Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

What do you think?

Love it I want 1000!
14%
Awsome ill take a few!
5%
Like it Ill buy 1 or 2.
29%
Meh i'd rather glue sticks together in my back yard.
52%
Bantha Fodder
No votes
0%
By TwelfthParsec
Hey guys and gals,

Were starting a start up diorama company on indiegogo! Were going to specialize in larger scale dioramas and environments for 3.75" figures.

Space trees is our first endeavor for the business but we have been making customs for years.
There inspired by the forest villages that the ewoks call home.

What makes us different is were doing large scale enviroments and we have much more in the works as long as we get up and running. There endlessly customizable and expandable, as well as perfectly to scale.

Hope you guys will take a look head on over and help us get up and running.

Thanks Everyone!

http://igg.me/at/twelfthparsec/x/6311184

main.jpg

camp.jpg

vill.jpg
vill.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 8580 times

colo.jpg

deluxe.jpg
deluxe.jpg (10.47 KiB) Viewed 8580 times

coll.jpg
By YAK_Chewie
This is just great - another 3D diorama endeavor!

I do have to admit, an Ewok village is near the bottom of my diorama wants - and I actually have really come close to making a real one out of wood. But, I've never gotten around to it. I will be happy to support this - my big hope though is that you are able to expand into more "building-esque" pieces - like Mos Eisley buildings and the sort...

Good luck and thanks for sharing with us here. I will be able to contribute, but it will be after an upcoming paycheck before I can commit much.

:wink:
By darthmadonna
I love Ewoks and I think this is awesome. However there is one thing that is holding me back. The trees themselves, I am just not feeling how they look. They look rather stylized and almost like something out of the clone wars. IF they were more realistic looking ID be all over a set of these.
By darthmac
The first thing that really sticks out to me is that the railings are set to the height of humans not ewoks. Shouldn't the railing be set for ewok height?
By YAK_Chewie
YAK_Chewie wrote:
darthmac wrote:The first thing that really sticks out to me is that the railings are set to the height of humans not ewoks. Shouldn't the railing be set for ewok height?

Good point, the rails probaby should be about half as high as they are in the prototype.

Actually, maybe they're closer to the right height than I thought. This image might be helpful, I dunno... on any note, not a deal breaker. And the more I look at the pics, the more I am liking the look of these.

By darthmac
The rail appear to be taller than the height of the hut doors, no Ewok architectural engineer would ever approve that! Yes, the set pieces for the movie were made to normal human heights, but in the 'fictional reality' they would have been made in scale to the Ewoks. The rail as tall or taller than the hut door just looks wrong to me.
By remster_9
This is a superb idea! Great initiative guys.

Like Yak_Chewie said, an Ewok diorama is at the bottom of my needs - BUT that's just me.
I also think the entry price for a basic set is a little high for me, especially given the current look of the trees. Someone else mentioned their stylized look, and I agree I am not entirely comfortable that it would instantly add oomph to my collection display as they look a little cartoony to me. More realistic textures or an entry price in the $35-40 range - I would have been sold! I don't know if that's even feasible production-wise though, so it may be completely unrealistic.
I absolutely LOVE the modular approach however. Very smart design thinking! Flexibility and options are always awesome.

If you found a way to use early commitments to introduce new dioramas (e.g. Echo base playsets, Mos Eisley Cantina, Death Star, Bespin, etc.) rather than expand the Endor theme, you would maybe gain critical mass more quickly. I am afraid that the Endor theme is very polarizing as not all collectors have an interest in Ewoks. AGAIN that's just speculation, but maybe a quick survey could provide more insight.

Awesome work guys, keep it up and good luck!
By TwelfthParsec
darthmac wrote:The rail appear to be taller than the height of the hut doors, no Ewok architectural engineer would ever approve that! Yes, the set pieces for the movie were made to normal human heights, but in the 'fictional reality' they would have been made in scale to the Ewoks. The rail as tall or taller than the hut door just looks wrong to me.

Hey guys,

quick update!

The rails were designed mainly off that picture that someone just shared. As luke sits that is right about thigh level. The ewok shown in the scale photo is a smaller ewok, wicket i believe. I will try to get a reference of a larger ewok so you can see the slight difference. They are to scale with what is shown in the film and are pretty close to the same size as the vintage sets of days past.

BUT on that note if you want shorter rails you can cut them down shorter they will still fit / work. We dont advise this but you can if you wanted to. Also the rails aren't shorter than the doors athough that photo is slightly at an angle i noticed so they do seem that way in the photo, I will try to get a better one up of just the top of the platform scaling alone.

Honestly though we explored them shorter and it looked a little silly. But there are options if thats what is holding anyone back.

As for the color and texture they honeslty in person look more of the realistic style , than an animated style as some say it seems. I know that seems different in the pictures but trust us. And if for some reason you would want a different color scheme, email us we will see what we can do for you.

YAK_Chewie wrote:Has anyone reported any issues accessing the campaign page? Maybe it's just me, but I have a terrible time with my PC freezing up each time I go to it... just wanted to let you know.

We contacted indieagogo and they fixed the issue with the page loading let us know if your still having an issue. Should be good now though.

remster_9 wrote:This is a superb idea! Great initiative guys.
If you found a way to use early commitments to introduce new dioramas (e.g. Echo base playsets, Mos Eisley Cantina, Death Star, Bespin, etc.)

Awesome work guys, keep it up and good luck!

I can assure you almost everything you stated there is in pre production from us and will be available as long as we get up and running. And lots more to come if we reach our goal.

Lastly guys i just wanted to let you know we added a future section to the description because we were getting alot of questions about scattering levels, branches, and tops. So check the site again if your interested we put a sneak peak up of some of the details of whats to come to add to your space trees

What The Future Holds

To give you an idea of whats to come for space trees once the store opens,

Expansions - Multiple size trunk post sections to scatter the levels of your platforms, will also include bridge spacers so your sections will still connect.

Leafy tops - Canopy sections to cover your tree tops with foliage.

Staircases - Wrap your trees with a heightening staircase.

AND MUCH MORE!

Thanks again guys!
Let us know if there are any more questions we'd love to help and answer anything.
By my kind of scum
Surprised to see how many negative votes there are for these. I'm really excited for this project, personally. I really hope it gets off the ground.
By YAK_Chewie
my kind of scum wrote:Surprised to see how many negative votes there are for these. I'm really excited for this project, personally. I really hope it gets off the ground.

I think this one is a bit different than some other potential environments - people might find it worth a shot making their own out of wood.

That being said, they are already 1/3 of the way there - so I think it looks like the goal here will be met. :)

By YAK_Chewie
TwelfthParsec wrote:We contacted indieagogo and they fixed the issue with the page loading let us know if your still having an issue. Should be good now though.

Same issue as before for me, unfortunately. I get an "unresponsive plugin" error. Not sure what it is, but I actually only have one remedy when I hit the page - restart my PC.

Community fodder box...

Box arrived, I havent had time to go threw it tho[…]

The Dark Crystal (Funko) 3.75 line

Received an email from Amazon updating my Dark Cry[…]

I make stuff too!

Productive weekend. This'll be the last new custom[…]

Silvasu Fi p63 / Index p1

You must have quite the collection of bodiless clo[…]

Here is my attempt at a character that may or may […]

Funko Reaction Maria (robot)

Thought this Maria robot figure from the movie Met[…]