Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

#126602
Hello all. I have been doing customs for a few years now. I just joined here for this round of Yakfinities challenge. I would have to say that probably 95% of my customs are straight headswaps. The other 5% is made up of slight tweaking,some repaints and parts swaps.

Here is an example of a repaint. Loved the idea of the Ewok scouts 2-pack from K-Mart. Like many I thought the face sculpts and paint apps were kind of bad. Just did a slight repaint and fixed Widdle and Wunka to something more acceptable (in my opinion).
Attachments
Widdle and Wunka.JPG
Widdle and Wunka.JPG (69.11 KiB) Viewed 4710 times
Last edited by darthapathy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 52 times in total.
User avatar
By darthapathy
#126624
YAK_Chewie wrote:They look good, but I'm not sure what you did with them exactly... looks like you fixed the teeth on the guy on the right though:

Image

^ The stock figure looks a bit goofy like that with the major outlines on the teeth...

:wink:


For Widdle, I painted over the outlines of the teeth. I also touched up the eyes a bit so they weren't so beady and added a bit of paint to the tips of his ears and a bit on his forehead.

For Wunka, I painted over the outlines of the teeth as well. I also lightened up his nose and painted his lips to match his nose..
User avatar
By darthapathy
#126641
Here are some basic headswaps for the Naboo Royal Guard. The one on the left is the basic figures and the other four have different heads.
Attachments
013.JPG
013.JPG (85.53 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
User avatar
By darthapathy
#126643
Here is my rendition of Bravo Squadron (or at least a portion of it). Going from Left to right we have Ric Olie (Bravo Leader), Bravo Pilot (Bravo ?), Arven Wendick (Bravo Three), Rya Kirsh (Bravo Four), and Officer Elleberger (Bravo Five).
Attachments
005.JPG
005.JPG (79.83 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
User avatar
By darthapathy
#126644
Ok on to the Original Trilogy. Here is Group One of Rebel Fleet Troopers. The one on the left is the basic figure. The next four have new heads. Some of them have holsters. I cut the holsters of the Rebel Ground crew and glued them onto the RFT.
Attachments
014.JPG
014.JPG (89.73 KiB) Viewed 4674 times
User avatar
By darthapathy
#126645
Here is group two of the Rebel Fleet Troopers. I did the same thing here. All have new heads and some have holsters.
Attachments
015.JPG
015.JPG (95 KiB) Viewed 4674 times
User avatar
By darthapathy
#126646
I really loved the Scramble on Yavin BP and wished they would have done more for the OT like that. Once I got it I knew I wanted to army build the Rebel Ground Crew. Well, with that figure available in the TRU exclusive Rebel Transport Speeder, I did just that. Here is group one with the original figure on the left and the next two with new heads. For the one on the right I dirtied him up a bit with a black wash. I figured these guys were techs and had to get somewhat grungy.
Attachments
021.JPG
021.JPG (81.89 KiB) Viewed 4674 times
User avatar
By darthapathy
#126647
Here is group two of the ground crew. It's kind of hard to tell in the photo but the guy on the right has also been dirtied a bit. Went with a brown this time just to change things up.
Attachments
022.JPG
022.JPG (80.3 KiB) Viewed 4674 times
User avatar
By darthapathy
#126885
Here are a trio that reside on the outskirts of Anchorhead; Arlo Ghet and his two companions. Arlo is a prospector who believes he is going to find the motherlode somewhere out in the Dune Sea. Motherlode of what he isn't sure but he knows it's out there. T8-LOM or "Tate" as he calls him is his older model Protocol Droid. "Tate" helps Arlo with "day to day" operations. He is also a decent cook and doctor. R2-NK2 or "Knock" as Arlo calls him keeps the mining equipment and Arlo's antiquated speeder up and running
Attachments
Tatooine Trio.JPG
Tatooine Trio.JPG (64.51 KiB) Viewed 4633 times
User avatar
By darthapathy
#126916
YAK_Chewie wrote:Very nice work adding some variety to the ranks on the troopers!

:wink:
Thanks. Hopefully we will get some new headsculpts so more variety can be added.,
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 22
Retail Sales, Clearances, Etc.

$2.50 is cheap - great price. Which Walmart? Di[…]

TVC Desert Skiff

I just realized that there is one detail that Hasb[…]

Thanks! I'm a little behind on schedule right no[…]

PS, every time I look at your thread I have to c[…]

Custom Tree Huts Star Wars !!!!

Bumped because someone asked me about these today.[…]

Luke 3-Pack

Great thread, some brilliant pictures, well done I[…]

Think you did a good job personalizing yourself in[…]

My Custom Star Wars Figures/Vehicles

Excellent!!!! RC was one of my favorite games as […]