CloneTroopr's Customs: 04/30/2017 Lana Beniko <SWTOR>

Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

CloneTroopr
Midi-Chlorian

CloneTroopr's Customs: 04/30/2017 Lana Beniko <SWTOR>

Postby CloneTroopr » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi, I'm new to posting on Yakface, but I've been following this page for quite awhile now. I've seen so many great customs on this page, and I finally realized it's time for me to share mines with this great community...

It took a year and a half, and it's finally DONE! I never thought I'd see the day, but here are all of the KOTOR crew members, along with Malak, Bandon, and the Dark Jedi. Hope you guys like these group shots.

I also did a little update to Revan. He now has a swap-able head to match the face I had for him in KOTOR. Those who played the game should know this face. I may post more photos of this here tomorrow, but if you're really curious, there are more photos of Revan on my FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CloneTro ... 4516097873

Let me know which one is your favorite. :D

Last edited by CloneTroopr on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 15 times in total.
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Re: CloneTroopr's Customs: 02-19 KOTOR Crew Members and the

Postby YAK_Chewie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Nice to see you share your work here with the Yakface crowd.

These KOTOR customs are nothing short of stellar. I always thought it would have been so awesome had Hasbro released a wave of KOTOR I and KOTOR 2 figures. It seems like nearly all Hasbro's video game figures sell... and very well.

:wink:
GYRUSS
Midi-Chlorian

Postby GYRUSS » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:08 am

I agree I would snatch up any KOTOR figure I find, I love the Old Republic era and the MMO video game.
Darthstreams
Midi-Chlorian

Postby Darthstreams » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:13 am

Great Work! As a huge fan and customizer of KOTOR as well, I'm loving this. I've seen these in the past, (on ISY I think?) and have commented on them but again, great work dude.
my kind of scum
Moisture Farmer

Postby my kind of scum » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:27 pm

Nice work! I particularly like Mission. Wish I could finish a large customizing project like this. Seems like I constantly wander on to other projects when I have time to get back to customizing. It has to feel good to finish a project like this - great job!
"The place of desire holds no place for you."
- Larry Levis

Hasbro, I'm waiting for my rickshaw droid.
CloneTroopr
Midi-Chlorian

Postby CloneTroopr » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:26 pm

YAK_Chewie wrote:Nice to see you share your work here with the Yakface crowd.

These KOTOR customs are nothing short of stellar. I always thought it would have been so awesome had Hasbro released a wave of KOTOR I and KOTOR 2 figures. It seems like nearly all Hasbro's video game figures sell... and very well.

GYRUSS wrote:I agree I would snatch up any KOTOR figure I find, I love the Old Republic era and the MMO video game.

For sure, I'm not sure why, but Hasbro dropped the ball. Thanks for the front pager! :D

Darthstreams wrote:Great Work! As a huge fan and customizer of KOTOR as well, I'm loving this. I've seen these in the past, (on ISY I think?) and have commented on them but again, great work dude.

Thanks! --From one KOTOR lover to another hahah.

my kind of scum wrote:Nice work! I particularly like Mission. Wish I could finish a large customizing project like this. Seems like I constantly wander on to other projects when I have time to get back to customizing. It has to feel good to finish a project like this - great job!

It definitely feels great, and sort of surreal to have finished such a big project! Thanks for the comments! :D
CloneTroopr
Midi-Chlorian

Re: CloneTroopr's Customs: 02-27 SWTOR Trailer Jedi Zabrak W

Postby CloneTroopr » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:44 am

Hi, thought I'd share a WIP pic of what I've been up to now that I'm done with the KOTOR companions.

Here's the Zabrak Jedi Master that fought epically and died in one of the Old Republic trailers.

Let me say this from the get-go, he will not be completely accurate to the trailer. I will update with more WIP pics as they come.

