Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By jedistyle
cool sorceress custom, it came out well. will you be doing the whole heman cast of charecters?
By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks ghostskull18, jedistyle and YAK_Chewie. If you had asked me even six weeks ago whether I would in future attempt further MOTU characters, I likely would have said "not a chance", but seeing how well both She-Ra and Sorceress came out, I think that this position is pretty much a given to change.

Next up, here is Kina Ha, at more than 1000 years old, the only Force sensitive Kaminoan and one of the handful of Jedi to survive Order 66 thanks in part to her being taken in by the Mandalorian Kal Skirata:

Recipe:

* Clone Wars General Grievous (modified, for the lightsaber and entire body sans head and lower legs)
* POTF2 Stormtrooper (modified, for the lower legs and the thigh of one of them, which became part of the torso)
* Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker (modified, for the helmet and pockets from skirt)
* some modelling clay
* some wire and household plastic
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Ice Blue", "Regal Blue", "Space Wolves Gray", "Chaos Black")

Another experiment in sculpting heads and over-costume armour pieces, I think that this figure came out well, even if she does look a little more severe than the single reference picture that I could find.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

As you might be able to guess from the recipe, Kina Ha is quite a tall figure. Here she is in comparison to some other oversized 3.75" figures (back, camera left to right - Yarael Poof, Graxxol Kelvynn, Kul Teska and Ephant Mon), a regular sized figure (my custom Peg Leg Piit, front, camera left) and a 12" figure (my custom Christopher Walken as Han Solo, front, camera right):

Kina Ha looks pretty good for a lady more than a millenia old:

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks heaps, YAK_Chewie.

Next up, here is Moon Girl, an EC Comics character from the Golden Age who has now slipped into the public domain and been reinvented as part of a self-titled mini-series, published both digitally and in traditional means by the wonderfully named Red 5 Comics:

Recipe:

* Legacy Collection Luke Skywalker (Death Star II) (modified, for the entire body sans head and hands)
* Marvel Universe Black Widow (modified, for the head)
* POTF2 Lyn Me (for the left hand)
* Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker (for the mechanical right hand)
* some modelling clay
* some household plastic
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Skull White", "Chaos Black", "Red Ink", "Red Gore", "Burnished Gold", "Mithril Silver")

I elaborated a little on the character's look, combining her appearance from the mini-series with the slight differences seen in this piece by KellyPerryArt on DeviantArt along with a couple of my own minor embellishments.

Image Image Image Image

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks for saying so, ghostskull18 and drod26.

Attending Academy soon after the end of the Clone Wars, Ellif Nescken work his way through the ranks of the Imperial Navy, becoming another cog in the New Order. As Captain, Ellif was placed in charge of the garrison of a derelict starfighter shipyard in orbit around Anoat, under instruction not to let the vehicles fall into the hands of the nascent Rebellion. The destruction of Alderaan has shaken his resolve however, and he plans not only to let the garrison fall to the Rebels, but also to defect, believing that the Empire has lost its direction.

Recipe:

* Slayer Design Studio "Head-61 Dean" head
* GI Joe Resolute Destro (modified, for the entire body, sans head)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Elf Flesh", "Chaos Black", "Skull White", "Space Wolves Gray", "Mithril Silver", "Red Gore", "Ultramarines Blue"

I wasn't 100% sure where I was going with this figure for a long while - from certain angles, the head looks like George Clooney; from others, Peter Graves circa "Airplane!"/"Flying High!"; or Steve Martin circa "Man With Two Brains". I toyed with the idea of Doctor Hfuhruhurr and Captain Clarence Oveur before settling on just making a generic Imperial Officer who I think has come out well.

Image Image Image Image Image

By mousedroidhoojib
Thanks muchly, ghostskull18, drod26 and YAK_Chewie.

Chased by authorities across the Outer Rim for stealing the podracing winnings of a fellow Fluggrian, Ploo Nabyrr has made his way to the Holiday Towers hotel on Cloud City in the hope of seeking refuge under the protection of Opun McGrrrr, the founder of the Black Hole Pirates. Will the newly founded Imperial garrison welcome him to Bespin, or will he be imprisoned in some far off spice mine?

Recipe:

* "World Jurassic" Tricerotops (modified, for the body and forearms)
* "World Jurassic" T.Rex (modified, for the legs)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Desert Yellow", "Bleached Bone", "Codex Gray", "Chaos Black", "Red Gore", "Skull White")

I did have plans for an ornate, almost camouflage jacket with high collar and chain belt, but when it made the figure look like a stereotypical 1970s pimp, I figured that I perhaps should go for something simpler whilest waiting for Hasbro to give us Elan Mak/Kam Nale.

Image Image Image Image Image

By mousedroidhoojib
Here is the Nightsister Mighella, personal bodyguard of Black Sun crime lord Alexi Garyn as seen in the Dark Horse comic Star Wars: Darth Maul:

Recipe:

* Legacy Collection Obi-Wan Kenobi (heavily modified, for the head)
* GI Joe Resolute Baroness (modified, for the entire body, sans head)
* GI Joe ROC Snake Eyes (for the sword)
* some modelling clay
* some material
* some paint (Citadel "Bleached Bone", "Kommando Khaki", "Grave Yard Earth", "Chaos Black", "Red Ink", "Catachan Green", "Ice Blue", "Golden Yellow", "Burnished Gold")

Image Image Image Image Image Image

By mousedroidhoojib
Thank-you, acklayhunter.

While I have been changing genders on figure bodies for a bit now, this is the first time that I have really tried to do likewise to a head:

There is obviously still room for improvement, but I have to start somewhere.

Movakko and crew The Nikto Movakko could be call[…]

Community fodder box...

will need Lance Quazar address:P. Thanks, roro[…]

Asajj Ventress in Ball Gown p64 / Index p1

Thanks so much, Chewie! Formerly wanted by both t[…]

You my friend are a customizing machine. I don't[…]

Oh my gosh, that is terrible!!!! I have always tho[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Ah, the Battle of Jabiim! What a fun story arc t[…]

ProCreate is good. Not brittle at all. Thank you b[…]

I noticed on the Shadow Trooper, his left knee is […]