Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By mousedroidhoojib
Here is Opun Mcgrrrr, the founder of the Black Hole Pirates, owner of the Holiday Towers hotel on Cloud City and someone who bears an uncanny resemblance to Heater (or possibly The Fat Man) who often poses as Jabba The Hutt.

Recipe:

* Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Gibbs (heavily modified)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Devlan Mud"

For a character that was only ever intended to be a fill in until the proper "look" could be found, the human Jabba filmed for the first Star Wars movie has certainly had some retconning applied to him, with no fewer than three different characters now listed on Wookieepedia as sharing the same appearance and similar biographies. While I chose to pursue what is presumably the most canon version of the character, I took some queues for the costume from Declan Mulholland's whilst keeping the hairstyle from the drawn Opun. I'm normally pedantic about making sure that the material used doesn't fray, but I thought that letting it go here might work in the context of the character which I think that it does.

Image Image Image Image Image

By Darth Phantom
Hey MD-H,

very nice job on your latest creation.

that guy really much resembles the one who was meant to play Jabba in the first place.
Also, great revamp of the POTC "Gibbs" figure. And, of course, the fabrics look extremely
nice on that figure, keep it up!
By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks muchly for the kind words, Darth Phantom.

For a bit of fun, here is George Lucas' second choice to be Han Solo - Christopher Walken:

Recipe:

* Diver4 Christopher Walken head
* Barbie Fashionistas Ken (for the entire body, sans head and neck)
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Scorched Brown", "Bestial Brown", "Ultramarines Blue", "Dark Flesh")

For my first attempt at a 12" scale male character, I am really happy with how this guy came out. The head sculpt is brilliant so it was a pleasure to paint it, and the costume was relatively simple to put together. If you haven't already seen it, have a look at Kevin Spacey's impersonation of Christopher Walken in the screen test for Han Solo from Saturday Night Live from a few years ago - it is well worth your time.

Image Image
By mousedroidhoojib
Here is Sara Pezzini, the bearer of the Witchblade, based upon how she appeared on one of the covers to issue 150:

Recipe:

* GI Joe Resolute Roadblock (very heavily modified, for the entire body sans head, feet and right hand)
* SlayerDesignStudio head
* GI Joe ROC Storm Shadow (for the feet)
* Austwide Toys Destroyer Series Demon (modified, for the right hand)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Bestial Brown", "Tin Bitz", "Mithril Silver", "Burnished Gold", "Devlan Mud", "Ultramarines Blue", "Blood Red")

Image Image Image Image

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks muchly, YAK_Chewie!

Next up is Xasha, Boba Fett's partner (in multiple meanings of the word) from The Force Unleashed II graphic novel:

Recipe:

* The Legacy Collection Plourr Ilo (modified, for the head)
* The Clone Wars ARF Trooper (heavily modified, for the entire body sans head)
* Saga Legends AOTC Clone Trooper (for the helmet)
* GI Joe ROC Snake Eyes (for the pockets on the belt)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Blood Red", "Red Gore", "Bubonic Brown", "Regal Blue", "Mithril Silver", "Grave Yard Earth")

I had thought that this figure was going to be quite complicated to do, but it turned out to be just the opposite. Once the clone changed gender and the clothes were fitted, adding the armour pieces turned out to be relatively easy with the whole figure going from start to finish in about 10 hours over the course of a couple of days. Given the head would not fit nicely in even the thinnest possible clone helmet, I chose to keep the two seperate, and by making the hair in two pieces - the majority on the normal head, and a smaller piece on the back of the neck - I think replicates the same basic look seen in the comic. And no, I don't know why someone would bother wearing chest and back armour whilst also having their mid-section exposed to the elements in the way that Xasha does.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image
By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks as always, ghostskull18.

For my entry in Yakfinities #44 here is Flewel Luthinoe, a Lutrillian businessman who has come to Bespin to attempt to lure the Baron Administrator of Cloud City into a deal which could set his business up in the dark times of The Empire's rule. Unfortunately, Flewel was unaware that someone else was offering a better deal to Lando Calrissian on that same day...

