown that she is wearing, Ms Taasys wouldn't be seated too often, thus knee joints probably weren't necessary.

Image Image Image Image

mousedroidhoojib
Droid

Postby mousedroidhoojib » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:16 am

Here is my take on Hordak, the leader of The Horde and nemesis of He-Man, Skeletor and particularly She-Ra:

Recipe:

* SlayerDesignStudio "WhateverHead #0028"
* GI Joe:ROC Heavy Duty (for the entire body sans head and left forearm)
* ROTS Anakin Skywalker (for the left forearm)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Rotting Flesh", "Codex Gray", "Blood Red", "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Tin Bitz", "Mithril Silver")

I elaborated on the look of the character somewhat, taking bits of the vintage figure, the TV show, the modern incarnation and my own ideas to get to where this ended up. I didn't think it was appropriate that he wore a furkini so there is a one piece jumpsuit beneath the armour. I was tempted to give him taloned feet like he should have but figured that if he has power enough to turn his left hand into a cannon, he also has power enough to turn his feet into a "normal" humanoid shape capable of wearing boots.

In comparison to the first vintage Hordak:

YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Hordak! How awesome is that! One of my favorites as a kid.. and my son wants a Hordak for Christmas (I have a MOTU classics one on the way). I'll have to show him this though, he'll love it.

Kuraska Taasys is also very nice. I still can't get over how well of a job you do with soft goods.

hyperdrive
Nerf Herder

Postby hyperdrive » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:30 am

HAHA Hordak! That's awesome. Any plans on the rest of the Horde? I always loved the dude with the furry body!

Return to “Creations”