Moderators: YAK_Chewie, Yakface.com Staff

Thanks man!!! If I see a cheap FX X-Wing pop up on Ebay or for sale on the forums (or something) I might honestly do a Partisan X-Wing as well...Then at least my Saw and Two-Tubes figures would have something to be displayed with. :lol:
I have always wanted a figure of this guy (gal?). This is probably my favorite character design from Rogue One, and I wish we could have seen some more of them in the movie. It is just a shame to me that we didn't get more articulated RO figures, but given we didn't even get all the main characters, I don't think the Partisan Scout ever stood a chance at being produced. I decided a while ago to make this figure, but didn't have the time to ever do it, nor did I really have a plan once I started...

The parts are combination of a few things. The arms, torso, and modified "skirt" are from a Naboo Pilot. The legs were from my fodder box. The helmet is from a SA Scout Trooper, and the black peg was transplanted onto the Naboo Pilot torso to hold it. The gloves are from a Dak Raltar TBS figure. The shoulder armor was actually a chunk of a 5 POA Cassian leg I had laying around. All the paints were ones I mixed up myself, since I couldn't find adequate colors for anything. Finally, the main ingredient was a LOT of detailed painting and patience. Something I have neither the skill nor...Patience for.

I used this guy's reference images to go by, which are about 1/3 of the way down the page:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/ ... hp?t=89640

Partisan Scout Trooper Rebel:

IMG_8353.JPG

IMG_8354.JPG

IMG_8356.JPG

IMG_8362.JPG

IMG_8361.JPG
Excellent job on the Partisan Scout. This would've been a definite buy if Hasbro made it and it was SA.

This character could be Magva Yarro. You can find her in the Rogue One visual dictionary (or Google her). The picture of her has the visor of what appears to be a scout trooper up, showing her face. Could be a different helmet or character but her outfit looks the same.
Thank you! I actually like the look of her character as well, but I think it might be a different costume altogether. I actually wouldn't mind adding her to the RO gang either now. I might have to pick up the RO Visual Dictionary! Man, that would bring me back the day of my youth, looking through the cross-section book for TPM!
The following link is to someone who did a cosplay of this partisan scout. It appears the character was made to be male, but was portrayed by a female actress. You can find photos in this thread of the actress with the helmet up, as well as a rather burly bearded man in the same costume but without the helmet.
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=278922
johnmorog wrote:The following link is to someone who did a cosplay of this partisan scout. It appears the character was made to be male, but was portrayed by a female actress. You can find photos in this thread of the actress with the helmet up, as well as a rather burly bearded man in the same costume but without the helmet.
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=278922

Interesting! I missed that thread completely, and I have been an RPF member for years! I always assumed it was a female character...

Here is another figure I threw together, from a 5 POA Bodhi and the 5 POA Jyn poncho. I painted the jumpsuit and poncho with the same custom colors I mixed for the SA figures above.

IMG_8572.JPG

IMG_8574.JPG
One figure that I have always wanted from the abysmal Force Awakens movie is Han Solo. Despite not enjoying the movie, Han still serves as my favorite character, and it just made sense for a figure like this to be produced in the 3.75 TBS or TVC line. It has been several years since the film was released, so I thought it was about time that I made my own...

Again, not having a plan when I started, I took several figures apart trying to decide what the best/easiest way to make a mostly screen accurate TFA Han Solo would be. Eventually, I ended up with the following combination:

3.75 TBS Han Solo Head, Holster, and Lower Legs
Sandstorm Han Solo Torso, arms, and Upper Legs
TFA 5 POA Han Solo Jacket
[Everything but his face (stupid wonky eyes) was repainted]

The Force Awakens SA 3.75 Han Solo

IMG_8608.JPG

IMG_8610.JPG

IMG_8611.JPG

IMG_8594.JPG
darthvlad wrote:Looks good.

Okay, since Halloween is coming up in about a month... Lurkers, part 2?

I'm thinking it might be time for part two! LOL. My original intention was to have that up last year, and do another Halloween special this year...But alas. :(

I've been busy doing customs though, which is more manageable given my time restraints, I guess. I plan to start back on PN stuff soon though.

Another Rogue One figure that I wanted, which had/has little to no chance of ever being produced is Galen Erso on Lah’mu. I really love this scene, and the feeling of approaching dread that comes with. Overall, it’s a simple costume for a simple life…Which I can dig.

This figure was a fairly simple one to make. I kind of imagined this figure to be a character that Hasbro could have skimped on a bit, since it doesn’t really “NEED” leg articulation. I ended up using the upper torso of an articulated Luke Skywalker figure, the skirt and legs from a different Luke Skywalker figure (no clue which ones), and the head of the RO Galen Erso figure, which I added a bit of scruff to.

Galen Erso (Lah’mu)

IMG_8632.JPG

IMG_8633.JPG

IMG_8634.JPG

IMG_8635.JPG

IMG_8637.JPG

R2-SNE4 "Sunny" "Sunny" is t[…]

Yakfinities #70 - DROIDS

Rebel Alliance droids of Flare Base (group one) […]

Wow! The detail work on LL-3PO is fantastic. I re[…]

Man, that Jawa Scout Crawler is a great looking ve[…]

Whoa. That's really nice stuff. :wink: