Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

By nighthawk
Thanks!

I made these RFTs a long time ago. Was expensive having to get holsters for them too.

2 of the holsters were from the Yavin hangar guy and the other is from an Endor Han. The hangar guy's holster is from an Endor trooper.

By nighthawk
Did a couple more Rebels now that the BS figures are $2 Canadian.

For these two, I swapped the holsters too.

Also, just for fun, I made a Rey with Finn's jacket using the Titanium Rey and a $2 Finn. Don't care about the articulation. It's just gonna be a display piece anyways. Didn't want to waste a BS Rey for this.

By YAK_Chewie
Cool stuff, I really like the Saw Gerrera head on the Lando general body.

I never did get the titanium Rey - does she have a soft torso? If not, how did you get those arms on her?

Also do you have any plans to paint the scarfs on those rebels (from the Starkiller base Han)?

:wink:
By nighthawk
Thanks for the comments. The Titanium Rey torso is held on by a screw. You just have to remove the plug first.

The arms actually were drilled out and I put the Tatinium Rey forearms into the Finn jacket arms to make her arms look shorter. It was the easiest way to make her hands "inside" the jacket sleeve. The shoulder joint internally needed a lot of cutting away of the material though as the Rey arms a lot smaller and thus, the connection point is smaller. The arms are still fully articulated though. If I ever get a Jakku Rey for dirt cheap, I can take all that off the Titanium and just transfer it over.

I may go and paint the scarfs one day when I have some extra left over paint to use (ie. I don't care enough about it but if I have some left over paint I mixed that is suitable, then I'll use it instead of wasting it). I have no idea why Hasbro painted them that way. At first I thought it was just the one I had but all 3 of my Starkiller Han's have the same scarf painting.
By nighthawk
I needed to buy $2 more to get free shipping on some Marvel Legends I bought at TRU, so I picked the Jakku Rey from the Rogue One figure cardback line. I never liked the Walmart BS Rey cause the paint on the face was so bad. I always used the alternate head, but the head from that Rogue One release of Rey looked really good and fits perfectly on the BS Rey head.

By nighthawk
I wanted the cape to be used on the original Phasma so that's what I did. She can't really hold the baton anyways and I like her like this. Don't really care for the battle damaged look.

By nighthawk
I had an extra Jaina so I made this.

The head seems big, but I think it would look better if I used Luke's arms. However, I didn't want to do that as it would be irreversible as Luke's shoulder peg is larger than Jaina's. I'm debating if I should do it anyways or not.
By nighthawk
Finally decided to get the Archive line Luke XWing. So, with my original one, I just made another pilot out of some extra parts.

By nighthawk
I really liked the Darth Revan Black Series figure, but hated the stiff hood. Plus, he was so hard to get (I never once saw him at retail in Canada) but eventually managed to get him for retail price from a Canadian seller. I gave mine a soft goods hood. Took a while to finally decide to take the plunge and do it.

I found it stupid that they made a nice head for him but you can't appreciate it cause the hood is so stiff. This was actually one of the reasons I held off getting him even when I was able to get him for slightly higher than retail. Here's how his head looks under the hood for those that were wondering.

I finally got my Archive Luke. I put the Bespin Luke holster on him. I really like how it looks. You can compare how it looks to the other pilot there which uses a modified Hoth Han holster.

There is a loop in the Bespin Luke belt and I just put the lightsaber hook through that so he only has one hook.
By DarthParallax
Really like the Revan hood swap, he was a tough one to come by for the longest time, think we got lucky and Hasbro Toy Shop had them in stock one time. But never really ran into him in a store though.
By johnmorog
Ugh... hoods are the hardest thing for me to get right. Do you have a photo of the piece of cloth laid flat on the table so I can see how the general pattern looks??
By nighthawk
Sorry, I don't. However, all I did was cut off the Kylo Ren hood around the arm area so the hood maintained the general shape. To get the shape I got on the Revan, I cut off the plastic hood flat and cut a slot around the ring to tuck the fabric in. I just have to adjust how much I tuck under the plastic. In the pictures with his hood down, you can see how the hood is tucked under the original hood collar.

Dang, and I thought that was going to be an easy […]

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]