- He's made from the old legs of my Canderous custom before I sawed them off, along with the upper body of Captain America.
- His head is Capt. America's head, with the mask cut off. I took a sandpaper to the head to smooth it out then proceeded to make my own horns.
- I used the same kinds of plastic I used for T3-M4 to make his armor
- Here's a pic of it with a metallic green wash
CloneTroopr
Midi-Chlorian

Re: CloneTroopr's Customs: 02-27 SWTOR Trailer Jedi Zabrak W

Postby CloneTroopr » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:08 am

Here's another WIP update on another project of mine:

Satele Shan

Hope you're as excited as I am! Please let me know what you think! :D

Here's what I have so far:
The head was a real pain to do, with her braids, and all. I ended up using a Scarlett figure. The hair has been cut up to match Satele's, with braids glued on.
I put two lightsabers together, with another piece in between, and cut the tips off of the lightsabers, shortened them, then glued the tips back on.
I also cut off her heels, so I had to cut the front halves of her feet off as well, shave the tops, then re-glue them higher.
Here's Satele with her basic soft goods. Time to paint! :D
UPDATE: 3/4 I've now painted her robes! I also added her armband and a basic belt. Time to do the boots next!
CloneTroopr
Midi-Chlorian

Re: CloneTroopr's Customs: 03-12 Jedi Zabrak from SWTOR Trai

Postby CloneTroopr » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:38 am

Yay! I have finally finished both the Jedi Zabrak and Satele Shan!
Just for fun, I'm doing a 2 day reveal, so for today, here's Jedi Battlemaster Kao Cen Darach (Satele's 1st master), but there's also a little teaser of Satele in here as well.
WIP pics are on pg. 17

I'm sure we all remember him from the SWTOR trailers:

Satele throws her lightsaber to Master Kao
Master Kao faces off against none other than Darth Malgus
CloneTroopr
Midi-Chlorian

Re: CloneTroopr's Customs: 03-12 Satele Shan <SWTOR Trailer>

Postby CloneTroopr » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:03 am

...aaanddd here's Satele Shan! I know some of you have been waiting for this, and she's finally done! :D
Let me know what you think please!

Jedi Grandmaster Satele Shan
Here's some notes on how she was made:
- Soft goods tunic
- Custom-made belt according to pics
- Soft goods boot straps
- Hard-sculpted hair via knife (cutting off excess hair to match pics, etc) with attached braids
- Smoothed chin via sandpaper
- Shaved joints to lessen paint-flaking

Scenes from the trailer:
Satele about to Force-blast the Sith and save Colonel Jace Malcom
Satele leading Republic troopers
Satele faces off against Darth Malgus
Satele about to drop a mountain on Darth Malgus
Colonel Malcom firing a flare
Evilivo
Droid

Re: CloneTroopr's Customs: 03-12 Satele Shan from SWTOR Trai

Postby Evilivo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:22 am

Good work on Satelle and the Jedi Master - a lot of work went into them and Satelle actually resembles the character very close :)
This hobby just gets curiouser and curiouser!
YAK_Chewie
Forum Admin

Postby YAK_Chewie » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 am

She does resemble the character very well, that's some great work you did there.

Kind of seems like a no-brainer that Hasbro should have made a battle pack or two with characters like her from TOR... eh?

CloneTroopr
Midi-Chlorian

Postby CloneTroopr » Fri May 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Evilivo wrote:Good work on Satelle and the Jedi Master - a lot of work went into them and Satelle actually resembles the character very close :)
YAK_Chewie wrote:She does resemble the character very well, that's some great work you did there.
Kind of seems like a no-brainer that Hasbro should have made a battle pack or two with characters like her from TOR... eh?

Thanks guys! Hasbro really dropped the ball in terms of EU figures. :\
CloneTroopr
Midi-Chlorian

Postby CloneTroopr » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:47 am

Hey guys! My new custom:
Kira Carsen, a companion character from The Old Republic videogame. The robes I created for her is based on the robes I have her wearing in the game, which is a combo of Juhani's upper robes and Mission's lower robes.
- Customized hair to match game character
- Complete figure repaint
- Soft goods
- Custom Double-bladed green lightsaber
- Added robe clips

Return to “Creations”