Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

While awaiting Anakin's return from looking for his mother to the Lars homestead, Padme Amidala changes a blue dress and poncho which was referred to as "P-17" during production of Attack Of The Clones.

Recipe:

* my own cast of Legacy Collection Padme Amidala Legacy Mother Of Heroes Padme's head
* my own cast of the torso of an I Am Elemental figure's torso and arms
* my own cast of The Force Awakens Sarco Plank's legs
* some material
* Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Bugman's Glow" paints

Having taken his faith's concealment of identity to its extreme, the nameless High Priest of the Brotherhood of the Beatific Countenance leads his followers in the Holy City of Jedha whilst wearing the Lorrdian Cowl of Quiescence and the Blue Gown of the Sullen Moon.

Recipe:

* my own cast of ReAction Planet Of The Apes Taylor's arms and head
* my own cast of Rogue One Hovertank Pilot's torso
* my own cast of The Force Awakens Sarco Plank's legs
* some material

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks heaps, ghostskull18.

A fashion designer known for her collection of Outer Rim cultural designs, Delva Racine attended the Squid Lake performance at the Galaxies Opera House during the fateful meeting between Chancellor Palpatine and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker.

Recipe:

* my own cast of Episode III "53 Princess Leia (head)" Pepsi bottlecap
* DC Universe Classics Mary Marvel
* modelling clay
* material
* Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Snake Bite Leather", "Scorched Brown", "Mithril Silver", "Chaos Black", "Balthazar Gold" paints

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks so much, Chewie.

The pirate Gir Kybo Ren-Cha, aka Kybo Ren and his crew once captured the Imperial Gladiator-class Star Destroyer Demolisher to raid the planet Tammuz-an, eventually being foiled by the droids R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Recipe:

* The Corps Bolder
* some modelling clay
* some material
* Citadel "Bronzed Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Blood Red", "Scorched Brown", "Dwarf Bronze", "Codex Grey" paints

In 1984, as their successful Star Wars line was winding down, Kenner gained the licence to the DC Comics stable of characters and created the Super Powers Collection, a line of DC heroes and villians in 1:18 scale with soft goods capes and action features. While the first series of figures, featuring the core of the Justice League such as Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, was popular, each of the subsequent two series were less so, leading to the line being cancelled in 1986, with a selection of characters being in various stages of planning and preproduction.

One of the characters mentioned for a future series was my favourite superheroine, Power Girl so for a bit of fun, I thought that I would try to put together a figure in the style of the Super Powers line, complete with action feature - a back triggered "Power Punch" - and the more primitive painting and articulation of the day. To keep the figure in line with the era, I also chose to use the style of costume that Pee Gee wore at the time - the leotard with the scoop neck and dual cape clasps rather than the classic magic window and single clasp with rope - as seen most prominently in Joe Staton and Joe Orlando's work from the cover of DC Showcase 97.

Recipe:

* my own cast of ReAction Buffy Summers' head
* Saga Padme Amidala Coruscant Attack's upper torso
* my own cast of the torso of an I Am Elemental figure's lower torso
* my own cast of ReAction Planet Of The Apes Taylor's arms and legs
* my own cast of Avengers: Age Of Ultron Scarlet Witch's feet
* my own cast of Justice League Unlimited Captain Atom's left hand
* my own cast of Justice League Unlimited Starman's right hand
* modelling clay
* material
* Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Bugman's Glow", "Bubonic Brown", "Shining Gold", "Mephiston Red", "Macragge Blue" paints

The action feature in action:

To complete the illusion, I also created a cardback in the Super Powers style, utilising Joe Staton and Joe Orlando's cover art from DC Showcase 97 for the character key, and mounted the figure in a Vintage Collection coffin:

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks so much, Chewie and ghostskull18. I had a lot of fun putting this figure together and getting it something akin to what might have been released in 1986 or so.

Ralph McQuarrie concept art for the character who eventually became known as the criminal Greedo featured a longer almost bird-like snout, drooping ears and more hair than what would appear on screen in A New Hope. If coupled with a jumpsuit in the style of the vintage Kenner figure of the character, Greedo could have turned out very differently.

Recipe:

* The Corps "Condor" for the entire figure sans head
* some modelling clay
* some material
* Citadel "Waaagh Flesh", "Goblin Green", "Macragge Blue", "Chaos Black", "Skull White" paints

By mousedroidhoojib
The feminine droid SN-D1 worked the front desk at the Droid Spa on Coruscant.

Recipe:

* Clone Wars Clone Pilot Oddball for the entire figure sans head
* some modelling clay
* Citadel "Bleached Bone", "Bugman's Glow", "Liche Purple", "Codex Grey", "Boltgun Metal", "Skull White", "Chaos Black" paints

By mousedroidhoojib
Having been trained by the Galactic Republic's 224th Division during the Clone Wars, the Nanth flatlands tribe leader Iasento was at the forefront of the Mimbanese Liberation Army during their subsequent battle with the Empire and the legions of Mudtroopers despatched to secure his homeworld's hyperbaride deposits.

Recipe:

* The Corps Gills for the entire figure sans head
* Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S male blank
s head
* some modelling clay
* some material
* Citadel "Mephiston Red", "Macgragge Blue", "Chaos Black", "Zandri Dust", "Scorched Brown", "Leadbelcher", "Codex Grey", "Goblin Green", "Camo Green" paints

By mousedroidhoojib
Droid builder Kurt Zimmerman's spectacular Artoo Deco droid build transforms the familiar R2-D2 design into a simple and sleek art deco style robot. For a bit of fun, I've taken the basic idea of the 1950's blue refrigerator colour scheme with chrome highlights and simplified it a little further to fit into 3.75" scale.

Recipe:

* a Kinder Surprise capsule
* Hasbro Build-A-Droid legs
* some modelling clay
* Citadel "Ice Blue", "Chain Mail", "Regal Blue", "Chaos Black" paints

All fair points. And there is no arguing the beau[…]

Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

Forum member vikingrobot also messaged me today […]

TVC - The Rise of Skywalker

My understanding is there's 1-2 more waves planned[…]

TVC: Poe Dameron’s X-Wing

Nice. That's a good strategy. Buy two so you can[…]