Scavenger

Re: Galactic Merchants Figure Display and Diorama Project

Postby DeltaSev » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:14 am

T3?!? You have my full attention.
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:17 pm

You need to becareful, Hasbro may just look the other way with diorama pieces thinking it will take the heat off them; but figures may cause a stare.
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
DeltaSev
Scavenger

Postby DeltaSev » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Paul, I agree that producing figures might be in the gray area, but this particular figure I highly doubt they'd care about. The game has been out for a decade and we had to campaign for the few KotOR figures they did produce, so this one is a pretty safe character I'd say.
JediMerc
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby JediMerc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm listening! T3...oooh....aaaah!

Looking forward to what you cook up!
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." -- Brian Fantana (from Anchorman)
Yr1977
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Yr1977 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Just thought id share with you guys and girls a quick picture of the 3 3/4 T3 droid i've been working on in what downtime I can find.
He is articulated at every joint and features a swivel and tilting head. Im Still very new to the hobbie so i've been practicing painting and airbrushing alot in the last few weeks which im having a blast with. Ill will try to post more pictures as soon as I can.

~Casey~
darthcrassus
Nerf Herder

Postby darthcrassus » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Yes! Please tell me that we can buy these soon! I've made customs of all the playable KOTOR figures except for T3, so with him my collection will be complete!
Visit Darth Crassus Customs on Facebook for more of my custom Star Wars figures (https://www.facebook.com/darthcrassuscustoms)
JediMerc
Rebel / Imperial Pilot

Postby JediMerc » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:10 am

This looks absolutely fantastic! How smoothly do/does the leg joints and head joint swivel? Any rubbing/erosion at the connection points?

Looking forward to seeing how you'll make these available...
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time." -- Brian Fantana (from Anchorman)
Paulskywalker
Supreme Chancellor

Postby Paulskywalker » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:04 pm

That looks amazing!!!

And not long now till the walls are being sent off, any idea on the time frame for them?
If i wanted figures like Rebels and Legends series i'd build a time machine. Even if i did want them, i'd probably still need a time machine..
Yr1977
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Yr1977 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:38 pm

To answer a few questions, the joints a very firm but move very smoothly and the paint is done in a way that it will not rub off. As to erosion, I guess its like any other toy joint, the more you play with it the looser it will get over time. When and how they will be available is still to be determined but we will let you guys who are intrested know.

As to the Walls that people purchased on indiegogo, we are working on getting the early bird sets out first and hopefully the first lot will be shipping in the next week :)

Cheers guys
YAK_Jayson
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Jayson » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 am

I definitely need a T3!
Jayson
Yakface Reporter/Reviewer/Photographer/Toyguide Manager
Member of the JediDefender Twin Cities Collector Club

Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on our Facebook page.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate... hate leads to incessant complaining.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:55 am

This thing, without a doubt, is mind blowing. I can't believe how amazing it looks, and that it features that kind of articulation. You guys are truly doing something special here and should be very proud of yourselves. I am just in awe. Absolute awe!

:wink:
DeltaSev
Scavenger

Postby DeltaSev » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:56 am

This looks perfect, can't wait for these, I'm gonna need a couple of these guys! :D
RumSleg
Midi-Chlorian

Postby RumSleg » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 am

Paulskywalker wrote:You need to becareful, Hasbro may just look the other way with diorama pieces thinking it will take the heat off them; but figures may cause a stare.

This. I'm very surprised Hasbro hasn't already sent a cease and desist letter.

"HAN: Aren't you afraid the Empire's going to find out about this
little operation and shut you down?

LANDO: That's always been a danger looming like a shadow over
everything we've built here."

I'm very happy and excited to see these projects moving forward, but I hope everyone is prepared for it all to go away without warning.
darthmac
Teras Kasi

Postby darthmac » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:40 am

RumSleg wrote:
Paulskywalker wrote:You need to becareful, Hasbro may just look the other way with diorama pieces thinking it will take the heat off them; but figures may cause a stare.

This. I'm very surprised Hasbro hasn't already sent a cease and desist letter.

"HAN: Aren't you afraid the Empire's going to find out about this
little operation and shut you down?

LANDO: That's always been a danger looming like a shadow over
everything we've built here."

I'm very happy and excited to see these projects moving forward, but I hope everyone is prepared for it all to go away without warning.

There is nothing wrong with making your own figures. If Hasbro is going to object it will be when they start to sell them.
Boycott Hasbro 6", Bring back high quality 3 3/4"!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:19 am

There are also countless customs on ebay at any one given time... the Galactic Merchants stuff is probably going to hide under Hasbro's radar for a while. It would have to turn into a huge business for Hasbro to start taking action, I think. And if Hasbro does, I say they are really sending a bad message to the community. What's being made are adult aimed items that they have refused to make because they say it's not profitable. If anything these start ups should open their eyes to what they should be making. It's their own fault that small groups have started making their own items like this. If Hasbro refuses to fill the gap, then others will find a way to make these things happen.

Good for you guys, Galactic Merchants, for being true fans of this hobby and helping make things available that the community could otherwise not get their hands on, and without trying to make an obscene profit at the same time. Some people would try and charge at least 5X per wall what you guys are charging, and I can't even guess how much they'd try and charge for this droid.

:wink:

Return to “Creations”