Recipe:

* Dragonball Evolution Goku (for the entire body sans head)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Vomit Brown", "Kommando Khaki", "Blood Red", "Mithril Silver", "Burnished Gold")

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks a bunch, drod26.

Here is the only legitimate businessperson aboard the Firefly class vessel, Serenity - the Companion, Inara Serra:

Recipe:

* Marvel Universe Phoenix (for the head)
* Legacy Collection Plourr Ilo (modified, for the entire body, sans head)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Dark Flesh", "Red Gore", "Skull White", "Chaos Black")

The costume here isn't one that Inara wore onscreen, but is reminiscent of something that she might have had in her wardrobe.

"You have no call trying to make me ashamed of my job. What I do is legal, and how’s that smuggling coming?"

With the crew of the Serenity now complete, I thought that I would get them altogether for a group shot:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

By mousedroidhoojib
A staple of comic conventions are cosplayers in Star Wars attire. Beyond the ubiqituous Slave Leia's, perhaps the cosplayers who get the most media attention are those that put a unique feminine take on what is a very male heavy science-fiction franchise. For what turns out to be my 99th and 100th 3.75" scale custom figures, I thought that I would bring female versions of Boba Fett and Han Solo to life based on their appearance at SDCC 2009:

Boba Fett Recipe:

* Clone Wars Commander Cody (very heavily modified, for the entire body sans head)
* Thirtieth Anniversary Jango Fett (for the helmet)
* Marvel Universe Spider-Woman (for the hair)
* some modelling clay
* some doll hair
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Elf Flesh", "Golden Yellow", "Red Gore", "Catachan Green", "Kommando Khaki", "Mithril Silver", "Codex Grey")

Han Solo Recipe:

* Legacy Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi (very heavily modified, for the entire body sans head)
* Comic Pack Lumiya (modified, for the head)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Elf Flesh", "Red Gore", "Mithril Silver")

Thanks for looking!
By mousedroidhoojib
Here is Princess Leia Organa in a Hoth Rebel soldier costume which I'm not sure was ever actually filmed for The Empire Strikes Back, but which does appear in a couple of Behind The Scenes photographs which are floating around:

Recipe:

* Legacy Collection Princess Leia, Slave (modified, for the head)
* Comic Pack Dllr Nep (heavily modified, for the entire body sans head)
* Legacy Collection Shaak Ti (for the skarf, used for the rank insignia)
* Marvel Universe Black Widow (for one of the gauntlets, used for the controls on the vest)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Scorched Brown", "Red Gore", "Fortress Grey", "Space Wolves Gray", "Regal Blue", "Golden Yellow")

While the vest, being 2mm thick foam, is perhaps a little too bulky in comparison to the reference picture, I think that it works in the context of being able to keep someone of such slight frame warm in the extremes of Hoth/Norway.

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks a bunch, YAK_Chewie.

As to the picture, it is one of at least two behind-the-scenes photos showing Leia in a grunt style Hoth costume, rather than the usual outfit that we have come to know and love. The other shot shows her with headgear, which I couldn't quite get to look right on the figure so left it off:

By mousedroidhoojib
Here is He-Man's sister, the most powerful woman in the universe, She-Ra:

Recipe:

* Marvel Universe Spider-Woman (modified, for the entire body sans head)
* Slayer Design Studio "FemaleHead-21 PowerPrincess" head
* some modelling clay
* some household plastic
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Bubonic Brown", "Red Gore", "Ultramarines Blue", "Burnished Gold", "Mithril Silver", "Tin Bitz")

I wasn't happy with the first attempt at getting a pleated skirt sitting right on the figure so I ended up elaborating on the costume and going for a semi-transparent V shaped skirt, akin to that on the classic Starburst costume. It isn't accurate to the TV show, but it still is pretty obvious who is wearing it. Likewise, the Sword of Protection isn't perfect, but it too hopefully is close enough as to pass.

Image Image Image Image

In comparison to the vintage Starburst She-Ra and the SDCC version:

"For the honour of Grayskull - I am She-Ra!"

I make stuff too!

I should maybe revisit that Luke; he might need bl[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]

TVC 2019/2020 Discussion

There are a lot more SW toy items available in Ta[…]